Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Work Day, [Jesse/Janos]
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 10 2012, 8:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 8

When Janos bought Five Shades Darker from Leonardo he'd bought all the contents as well. Leonardo had clearly wanted to rid himself cleanly of the business and had made the hyena a good deal on the furnishings and fixtures. The only problem now was to go through the place and figure out what he was keeping, what he was selling, and what they'd be having carted away.

With all the lights turned all the way up the pub looked dingy and damaged, but that wasn't as much of a problem as it might be. Far more important than being beautiful, Janos wanted his pub to be sturdy, and a lot of these fixtures were. And so he was wandering through the building marking objects with one of three colors of chalk marker as he decided on its fate, dressed in jeans and a faded sweater and with the stereo playing Ben Morrow's latest CD, waiting for Jesse to show up with the food and happily pondering that those upstairs store rooms were plenty clean enough for a little grubby sexual activity in the middle of their planned day of work. Living with Katja was good, it was the only way they could have functioned, but privacy was really nice too.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 10:55 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 22

Jesse managed, only just, to make it into the place without dropping the bags of food he was carrying. Knowing they were going to be here all day and as hopeful about that alone time as Janos was, it was possible he'd ordered enough food for an army. He was okay with that, though.

"Little help here?" he called out, voice doing that weird thing where it was soft but still managed to carry, juggling the bags enough to shut the door.

He'd gone to Georgia's Greek and, having a weakness for just about all of the menu, had gone a little crazy. And then some.

Once Janos had come over and helped him take the load of food to set on the bar, he grabbed him and yanked him in for a kiss. "You hear that? It's the sound of no other people around us."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 12:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Any clever answer Janos might have had to that thing about the sound of nobody there got lost the moment Jesse manhandled him. It only grew with time, the loving surrender to Jess and his rat, and just being pulled in tight like that had his breath catching and his hyena whining in pleasure.

He lifted his face to catch the kiss, gone from bustling competence to melting submission just that fast and loving it. When they had to come apart to breathe Janos kept his arm around Jesse's waist and smiled up at him quite goofily. "I love that sound. It's so rare." Though in all fairness he could see the light at the end of that particular tunnel. As Ash got more active after Jamie's birth, more and more often he wasn't needed at the house during the day but Ekaterina was. Which meant that he could see, dimly, a future where he and Jesse would have the opportunity for mid-day quickies in the comfort of their own bed.

For the moment, though, he stayed pressed up to his boyfriend with that silly smile. "The food smells good," he said without remotely letting go. "Also? You smell good."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 2:35 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Very solemnly: "That's because I bathe." A year later and it was still kind of awesome how he could do that on the regular. That Janos was there for some of the bathing was also a really sweet bonus.

He buried his face in the hyena's shoulder, moving around enough to bit at the back of his neck, right where the neck met spine (he was learning) and gave a short growl of possession before loosening his hold. "Do we have the whole day?" he asked, because while his own schedule had been cleared, Janos was at the mercy of the King's and that was...more difficult.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 2:42 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos was still all but clutching at Jesse's hips, that bite doing nothing to make him want to back away plus also making his legs feel a little bit unsteady. "In theory we do, Garrett and Ash both insist that they can look after themselves for a day and a night, and Katja's there. I can't promise no desperate phone calls, but I think we're good."

He finally did ease his hold, backing off enough so that he could see Jess's expression clearly as he said, "I think they're worried about you. It's been a month, but no matter what the lawyer says I don't think Garrett trusts that they won't try and drag you back into it. And Ash just worries in general."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 3:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"He's not the only one," Jess said around a quiet, humorless laugh, "I'm still not totally clear on why I got let go. People are dicks about shifters, and when you mix us with babies?" Nevermind he'd saved the kid, "I should have been executed. Me and that lion that got let go. I don't get that, either."

This was something he'd said roughly a thousand times, but it bore saying again. It was why he was worried they'd come for him again.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 3:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Quietly, "It was Shiloh, love. She'd never leave you in there, even if you'd been guilty of everything they ever claimed." He hadn't asked the Master about it, he hadn't needed to. Janos knew how she operated, and he knew that she still considered Jesse one of her strays, whether he was Garrett's now or not. "What worries me is how long it took. I would have thought she'd have had you out in a matter of days."

user posted image
Wisteria
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 2:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 23

"I have no idea," Jess said with a helpless shrug. "Considering most of the city wanted my head on a plate, I'm surprised she got me out at all." He wondered if Garrett had had to promise Shiloh anything or if she'd done it just because she wanted to. He was sort of afraid to ask, and the King hadn't said anything but 'welcome back' when he'd gotten out. "You look at it that way, two weeks isn't so bad."
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 11:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Two weeks was bad," Janos said heavily, feeling that clutch in his chest just at the memory. He'd visited every single time the rules allowed, had topped up his commissary account every single morning, and had fretted endlessly. He'd spent every moment he could manage at Garrett's house, cleaning it and reorganizing it obsessively. On the night that Ash had woken at 4 to pee and caught Janos repainting the kitchen they'd finally put their collective foot down.

In the end it really was only Jess's release that had let Janos pull himself together in any real way. Even now he had to fight the urge to clutch. "I would prefer it if you could manage not to get arrested again any time soon. If you don't mind."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 27 2012, 7:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A soft laugh as he pressed a long kiss to Janos's temple. "I don't really want to go back in, trust me," he said, and while he hid it fairly well most of the time, there was a hint of something in his voice that made it sound haunted. "And Garrett said if I go in again he'll shoot me himself, so...."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 27 2012, 8:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A weak laugh, he didn't back away. "That's what you get for being one of his favorites. Threats, extra training hours, extra bruises in the training." He kissed Jess's shoulder, hard. "You're not going back there." He was trying to convince both of them, and managed to sound pretty sure. His faith in Garrett and Shiloh was damned near infinite.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 8:21 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A hard, fast kiss and he pulled away. "Getting too depressing," he said, Janos well aware of Jesse's problems with anything when it got too heavily emotional, one way or another.

"Show me what you've decided and what you've got done," he demanded then, because if anything was bound to pull them out of the near funk that talking about his incarceration had landed them in, it was the potential of this bar.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 10:28 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

It was a surefire way to distract him, and Janos started showing Jesse around the building, pointing out the rooms on the upper two stories and his plans for them. As they got to the top level he said, a bit diffidently, "I'm having them turn this into a pair of apartments. I don't know if we'll ever be free to move in to them, but it's a nice thought. And if not, we can rent them out to other rats who need to live off the Compound and have a bit of onsite security."

As they headed back downstairs, Janos dug into one of the boxes he'd brought and produced a manila folder with a few sheets of paper in it and handed it to Jess. "I have a preliminary version of the menu. A few things might change, but this is most of what it'll look like."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 10:41 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He didn't know why, really, but something told Jess they'd never move off the Compound. But he didn't say that, and instead nodded and followed along on the rest of the tour before sitting down with the menu.

"Christ," he said, almost so low as to be under his breath, though even then Janos would hear him, "I'll take all of it."

He looked up and grinned, wide and broad and happy. "This place is going to kick ass."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 11:03 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos grinned back, open and eager in a way that very few people ever saw. "It really is. Niecey will be here after the New Year, she's already talked to the pride. The smoker is on its way, Ash says her crew can do all the work in five weeks. Even factoring in for minor disasters, we should be able to open no later than March 1, maybe even for Valentine's day." If the hyena had been the type, he might have bounced.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |