Always Looking for Something, Katie/Cael
Katie Gaines
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:51 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 29

She was still staying with Garrett and Ash, but the work they were doing toward changing the house into a Home was giving her something to do, something real to work toward and it was helping, some, with all of the things she was trying to work through.

She'd come by to sign some paperwork that Drew had drawn up, texting her brother for the thousandth time and getting no answer. As she needed him as well for the signing she was sort of stuck waiting. As it was well before sundown, she had a good idea why he wasn't answering his phone.

Cranky, she went to the employee break room to see if anyone was around to keep her company and sighed when she saw it was empty. She could go look for Ben, but it was loud everywhere else and she had a hard time speaking loudly enough to be heard lately and was refusing to use the tablet again, at least to speak for her.

Lamely, she tried Eli, but he wasn't answering either.

She sighed again, grabbed a Coke from the fridge, and pulled up Angry Birds. She was still addicted to it.

She got so lost in what she was doing that she didn't hear someone walk in. So engrossed as she missed a level, again, that she thought she was speaking to an empty room as she said, "That is such crap! I totally hit that wall just right." She spoke in a raspy whisper, no real sound to her speaking 'voice' as he vocal chords still didn't, and probably never would, work.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Cael Davien
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 1:55 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 224

Cael was at his wits end with everything. He needed a holiday and yet wouldn't dare leave Ariel here but if he suggested something for them both she would roll her eyes and remind him of a memory that was false and implanted by the fae. He just couldn't get over the whole thing even if it did happen months ago. And he would never be pleased with Ariel bringing boys home to sleep with. She needed to slow down, except all he would get in response is that look like she was questioning his sanity again.

He was supposed to have the night off but where was he supposed to go? So he was hanging around Many Moons and wishing Cynthia was back. They weren't close friends but she had a real talent for removing emotions from a situation and getting to the nitty gritty truth that no one wanted to admit but what the best cause of action. Cael would completely benefit from that right about now. at least security was doing its thing. he came into the break room with a frown at seeing someone there.

He paused rising half on tip toe to look down at her phone and the game she played. "I have it on good authority no one plays angry birds any more." he told her as he passed kate to go to the fridge and make something. It had been excuse for leaving his room if Ariel found him spying on her. "although that voice of authority was stuck on one level for about a week so she might be a little biased." He flashed her a smile before sticking his head in the fridge.

"Who are you waiting for?" he asked, scanning the food and nothing really popping out at him.

IF A LION COULD SPEAK, WE WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND HIM
+++++++++++
CAEL
+++++++++++

FASHION

LION SHIFTER

FATHER FIGURE

THIRTY ONE

HEAD OF MOONS SECURITY

LOYAL TO SHILOH

SINGLE

| PM |
Katie Gaines
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 9:19 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She actually jumped, but had the grace to smile in amusement at her own jumpiness.

She didn't remember his name, because they didn't run in the same circles at all, but she knew he was one of the security team. A lion, but that was less from memory and more from scent.

She gave him a friendly smile anyway, because Katie was the friendly sort. Everyone - so long as they didn't have a camera or a mic - was a potential friend in her eyes.

"My brother," she told him, trying to make her 'voice' carry best she could. "Don't suppose you've seen him? Looks kinda like me, only more retarded. Lots of tattoos, nice suit, the newest member of Miri's harem?" Not that she was unhappy about that or anything.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Cael Davien
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 1:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He knew who she was. Didn't know her personally but knew her face and maybe sadly knew of the recent events that made the former rock star loose her voice. He wasn't sure if she wanted to hear his condolences or not and decided they weren't really friendly enough for her to care. "Rest your voice..." he tapped his ears with a smile. "Alpha lions hear everything. Don't strain yourself for me." Although he had seen this thing before and polite people would always stretch the limits to make themselves easier to hear.

He frowned, closing the fridge door and opening a cupboard still looking for a food distraction. "Josh?" he asked and turned to her for confirmation. "I haven't seen him but it is my night off and I am supposed to be relaxing but I find it hard to relax these days." he finally grabbed bag of cookies that had already been opened and went back to the fridge, grabbed the milk to go with them. "I could go looking if you want? Make some calls and track him down if your in a hurry." Cael offered.

He set the cookies and milk down and went for a glass because he was in the company of a lady. "Do you want in on some of this?" Cael asked her, hand poised over a second glass

+++++++++++
CAEL
+++++++++++

FASHION

LION SHIFTER

FATHER FIGURE

THIRTY ONE

HEAD OF MOONS SECURITY

LOYAL TO SHILOH

SINGLE

| PM |
Katie Gaines
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

There really wasn't any good way for her to talk that wasn't a pain in the ass. Typing took too long and the whispering thing dried out her throat after a while. But it was really nice when he told her not to try so hard and she gave him a grateful smile.

"The answer to that question, when involving cookies, is always 'yes'," she told him with a silent laugh, "Please."

As to her brother, she shrugged and held up her phone. "He'll text me when they're done hanging out," and she only just managed not to do air quotes around the last bit, "No need to go hunting him down. But thanks for offering."

Then, because she didn't believe in the concept of 'none of your business', she asked, "Why can't you relax? Moons under siege and I don't know about it?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Cael Davien
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 4:04 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He could hear the quotation marks around hanging out and he smiled at it before pouring her a glass. He left the milk on the table between them. Cael liked a lot of milk with his cookies and could have easily finished the two litres on his own. "moons is always under siege.' he chuckled like it was some kind of joke. "The question is how immediate is it and right now your safe." he reassured her opening the bag and taking a cookie, leaving it open for her to take as she wanted.

"being head of security is an interesting job and I am fairly certain the whole thing will fall apart if I leave it alone for just a minute. So my days off are really just less extreme days on that I don't get paid for." He shrugged. He lived for his work and except for Ariel he didn't have a whole lot else to do. "I'm Cael by the way." he offered his hand over the table

+++++++++++
CAEL
+++++++++++

FASHION

LION SHIFTER

FATHER FIGURE

THIRTY ONE

HEAD OF MOONS SECURITY

LOYAL TO SHILOH

SINGLE

| PM |
Katie Gaines
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 3:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Considering one of the worst things that had ever happened to her happened in Moons, if there was any shred of possibility that she wasn't safe she wouldn't even be here. But his assurances were nice, too.

"Katie," she said, introducing herself with the same friendly smile and handshake before taking a drink of milk. She liked the clean taste of it before she ruined it with cookie crumbs.

Dunking one of the cookies and then taking a bite, she waited until she'd swallowed to say, "It's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." A slight exaggeration, but she went with it. "Do you like it? Running security?" If she remembered correctly, he was fairly new to being the head.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Cael Davien
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 5:05 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I enjoy it." he liked it because it kept him busy, gave him access to many other people who were happy to assist him and the pay was good but he didn't think he could say that all to Katie so he just picked the less creepy one. "I have always been a pretty active person. My dad was an army guy and rising before sunrise was a regular part of growing up. Nine to five doesn't work for me." he made a face as if just the thought left a bad taste in his mouth.

"I'm glad Dante gave me the chance. I have been living in Seattle for about ten years so I knew all the tricks and while he was a good guy for this place he didn't like change." He cleared his throat into his hand and ate a cookie, feeling like he had over shared so he stopped himself. She had this face that made you want to trust her with information that she didn't deserve to know. Lucky they played for the same team. He held the next cookie in the milk for a little while before he took a bite.

"Have you noticed anything I should be keeping my eye on are you satisfied with my work?" he smiled as he asked the question. He meant nothing by it, just for something to say and he wasn't quite sure how to bring up her accident so he was trying to avoid it as politely as possible.

+++++++++++
CAEL
+++++++++++

FASHION

LION SHIFTER

FATHER FIGURE

THIRTY ONE

HEAD OF MOONS SECURITY

LOYAL TO SHILOH

SINGLE

| PM |
Katie Gaines
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 4:31 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She took the cookie with warm, grateful smile. She knew she shouldn't, but she had the worst habit of treating just about anyone she'd known for three minutes as a friend. She couldn't seem to help herself, no matter how many times it got her into trouble.

She was safe here, though, even after what had happened she always felt safe at Moons. "I half expect people to be trying to blow this place up left and right," she said, "And since there haven't been any explosions," a big grin, "I'd say you're doing a pretty kick ass job. Thanks for that, by the way."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |