Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Where They Won't Be, [Ben/Marisol]
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 133

She laughed, and looked at him in deep amusement. "That's it? That's the path you're going to pick out of all the ways you could get this party started? 'Hey Mari, you might have a magic vagina and my head hurts?'" she admonished. "Lame, dude."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:44 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 17

He beamed at her, not the least bit put off. "I was more thinking about Jarvis's scarred up hands. He hurts, Mari. The pain in his palms reflects the pain in his woebegone heart." He even managed to bat his eyes. Well, blink a bunch of times in a row.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:52 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yes, I can see how you're just dripping concern for him," she said with a sage nod, then pulled a face. "If getting that kid laid would help snap him out of it, don't think I wouldn't try it. But since he's with Suki now," she trailed off, shrugging. She wasn't saying anything bad about Suki, but there would be sex, however they managed to make it work.

"Speaking of, she is way too old for him and I disapprove."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 2:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He scowled, distracted from the potentially magic vagina (which took some doing). "She's way too broken for him. They feed into the worst of one another's behaviors, encourage that 'we're so sad and hurt, nobody understands our pain' thing that's so unhealthy. And I get why Tommy let them move in with him, but I wish to hell he hadn't. He's never home, so they have all day to angst at one another without interruption."

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 4:49 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She chewed her lip, thinking. "You could separate them," she said slowly, "Though that seems awfully parental of you. Though," she repeated, "My Raj did that to me when I was infected. I was separated from my Papa and the rest of the Pard because Papa was too protective and," she paused, frowning, "I'm not sure why the rest of the Pard. I mean, I came around and stuff, but I had to live with my mentor for like, six months. It was the best thing they ever could have done for me."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

An agonized look. "Don't make me live with him. I've already played mentor twice as long as we usually do, and I'm not giving up on the kid, but please don't make me live with him?" Ben hated sharing his living space, and if he moved Jarvis in he'd have to give up the loft, which was a one-bedroom.

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:54 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

An innocuous look. "I'm not making you do anything," she pointed out, "You outrank me. In that, you have a rank and I don't." A sweet smile.

"Doesn't have to be you. But it may be worth looking into. Sloan seems to have taken a shine to Suki, maybe she'd be willing to take her in and," a wan smile, "I think Suki could help Sloan, too. Soften her up a little. She needs it."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He gave her a dirty look but was distracted by pard politics. "The only thing that's going to soften Sloan up is her deciding that being a bitch isn't getting her what she wants. I actually kind of like Sloan, but it's gotten past the point where it's because she's socially awkward or unclear on the culture or anything else. She kind of divorced herself from the pard, which it's hard to blame her, but she's either going to stop being a bitch and start interacting, or she's going to stay just as lonely as we all know she is." He shook his head. "It's on her now."

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:33 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yes, it is," she agreed, "Just like it's on everyone to be a part of this part of their life. But that doesn't mean we can't give her a kitten to raise up to help her along." Mari, who had been infected as a child, personally hated the term 'kitten' for any cat, but with Suki, it really did fit.

She poked him with her foot then, because the petting had slowed and she was not okay with that. "I think it may be a really good idea, but when you tell Collin," again, that sweet 'ha, you're leadership' smile, "You may have to really sell it."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:50 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Very seriously, "I think you're right about it being a good idea, but only if Sloan will actually follow through. If she won't, Suki has already had enough people promise her big things and not follow through."

Ben didn't feel ready to be ranked, whatever Collin thought about it, but now that he was in it, he was trying to do it right. Duty was bred into Ben, blood and bone, and however he'd twisted and ducked to avoid it, now that he had it he was going to do it right if it killed him.

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Mari nodded, "Agreed. I don't understand how she's still so trusting, but I don't want to be the one who had a hand in breaking that part of her. Though," she added, "Some of that needs to be broken."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded, almost (not quite) forgetting that he was petting on her leg and hopefully aiming toward resolving some of the insane draw between them. "Some of it does. But I think it needs to be broken by somebody who's already proven that they'll stick with her through the lows as well as the highs. She needs to learn that she doesn't always have to be the perfect harmless useless sex kitten, but the number of people who've taken up her cause and then dropped her flat when she got annoying are only making that worse."

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She sighed. "I know," she admitted, then gave him a sheepish grin. "Sam and I kind of roshamboed some stuff out." Not exactly how it'd happened, but whatever. "She won Sloan. I'll ask her to add this discussion to her plate there, if Coll's okay with it. Just let me know." Because she was still going to make Ben do the talking.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ben Morrow
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded, but then grinned. "Do I get to know what you two decided?" It wasn't to have sex with one another. He'd have scented it, and he'd been paying attention.

user posted image
Marisol Delgado
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Just some shop talk about seeing if we can't help with some of the problem children," Mari told him with a shrug, "It's what we're supposed to do, you know? I've been slacking because I was avoiding running into you, and that's on me." She had the grace to look embarrassed. Not because she'd been avoiding him, but because she'd let that come between her and the leopards she already loved. She saw it as being stupid and weak, and she hated that.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |