Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Everything's Changing, Rin/Collin
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 51

She slid up onto his lap gratefully, got her arms around him and traded deep scent-markers because she needed to. Her jaguar approved, but most of it was just Rin. "We'll figure it out," she agreed, believing it because she wanted to. "We'll just find some impossible solution to the problem. We can do that, no problem. Do it all the time."

And she kissed him, because she needed to and, after about ten seconds, because she just wanted to. It was part of what made them wonderful, at least in her opinion. That even when things were dire, she could always find the happiness that came from just having him, being with him. That the want was as strong as the need.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 3:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

It was all he needed right then. He tightened his arms around her, pulling her in, where she belonged, where she would always belong. Somehow and some way, that was never going to change. And, no matter how many other things were changing around them, the way she felt in his arms, the taste of her, the way that feeling of 'mine' rose and hit and was just true in a way that he'd always known on some level. He needed her now the way he always had.

"God, Rin," he breathed, everything that had happened hitting him and having him hold onto her just a little more tightly, clinging for so many reasons he didn't even try to list them.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:01 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She held on to him, tucking his head against her shoulder and kissing his hair, and let the feel and scent and shape of him reassure her. This was Collin, her Collin, her sunshine boy. Who'd been the good angel on her shoulder for longer than she cared to admit, who clicked together with her like the second piece of a puzzle. Her whole life was made up of memories that included him in them, and there wasn't a future where he wouldn't be there.

"It'll all come right in the end." Something Teo used to say, not that she even remembered that right now. "I love you." Two statements that no logic could construct into an actual reassurance, but which made her feel better even so.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 6:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"It will," he said, believing that. Maybe because he was an eternal pessimist or because he was finally starting to believe in himself. Or maybe he believed in the Pard. It was probably a mix of all three.

"I love you, too," he said. "You still throw my world on its ear in a really good way, even after all these years." It was sort of a stupid thing to say, but not for him or for them, not considering the history.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She brushed his grown-out bangs back out of his eyes just for the excuse to watch them flop forward again. "I'd better." A soft smile, gentle in a way that so few people ever saw. "If you got bored and wandered away I'd be awfully sad. And violent. Sad and violent."

Leaning in enough that her forehead touched his, she closed her eyes and made herself believe that there was no goodbye in this. "We're going to do great things with this. We're going to take care of them, and make our folks proud." She knew it was part of it. It was for her, too.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

God he loved her. "We are," he said, leaning in to nuzzle at her neck. "We'll figure out how to run two separate groups," a nibble, "And how to fix mine," and a lick, "And how to avoid that Damocles thing," another bite, harder, at the side of her neck, "And when we've done all of that," and he knew it would take a while, "You'll make an honest man out of me."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:52 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Wait, what? No fair saying that when he was biting on her neck. She'd already been squirming around, ready to agree with all that stuff about politics and then he busts out that?

She pulled back and glared at him, ignoring the flush already spreading up her throat from arousal. "I'm sorry, was that a proposal?" She sounded outraged, which was kind of ruined by the way that she also sounded kind of wispy.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:01 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Technically, no," he said, trying for blase but ruining it with the wide grin, which looked ridiculous on the still sort of ruined face. "It's more a declaration of intent. There will be proposing when things settle, Rin. Consider this fair warning," and giving her time to get used to the idea of marrying him.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She watched him through narrowed eyes, though she didn't exactly get off his lap or anything. And in fact, her answer to all that was, "I want a ring. A good one, get Mari to pick it out. But I'd marry you tonight if you wouldn't look so goofy in the pictures." Why pretend otherwise? She'd told him before that this was forever for her, she believed him when he said it was for him. The politics didn't allow it right now, but she'd love to marry him. With a good ring.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:44 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I can pick a ring," he said, sounding a bit offended by the insinuation that he couldn't. But then he kissed her again, surprised for some reason at so little resistance.

"Good, then."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:48 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She slid her arms around him and kissed him deeply, because it wasn't as easy as she'd made it sound to agree to giving up a piece of her autonomy, and because politics were scary and because his face had gotten all messed up and he could have died and, always, because he was sexy as hell and all hers. And it was that last thought that had her shifting slightly on his lap, pressing against him in ways that were less comfort and more enticement.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 9:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Like he needed enticement when it came to her, ever. Keeping all the best parts pressed together he got his hands under her legs, standing and carrying her to bed. He was exhausted, physically and emotionally and should be far, far too tired for extracurriculars, but he really, really wasn't.

He needed her. Needed to lose himself in the parts of her that only he got, ground himself in ways he couldn't with anyone else, ever. He could sleep, now, but it would be fitful and useless and he knew it.

So instead they were restless together and, when they finally collapsed into a tangled pile of them, only then did Collin finally give over to a sleep that was dreamless and exactly what he needed.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |