Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Playing Happy Awkward Families, [Cameron/Isobel/Aria]
Cameron Nelson
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 1:02 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Cindy

Member No.: 220

Cameron was not much looking forward to this dinner. Maybe if he only had to host one guest or the other for the meal instead of both at the same time it wouldn’t have been so bad. It was a good idea and he so desperately wanted it to go smoothly, but common sense clouded his hopeful judgement that his teenage daughter would ever dream to behave and make it easy on him. Or Aria, for that matter. It had been a good two weeks since he’d told Isobel that he was expecting a baby with Aria, and in that time the scowls and smart remarks hadn’t lessened in the slightest.

Because when you’re a little girl growing up and your father is the exact opposite of everything you need him to be; available, helping, caring, present - then him setting up this nice little family dinner with the woman he got knocked up was hardly going to give Isobel reason to have faith in him. Her Mom cheated, that wasn’t right, and she never once disputed that, but the last thing she expected was her Dad to bail even further still, relocate for a vampire and then start a new life away from his original family, at the very opposite end of the scale in distance and extremity. Because for all appearances, that was exactly what it sounded like he was doing.

Case in point; when did Cameron ever bother to cook a meal for himself, or more importantly, for others? Especially when he was living in a hotel with a fully staffed, perfectly qualified kitchen at his disposal. No points for guessing the answer was a resounding never.

Isobel had since moved into her own suite, thank god for small miracles, and had only joined her father in his because he’d invited her over earlier, tried to entice her into helping him prepare dinner; for bonding and all that, and curtly given up on his failed attempts and left her to play first with the heating and then with her cellphone on the couch. It was only a chicken and mushroom pie with vegetables, there wasn’t much for her to help with anyway. But he’d tried.

It was the girl who answered the door when Aria knocked, promising her best behaviour to her father, and all wide smiles as she swung the door open, giving the woman no clue as to whether she was using her best manners, or her best impression of. “You must be Aria,” she stuck her hand forward. “I’m Isobel, Cameron’s daughter.” As if that wasn’t obvious, and there was no hiding the tone in her voice as she said that part. “Come in, he’s busy cooking. But we can always order up from the kitchen if you don’t trust him. I’m not sure I do yet.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:37 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 94

Aria was nervous. That was a bit of an understatement of the month. this dinner with Isobel was more important then almost anything else she had going on in her personal life because so much counted on the girl liking her. She doubted this could work out if Cameron had a sullen daughter to deal with. She went through all the worst case scenarios which included ugly court cases and cameron taking their child and disappearing in the world with the help of Vengadise. That was when Aria knew she had gone to far into the realm of fantasy and needed to come back to reality.

But clothing was a big issue. she couldn't come in a corset. they gave her to much cleavage which was great for a night with Cameron but not for this. But she needed to stay herself because Isobel needed to know who she really was. Aria was never very good at pretending to be someone she wasn't. As it was she was a little less recognisable. the bright red hair she loved was dyed over with only subtle sections allowed to shine through. she couldn't get rid of it all but she needed something a little more professional. Given some more time and it might be a more natural brown colour. But this was her compromise with herself.

She managed not to frown when the girl answered the door. She wished it was Cameron so she could find out just how Isobel was with this whole dinner thing. Instead she smiled, didn't offer her hand but took Isobel's when the girl stuck hers out. "it is really good to finally put a face to the name Isobel. Do you have a name you prefer or is Isobel ok?" she asked to be polite before stepping into the apartment she now knew rather well. "he hasn't managed to kill me yet so I think we might be safe. But let's keep poison control and the kitchens on standby. Just in case." She was putting on a good show but would feel better when she got a look at Cameron at least.

BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY
+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SCREWING AROUND WITH CAMERON
SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 4:39 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 294

The one thing Isobel hadn’t been expecting was for Aria to look quite so young. There was no way she was out of her twenties yet, which would put her age closer to Is’ own than to her father’s. That thought was more than a little strange to grasp. When Cam had told her the news it had been mostly her ranting and raving, and not so many questions. Since then, she’d done her best at avoiding him, or especially, the topic. Only now did she realise that left her without a lot of answers.

Though she had quite literally only just set eyes on the woman, Isobel was expecting a Mom replacement, but it seemed Cameron was moving onwards and upwards to better things, and so everything about Aria was being pitted against her mother. The age thing was point one against Mom. The fact that Dad was shooting way out of his league almost knocked her bravado at the door. Almost. “No, Isobel is fine.” She shut the door behind her and spoke as she led Aria through from the entrance. She didn’t know, didn’t want to know, that the woman probably knew the space just as well as, if not better than she did. “Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Was her last piece of advice as she plastered another broad smile on her face to tell her father she was a good girl and had behaved, and folded one leg under her to sit sideways on one of the seats at the table, unflinchingly watching the pair of them to see how they interacted.

The one thing Cameron could rely on was that no matter where in the place Isobel was, he’d be able to hear what she said, and the girl knew it, so there was no sly chance of her getting a dig in with him out of the room. Telepathy might have been awfully nice too, but one can’t have everything. “I’m not planning on killing any one of us with my food tonight, but thank you Isobel.” His smile was genuine as Aria entered after his daughter though, and he told her, “You look nice tonight.” Stepping in, he gave her a kiss on the cheek before lowering his voice and adding, “Nothing like an audience, right?”

A long time had been spent figuring out how he was going to greet her, but at the end of the day he wasn’t going to let his own flesh and blood scare him off from being as normal as possible with the woman. It was already known that they were sleeping together, a little kiss to the cheek was hardly scandalous. “Is, come get some plates out, I’m just about ready to dish up.” The girl did as she was told, laying them out along the bench while Cam busied himself with getting the pie from the oven to serve. Standing on the opposite side of the bench to the kitchen and leaning against it, Isobel asked, “So are you a shifter too, Aria?” Her mind was constantly turning over and thinking. She knew generally shifters couldn’t keep a pregnancy, but that there was something along the lines of they could if they had help, if someone powerful helped them with their shifts. Someone like Cameron.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 4:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

she tried not to pout when all she got was a kiss on the check from Cameron in greeting but given the circumstances she supposed it was better then nothing. But she did step in close to the shifter, a hand on his cheek as he kissed her and her fingers trailed just a little down his neck before she remembered that maybe Isobel didn't need to see her getting so intimate with her father. Oh well, nothing to be done now but to own it. They might not be dating or anything like that but wouldn't it be better for the girl to think her daddy dearest had knocked up his girlfriend rather then his friend with benefits?

Always one to give into fate Aria let her doubts go as Cameron and Isobel put the finishing touches on the meal he had been cooking. "Ah no, I'm a mage actually. Magic user." She tapped her upper arm where the ritualistic scar was half hidden by the sleeve but Aria would not be removing the jacket until they had less of an audience. she wore nothing but a bra beneath it. And while it was a nice bra and sometimes when she moved it could be seen beneath the scarf she again doubted Isobel needed the reminder that her dad was having sex.

"Runes and blood. It can be a little intense but nothing like shifting." She smiled wondering how much Cameron was comfortable with his daughter knowing. Cutting shapes into yourself and believing they held power could sound a little satanic or emo depending on your spin on it. Which is why she didn't say a word about her voodoo practices. "I'm also the director and principal at the new academy.' Ok, now she was bragging trying to somehow prove through her resume that she was in fact deserving of her fathers friendship. Under all the pretty she had a brain and power.

"Cam said you had a little luck finding work with the pack?" she asked the leading question to give Isobel a chance to talk about herself.

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 7:31 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Her mother was just a regular A-grade human, not a shifter, not even close. Neither was Aria. Even with her mage thing, Isobel wasn’t sure if that was a benefit or if it wasn’t, so that was promptly written off as a stalemate. Shifters and vampires she had, to an extent, grown up with, and beyond that, surrounded herself socially with, she fairly well knew what they were about. Psychics and beyond she went fuzzy on, but as far as she could tell, magic was a choice, psychic power was a gift. It was clear she didn’t know though, and there was the smallest hint of real interest as she looked at the part of the scar she could see on Aria’s arm as she asked, “Does that mean the baby will do magic too?”

It was the first question not directly about Aria, but the reason they were all here together. And until it arrived and until it was real and impossible to ignore, it would be just that; the baby. Or, it worked as well. She was being petty, it wasn’t even happening to her, really, but until such a time as the baby was born, it was easier to extract herself away from it and forget that she was about to get a little baby brother or sister. They’d probably want her to babysit, too, as big sister duty or something. She couldn’t even remember if she’d ever had to look after a kid that didn’t know how to use the potty on their own. Wow didn’t that sound like fun.

“Isn’t that what Jacinda did, Is?” Cam offered, an old friend of hers from over the way, but all he was met with was a hostile look that said how dare he try and add his input into the conversation when he had no idea who or what the hell he was talking about, and she gave no more explanation than her firm answer of, “No.” Picking up her plate from the line, Isobel took it to sit at the table, Cameron using that time to offer a reassuring kind of smile to Aria, like that it wasn’t going incredibly especially terribly so far. More so when he didn’t try and join in, apparently.

Once they were seated at the table as well, Isobel continued like nothing untoward had happened, swallowing a mouthful before she asked, “Is that what’s on your arm, runes?” And after she’d given Aria time to answer that, she went on with a nod, probably the one thing he had mentioned. “Dad told me about that. Can I just ask, how old are you?” It was rude to ask a woman’s age, she didn’t need Cameron’s frown across the table to tell her that, but she couldn’t pick it, and if Aria was mid-twenties like her guess, that made her pretty young to be running an academy, didn’t it? Maybe she was more like late twenties and she kept her age well.

Probably the first genuine smile came to the girl’s face when Aria asked about her job she’d scored, as far as she knew all to do with the credit off her own back, and nothing to do with who her father was. “Yeah the vampire who’s looking after the pack is starting up a magazine, so I’m having a go at being stylist for the photoshoots. My friend is one of the models for her, and I know a couple of others working for it, too.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 8:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Aria managed to brush her hand against Cameron's as he passed her mostly to let him know she was fine with all the questions and there was nothing she could ask that would make her want to leave. She preferred a questioning girl rather then a silent one. Aria grabbed her own plate and followed them through to the small dining room where she sat next to Cameron which put her opposite Isobel. She didn't have a chance to even taste the food though in front of her. "I doubt very much that the baby will be able to do what I do. I am a very rare kind of magic user. There are less then ten of us in the world." She explained to Isobel. If everything went as it should the baby should be completely human.

"Yeah, this is Aequum Animum." She told Isobel, rising the hem of her sleeve so she could see the mark. It looked like a scar and yet didn't. Almost like a burn but then again not really the same. It didn't look like she just grabbed a knife and dug into herself. There was something stylish and determined about the mark. "It is permanent and I can't do it myself. it gives a person a level head." She lowered her sleeve, smoothing out the fabric again. she offered up her wrist to the girl to show her a faded rune that sat there. Only at certain angles was it visible and it seemed to be fading in front of her eyes. 'fidens rune for fear." she gave Cameron a quick side ways look before she went on to move her scarf.

On her chest was another of the runes although this one looked much like the one on her wrist. They must have been part of the same ritual. "Courage rune." she told Isobel. "Meeting you made me nervous." she lied before her scarf swung back into place and covered the markings again. The runes were the only thing that got her through the call with Sheridan but she didn't want to get into that with Isobel in the room. Aria hoped to tell Cameron about it later, probably when he walked her to parking lot. "And I am thirty four." She smiled as she said it like there was a joke in there somewhere.

"That is a really good move for someone so young. It will open a lot of doors for you when your older." Aria congratulated her on her job before she even got near her dinner. She took a small experimental bite before she nodded to Cameron. "It's good." she brushed her leg against his under the table.

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 11:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Aria’s answer seemed to satisfy the girl and she just nodded. If she’d said straight that it was likely the child would be able to do what she could, it would have been a blow. On top of Cameron moving to this coast, starting a new life with a younger woman and a new family, if the baby were to come out special too she really would have felt discarded, like a plain old human wife and daughter weren’t good enough. Of course they were silly thoughts, but that didn’t make them feel any less real in her mind. On her way down with her eyes to look to her plate, she subtly had a glimpse at Aria’s left hand. There was no ring on her finger. She was half expecting there to be; ‘Since you’re here Is, by the way.’ At least she hadn’t been a bastard child.

She was back to being interested when Aria started showing off her runes, the one on her arm first. It looked almost painful, but done in a way that it somehow didn’t seem so, she wasn’t really sure why. And she wanted to ask if Aria couldn’t do it herself, who carved something like that into another person? But she didn’t. Then it was the faded one on her wrist, and the girl didn’t notice, or didn’t care, but Cameron was paying attention now, watching Aria with quiet interest over his meal, eyes questioning, especially when she lied about the rune on her chest. Clearly it was not an explanation for now though, but they would wonder until they were alone.

Isobel gave a small smile when the woman said meeting her made her nervous, not quite embarrassed over it, but like she knew what Aria meant. At her age, she couldn’t hide the surprise that crossed her face, and the girl glanced at her father, almost as if she were lying so it didn’t sound so bad, and Cameron’s expression might give it away. There was nothing there though, and she looked back to Aria to tell her, complimentary, “Wow, well you don’t look it, at all. And yeah,” she smiled then. “I hope so.”

Cameron smiled at Aria and put his leg alongside hers, reaching down casually as if he were scratching his leg, but running his hand along hers instead. “Glad you like it, poisoned or not.” He shot a grin at his daughter, but she ignored him. They ate a few more mouthfuls in comfortable enough silence, but Isobel was nowhere near finished with her questions. This time directed at Cameron however, she asked, “Are you going to tell Mom?” He managed not to cringe as he replied, “I was planning on it, yes.” “But you haven’t yet?” “Not yet.” “When are you going to, then? When it’s born?” Cameron frowned at her, but barely got a chance to answer before the girl was looking at Aria again, kinder than she had her father, like the woman was the lesser of two evils. “So when are you due? Dad wasn’t sure.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 12:17 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She wasn't exactly sure how it had happened but apparently she was the good guy here. She at least got curiosity from the girl. Cameron was lucky to get a smile. She pressed her leg to his just to show her support. Let Isobel be annoyed at him. Cameron had years of getting used to her tone that Aria probably wouldn't have dealt so well with it all.

"Probably best to tell her then." she said to Isobel not sure if either of them cared about her opinion on the matter but if something should go wrong for whatever reason and she lost the baby she didn't then want Cameron or isobel to have to explain that part to the ex wife Aria had never met and didn't want to meet. She would probably judge her more then Isobel did. "Get all the details in one go you know." If the woman didn't just hang up the phone the minute she realised what she was being told.

"Mid September." she answered her question on the due date. "So far everything is going well, or so they reassure me." She was going to a private hospital for check ups even though people told her to go to the shifter hospital. She just didn't see why the regular hospital should think there was anything odd with her being pregnant. There was no chance of Mowgli Syndrome since Cameron had very much been human every time. But she did go to the private sector for the privacy from the paparazzi. Another thing to talk to Cameron about.

"I have an appointment next week. They might be able to see the sex." She was telling Cameron and Isobel at the same time. "If you want to come you are welcome. The heart beat sounds weird but other then some goo on my stomach it isn't that intrusive."

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:20 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Cameron was enjoying the touch from Aria, hidden under the table so there was no scornful looks from it, but still the comfort. Isobel’s mood or attitude was by no means anything new to him, but her leg against his definitely helped, and quite frankly, he was glad that the ire was directed at him as it usually was, and not at Aria. A smile at her and a light bump against her leg before he turned back to Isobel. “How about I call her tonight then, that make you happy?” “No, it won’t.” The girl was determined not to make this easy on him. “C’mon Is, why not?” “Because, if you ring her tonight it’ll be two in the morning there.” She gave him a curt little smile that read; duh, timezones, as she put the last forkful to her mouth.

“Right. Tomorrow, then.” He sighed. That was a thousand times as difficult as it needed to be. In truth, he hadn’t forgotten about the ex, it was more that, well, nothing. Hoping that he wouldn’t need to tell her just wouldn’t work. She might not talk to him, but she would speak to Isobel. Actually, it was a miracle Is hadn’t told her already, but then the girl was mad at her too now, after packing her across to him. Shit were they a mess. But, maybe the news of the baby would finally get the woman to sign the papers. Why she hadn’t yet was beyond him.

“September’s nice.” Isobel nodded as she pushed her plate away from her. “You know when my birthday is? April freaking Fools.” She shot a look at her father, as if he had any kind of control over the date she’d actually been born. Other people thought it was a cool birthday, a fun date to be born. Isobel most certainly did not enjoy it, after the tenth lame prank in a row because friends thought they were being unique, or box-inside-box-inside-box presents that turned into nothing. It got pretty old pretty quick.

Cam smiled at Aria again as he finished his own meal, had figured a date to see the sex must be coming up soon, and that he’d like to accompany her to an appointment sooner rather than later. He supposed too that brought up the question whether she wanted to know the sex or not before it was born. Isobel though had turned indifferent again and she gave a shrug. “Nah it’s okay, I’ll just let you guys go.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:38 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Aria let them bicker, trying not to intrude on whatever back and forth drama they seemed to be engaged in because so far it was just snappy and Isobel wasn't really being mean to Cameron. Not on purpose and that was fine. When the topic of birthdays came up though Aria felt like she could add a little something. "My birthday is October thirteenth. Normally it isn't so bad but whenever it falls on a Friday I try and just sleep through it." She smiled at Isobel but just Cameron a playful warning look. "So I think that is a firm request for you Sir. No themed birthdays."

She finished as much as she could on her plate before gently pushing it away to show she was done. Aria had never been a big eater and the morning sickness was really more of a twenty four hour sickness so it was best she not eat to much in one sitting. "If you change your mind about the ultrasound just give me a call." Aria said with what she hoped sounded like no pressure. The invitation was open but she wouldn't force the girl. "Do you have plans for the rest of the night? There are a few things I need to talk to Cam about and I rather not kick you out of your own house." There she said it. She was up for meeting Isobel but a lot had happened and she couldn't stay late.

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Cameron Nelson
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:26 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“You’d better hope this September doesn’t have a Friday thirteenth then. Not my fault if it does.” Cameron just grinned back and lifted his hands in defeat, didn’t know that it did in fact. Aria at least was only teasing him, Isobel was being snarky. Then again, if he’d worried about every little thing his still growing up daughter thought about him, he would have been a lost man many years ago.

Isobel nodded that she would call if she wanted to tag along. She doubted she would change her mind, but she didn’t say that. “It’s alright, this is his not mine so you’re not kicking me out.” She gave a little smile, not entirely as closed off as she had been at the start of the evening, but not fully genuine either. Promising maybe, but not genuine. “I’d rather keep myself amused so you guys can do the serious adult baby talk.” Cameron had pushed his chair back as Isobel rose from hers, and she gave him a look. “I know where the door is, Dad.” He stayed sitting, but reached out to touch her arm instead. “Thank you for coming, Is.” “Thanks for having me, I guess.” The girl shrugged, then to Aria, “It was nice meeting you, hope the appointment goes well if I don’t see you before then.” And then she was showing herself out.

Cam felt like he was frozen holding a breath as the girl left, and only as the door clicked shut behind her did he breathe again. “Shit.” He was grinning though as he turned to sit sideways in the chair and face Aria. “My daughter has manners.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:51 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Aria rose and before Isobel could really leave she stopped her. "This baby is part of your family Isobel. I'm not asking for more then you are willing to give but you have every right to make choices about how this turns out." If she had been younger Aria wouldn't have offered her that kind of choice but she was pretty much an adult and Aria would treat her like one. She wanted to be friends with her. "We should do this again." And she let the girl go because Aria didn't need to keep the girl here longer then she already did.

"Only because she doesn't know how to push my buttons yet cam. Don't worry she will be back to her bitter bratty self that you know and love really soon." She smiled and wrapped her arms around the mans shoulders, rising on tip toe to kiss him properly like she always did whenever she got the chance. She liked the feel of him against her and she hoped that good feeling never left because right now he was the only thing to cling too and cling she did.

"This is the part when normally we get naked but I really do need to talk to you.' She didn't kick Isobel out to have sex. She actually wasn't in the mood at all which was strange, but probably expected. "So I spoke to Sheridan and he is pissed. when he comes back to Seattle, if he ever comes back I suggest you find guards or something because he is beyond mad about this." She paused, running her finger under her eye so she didn't smudge her make up. "If I didn't choose to leave he would have kicked me out so, yeah there is that."

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Cameron Nelson
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:06 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Not for your sake, but I sure hope so. It almost scares me more when she’s not being the little madam I know.” He put his arms around Aria’s middle to hold her and kissed her back like he wished he could have done without fear of his daughter being present, all the relief in it that they had got through the whole meeting situation pretty unscathed. Aria stopping the girl on her way out had been brave, and while there had been no more obvious signs that she’d taken it in seriously, the girl had at least waited to listen to her.

When she mentioned Sheridan, it more or less answered his unspoken questions about the other runes, the lie she’d spoken over the dinner table, and as well it was the first time he’d actually felt worried or threatened by the mention of the vampire. Baby situation aside, the whole time he’d been sleeping with Aria he was toeing the line, teasing the very edge of pissing off the man and his limits. And then they’d had approval so to speak, Sheridan didn’t mind what Aria got up to so long as she didn’t fall in love with the other man. The resulting pregnancy was only an accident, but that hardly mattered.

Alpha wolf or not, the threat of a pissed off vampire was something to take seriously, and it sent a very real chill up his spine. But he didn’t let that show, and instead held her closer and tighter in his arms, secure and with all the care he had for her as his friend. “If or when he comes back, I’ll figure it out then. He gets that it was an accident though, right? That we’re not disappearing off to do the happily ever after?” He almost felt like he wanted to be mad at the vampire for being so mad, which was probably because Aria was upset over it. But even Cam couldn’t admit he wouldn’t have the same kind of reaction as a man in the vampire’s shoes.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Aria Zayne
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 5:06 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"He is old and traditional Cameron. You have children with the woman you love not the ones you are screwing around with." And she might have been a little less forth coming with Cameron about how 'cool' Sheridan was with the whole her sleeping with the wolf in the first place. It had been harder to convince him this was nothing more then sex and friendship then Cameron might think.

"He is not happy Cam. I think it might have been to many things at once you know. The Academy, cynth and the baby and then me pregnant and us raising the baby together. I think he could have been ok if you disowned me but when he found out there was no chance of that happening he just kinda lost it." Aria felt like she was going to cry again recounting the story but she didn't.

"Cynthia said she would call later when he calms down but I haven't heard from her yet. Sheridan might be the grudge type." Aria really didn't know him all that well but she still loved him. Loosing Sheridan hurt her more then she thought it would hurt. She cuddled into his chest. "I've moved into the academy so at least I have a place to stay and that is important right?" She was clutching for straws now

+++++++++++
ARIA
+++++++++++

FASHION
MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE

BLOOD MAGE
SOMETHING RARE

TWENTY FOUR

FORMER BLOOD DOLL
& PERSONAL DONOR

PRINCIPAL & DIRECTOR
AT THE ACADEMY

VOODOO FAITH

SINCE 2ND DECEMBER, 2012

EXPECTANT MOTHER
DUE SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2013

| PM |
Cameron Nelson
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:02 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“How old is he?” It wasn’t the most important question, but Cameron felt it begged asking. It might at least give him a clue as to just how dangerous the angry vampire might be, on a scale of Vengadise to Shiloh. He could only hope it was on the lesser end. “I’m sure Sheridan still loves you though, still cares for you.” He wasn’t sure if that was even helpful or not as she was down on herself, and while Cam didn’t know the man, at all, couldn’t speak for him really, he at least sounded like he knew what he was talking about as he said, “You can’t just forget about love, give it up as easy as that. He’s pissed at the moment, sure, but give him time and he’ll still be there for you if you need him. It’ll be me he’s mostly mad at anyway, right?” He gave a small smile that said he was okay with that. “I stole his woman and got her pregnant.”

Cam gave her a tight squeeze in his arms again before he started rubbing his hands into her lower back, just lightly up and down, comforting. “If he does hold a grudge, I don’t think it’ll be for long.” Another smile, he was at least trying his best to be optimistic. “He’ll probably be the one masterminding play dates between our kid and theirs.”

Shit he’d had it easy compared to Aria, that fact barely registered with him fully until now. The people he’d told didn’t result in breaking up with anyone, being turfed out of anywhere. “Yeah, you’ve got the Academy, and I’m one of the good guys, remember?” That phrase hadn’t been used in a little while. “So you’ve got me, too. And you know I’m not going anywhere.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |