Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Breakfast, Si/Luke
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 2:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 153

"No problem," Si said easily enough. "When they get back, Oliver can keep an eye on everyone and I'll take Pop with me." It was probably better that way. "We'll take her to lunch." And he'd have to wheel Pop home from all the eating out he'd been doing in a short time frame. Si wasn't too worried about it.

"Got a lead on a new side gig," he then told him. Luke was well aware of what Si's 'day job' was. They got a cut of all the donation money when he or Oliver guarded, but Simon liked his work, and hadn't been able to indulge while he'd been learning how not to eat people. "Looks like it could pay real well." A large chunk of his money went to the family, and now that family included the swans. So it was good to give Luke the head's up.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 5:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 123

Luke laughed and polished off the last muffin sandwich, he was pretty sure that he'd been eating nonstop since the fae came through town. "Coffee's probably fine. Your father would look funny fat."

It helped, calling him 'your father' and things like that sometimes. Reminded Luke what he was and was not entitled to. He was just self-aware enough to understand that he clung to Pop as a substitute for all the parenting that his life lacked, but he needed to remember that he wasn't really one of Daniel's sons, he didn't have that right.

When Si mentioned a new gig, Luke perked up. "Yeah? Good prospect? And d'you need anything from us?" Which was more likely to be their absence than anything else, but it couldn't hurt to ask. One thing that they had in plenty was attractive bait.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 7:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Dunno yet, but I doubt it," Si said with a helpless shrug. "S'just emails for now, but it's getting into a bigger league, so I'm okay with taking it slow. What're we gonna do without Flynn?"

The bear's leaving left a gap in the guard schedule which, yes, they'd been dealing with with Si gone, but he was back now and of the opinion that they should replace the piece of shit. The problem was finding someone who could hack it and wouldn't take advantage of the birds.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 7:35 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Luke shook his head. "I don't know. I lucked into Flynn, he followed Fiona home like a massive puppy. Finding somebody who is that level of implied threat but no actual threat?" He shook his head harder.

"I had a couple of ideas, both probably bad. One being to go to Diana for help. The other to talk to Rin and see if we can actually form an alliance." It was a huge step into deep waters, he hated it a lot. But it might be time.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 7:39 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"We're allying with the leopards," Si said slowly, thinking out loud, this time the 'we' being the jags, "Now that Collin's taken them over. They both keep saying how they don't want to turn Seattle into their version of Chicago, but," a shrug, "It's happening anyway. Guess back there the leopards have something with the swans. M'betting she'd take you on." A pause and a grin. "Would make my life easier."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 8:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A pained look. "I have no idea what this means. Politically, I mean. But I think I'd better at least give it a shot. Frankly, just the word that both Di and the cats are keeping an eye might be enough to keep the enthusiastic vamps calm."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 8:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Simon nodded. "If it makes you feel better, no one in this city is independent. Not the rats, not any other group, not even the vampires. I've been doing a lot of listening since I moved into Rin's - you would not believe what they talk about in front of me - and no one stands on their own two feet. That you managed it as long as you did's kind of a miracle."

He doubted that would make Luke feel any better, but he had to try.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 8:42 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

It kind of did, but he also admitted, "We only managed because nobody cared. Now between Diana and the Court stuff that we've been around for they're remembering we exist. It was inevitable." He sounded gloomy about it still, though. Luke had liked feeling like he was master of his own destiny. If only for a little while.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 10:06 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry," Si offered, though he didn't quite understand how Luke felt, couldn't really. Since Hunt had taken the cloak, they'd never been free agents. And now that he was a shifter and Oliver was looking to get infected (the wolf hadn't taken, but it had proven to Oliver that that was what he really wanted), they never would be.

"Sometimes picking the lesser evil is the best you can do." A platitude, for certain, but still true.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 10:47 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Sadly true." He still didn't look happy, though, and lit a smoke to take the taste of politics out of his mouth. "How's Tommy doing, being back in the land of divided loyalties? How are you doing with him being around Collin even more?" They hadn't exactly talked directly about Tommy's crush on the new Raj, but Luke wasn't stupid, and if there was anything he knew it was sexual politics.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 4:57 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Wanna thank him for finally stepping up and doing right by Tommy," Simon said with a nod, then hit his smoke almost angrily. "Then I'd like to punch him just for existing."

He was quiet for a minute, scowling as he thought. "Am I the one being naive now?" he asked, Luke being the best person for this question and, as the best friend he had, he'd have asked anyway. "I mean, I hear stories about orgies at Court and stuff about what happens in other groups. I know what goes on here, and I'm cool with that. But when it comes to Tommy..." he just broke off, he didn't know how else to get at what he was asking.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 5:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Cautiously, not because he was afraid of upsetting Simon (though that was some part of it) but because he wanted to be fair. "Not naive. But not all the way thinking like a shifter yet."

He looked off into the middle distance, trying to figure out how to explain it. "In this culture, most of us are situationally bisexual, and situationally polyamorous. Do I think Tommy's stepped out on you with Collin? No. Do I think a situation's going to arise where one or both of you need to step away from monogamy for a while? Yes. Do I think one of those situations is going to involve Collin? Almost certainly. He's Raj, Tommy likes him, he likes Tommy, there's a trust there between them that I think will lead them there when that crisis point comes."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 7:02 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He sighed, scowling into the small stream of smoke emanating off the end of his cigarette. "Guess I need to start getting used to the idea," he said, then shook his head.

"I'm not being fair about it either," he admitted. "I had the thought earlier that it was too bad that I'm a predator, I could help take the load," he snickered there, couldn't help it, at the pun, "Off with some of the birds. Didn't think twice about it."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 7:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A crooked smile. "It's not fair, no. But I'm the same way. I'm forcing Cee to deal with the idea that I'm screwing three swans right now, pluss me and D have always gone there once in a while, but if she was doing it I'd be all upset."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 7:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Well, at least we're both assholes," Si said with a laugh. "Think it's because I trust myself to not tie emotion into the fucking. At least not in any way that would damage us. I don't know if he can do that."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |