Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Breakfast, Si/Luke
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:22 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 123

A sour look. "A little. She came here because he's on her to breed and she doesn't see why she should have to, so she declared that she was moving out here." He shook his head and lit another cigarette between McMuffins #3 and #4. "Shit's piling up here. I don't know how much longer he can pretend to ignore us." It was a constant worry for him these days.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 153

"He can't," Si said, "That's two, no, three birds refusing to breed, it's making him look bad. He can't afford to let it lie much longer." It was worrying him as well, regardless of how protected Hunt was. His brother was a priority but, Si had found in his time away from them, he'd come to think of the other birds as his as well.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:57 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"When he hears about Hunt's chain," was Luke's prediction. "He finds out about that, he'll be here within the week, he has to be. And as fucked up as it is to say this, in a way it's Sylvie dying that's saved us this long, because she's the one who'd have told Reese about that."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 9:08 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

But Si was shaking his head. "That chain was a connection between Reese and Hunt, just like it's a connection for him to all of them," he said, "If you think he doesn't already know, you're kidding yourself. "

He finished the sandwich. "The scary part is that he didn't come within a week. It means he's planning something and that is never, ever good. He's easier to deal with when he shows up without an agenda."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 9:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Luke scowled, having to acknowledge that. He'd never had much truck with the chains, it hadn't been how Reese tended to abuse the birds here. Though he knew Hunt and his family had, so he figured Si had the right of it. "I wonder if we're actually better goading him harder, forcing him to action now, then? Rush his schedule, shorten the amount of time we spend braced up waiting for him to descend?" This was outside his realm.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 7:13 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si thought about that, nodded slowly. "That could be a good idea," he said just as slowly, "But it could also backfire on us. The man can be ruthless in real creative ways." He was speaking from experience here.

He lit a smoke, thinking. "We'd need to tell Di. She's the one who made the statement, I think she's hoping for a show down."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 12:45 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yeah, okay." He didn't sound thrilled. "I'm not loving that somehow we've lost our autonomy and become Di's group. Not that I don't appreciate everything she's done for us, but I'd rather have kept being independent."

An angry shrug. "But if she's pushing for a confrontation, I'd rather it be active than passive, so I'll talk to her. We'll see where it goes. You want in on that meeting?"

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si was also of the opinion that Luke had been kidding himself about staying independent forever, but he kept his mouth shut on that one. Instead, he tried to be encouraging about it.

"I don't think Di wants to be anyone's master, Luke. But she is offering her protection, and we," he still included himself, and maybe he shouldn't do that, "Need that. She doesn't want to own you."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I'm not arguing that it's done us more good than bad, or that Diana's heart's in the right place, so to speak. Just that I can't shake this feeling that we just took the first step onto a slippery slope."

Reminding himself, "However, between being under Diana or under Reese, I'll take the funny-looking sexvamp any day of the week. So if she thinks she can take him, I'll help any way that doesn't hurt my birds." They were still his, whatever Diana or anyone else in the city might think. He'd fought and bled for them, he took care of them every single damn day. Nobody else had the right, not even Manny or Pop. He was the one who'd given up his entire life for them.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:45 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si knew the look, and the feeling. It was why it had been so hard for him to watch Di take on Hunt. But he'd lost him now, at least in that way, and while it had sucked and he'd had to learn how to redefine himself as something other than 'Hunt's Keeper' (something he was still working on, actually), and was slightly less fierce about him.

He said none of it, though, only saying, "When the time comes, you can count on Pop and Oliver and me, too."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:55 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

His smile came slow, reluctant. "Thanks, man. Though I gotta admit, I was kinda counting on it."

Luke finished his smoke and went back to wolfing down breakfast sandwiches and coffee. "So how's the transition to kitty working for you? You feeling better about it?" Luke still harbored a little vague guilt for his part in Si's infection.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 6:33 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si gave Luke an amused nod, because he'd figured that, but moved right along the conversational path with him.

"I am, yeah," Si said. "Now that I'm in it, and done with the learning curve for the most part, I actually really like it. I was bummed, about losing out on the bear thing, but now that I'm this," he shook his head, trying to explain it, "It's like I was always meant to be the cat, you know? I can't even imagine being anything else. And, it turns out, I'm pretty good at it. You digging the bird thing?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 6:39 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A little grin, "I've got to admit, now that I'm seeing it you rock the slinky-cat thing better than I can picture you doing the Flynn lumbering-bear thing."

Which reminded him, and he scowled instead of answering about the owl. "Fucking Flynn is gone, by the way. Packed up and took off two days ago. Fi's living with that hunter at Court and claiming to be fine, I haven't had a chance to sit down and talk with the two of them for longer than a few minutes but she's not giving out distress-signals."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 12:42 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si scowled, hard. "The hunter who raised the psychopath?" he asked, not liking the sound of that. "You want me to go by, check on her when you go back to bed?" He didn't have anything on his plate yet, and he was recognized around Moons from his guarding gigs, it wouldn't be too much to swing by.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 12:55 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Would you? Try and get her away from him, she's clinging and it makes it hard for me to read her. Maybe take Pop with you?" Fi had imprinted on the older man even more strongly than most of the rest of them, which was saying something.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |