Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Breakfast, Si/Luke
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:54 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 153

It was always a good thing, having inside information, and today was no different. Si knew for a fact that Pop and Oliver were taking the swans that didn't already have plans out for a big, noisy breakfast and then for a flight, and that Luke was home alone.

So he grabbed his smokes, stopped for McDonald's breakfast because sometimes it just sounded good, coffee and, just in case, a six pack of beer, and headed for the swan house.

"Anyone home?" he called as he came inside, smiling happily when there was no answer.

He set all his stuff down and went straight to Luke's room, unsurprised to find him face down and snoring amid the mess of his hair. Lifting one combat-boot clad foot, he kicked the owl squarely in the ass and said, "I brought protein. Get up."

It was downright friendly, as far as Si was concerned.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 123

Luke, who'd had all of two and a quarter hours of sleep at this point, had rolled up to his feet with a sawed off shotgun in his hands before he even woke up enough to figure out what had hit him. When he figured it out, he almost shot Si anyway.

"I fucking hate you," he informed the man who was probably his best guy friend in the world. "I'll be down in five." He put down the gun but didn't bother finding underpants or anything right away, just heading down the hall to the bathroom.

When he made it down to the backyard, where they spent pretty much all their time unless it was pouring rain, he still hadn't found a shirt but at least put on jeans. He lit a cigarette as he was still coming out the door. "Aren't we cocky now that we turn into a giant hunting cat?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si gave him a look through the smoke from his own cigarette, which was dangling from his mouth. "I was cocky before," he pointed out, "And you're a shitty morning person. Who kept you up this time?" No point in pretending it wasn't one of the birds, or maybe his sort of girlfriend. But probably a bird.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:23 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Before, you at least respected the whole 'there's a holster nailed to my headboard' thing when it came to waking me up." He wandered over to the table and found the giant cup of bitter, over-caffeinated Mickey D's coffee, which went a certain distance to resigning him.

Between drags and sips, "I was at Court till four, didn't get to bed till dawn, and Adam's having a bad week." The attack by the wolves had been the swan's first gang rape. The fact that it likely wouldn't be his last made Luke incredibly tired. "He needed reassurance that he isn't ruined." Which was not-very-difficult code for 'and so I had to have sex with him,' yet another sad fact of life-with-birdies. Luke had been using sexual contact to help heal the swans for years, there were times when it was the only thing that worked. And this right here was why he couldn't have normal friends, because complaining to somebody that he was forced to have sex with incredibly beautiful young women and men and how unbelievably weary that made him would just get him punched.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:53 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You need to train an assistant," Simon said, not really kidding. "I'd volunteer, but they'll never trust me now. And Pop needs to stay the Parental type." It took exactly zero seconds for him to conclude, "Use Oliver."

He went and picked up his own coffee, which was a caramel mocha with whipped cream and, before he was infected, would have made his teeth hurt just looking at it. But now...the closer it got to the moon the more he wanted sugar. He had no idea why. Oliver theorized it had something to do with the energy he expended keeping control and sugar was a quick energy source, but Si wasn't so sure he bought it.

He sat with his smoke and his coffee, watching Luke steadily. "You can't keep this up forever, you'll run out of sperm."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 12:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Luke ran his hand back through his hair a few times, smoothing out at least some of the tangles. "Oliver's a romantic. He does a good job covering it up, but he is. If he has to take broken crying girls and make them feel better with his cock, he'll eventually break with it. I'm all right, I just," a mock-glare, at least it was mock, "didn't get much sleep."

He settled back in the chair, retrieved his coffee. "How about you? How's your week?"

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 12:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

It was a nice topic change, but Simon wasn't done. "You cannot keep this pace up forever," he said, as though talking to a mentally impaired child. "It's valiant as all hell and all, and it's nice you let Pop help out, but I've learned something since I had to move out, and Hunt moved out. Having a life of your own is pretty nice. You should try it. If not Oliver - who I think can handle it more than you think, someone else."

He left it there, though. At least for the time being.

"I'm bored to death," he told him. "I'm coming back to work," meaning as a guard for Court trips. "Rin thinks I'm ready."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He didn't even sound bitter as he said, "I wouldn't know what to do with a life if I had one. But I'll think about it." Probably not do anything about it, but he would think it over.

He perked up when Si said he could start working again, "Yeah? You feel ready for it? Even with the wibbly ones?" There were some swans who were more victimy than others, it was just how it was.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A nod. "Even then. She says as long as I'm well fed it shouldn't be an issue, which," he sighed, "Could just be her trying to get me to eat more. But I don't have much choice but to believe her. So put me back in the rotation, I need busy work."

Otherwise he got to thinking about Beau.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:02 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Awesome. In which case, I command you to take night after tomorrow so that I can take a night off. And then to keep your mouth shut about me taking the night off so that D doesn't try to keep me company." He did feel vaguely guilty about that, as he did the fact that he was going to slip away from Cee too. But he needed a night of not taking care of anybody, Simon had been exactly right about that.

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:06 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A nod. "Done."

Then, because they couldn't get to really relaxing until they were past all the business, he said, "Gimme a run down? Who's doing what, what're their headspaces like?" Pop had filled him in some, but he wanted Luke's take, too.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He finally started rummaging through the bags of food and came up with three of the sausage mcmuffins. He loved them, not just because they were cheap and he'd developed a taste for the dollar menu items from years of poverty but also because he loathed fast food eggs.

"Anne's hit the hardest with Sylvie's death, they were tight. But Manny and her have circled the wagons, seems to be good for them both but makes him less available to help with other stuff. Tay's Tay, everything destroys her but she comes right back. Pop's mostly working with her, she's recovering. Gillian ignores us all as best she can, Cianna does similar but with additional bonus 'I'm real Irish, not like you pathetic birds' that's actually not a bit ill-meant, but sets people's backs up anyway. Adam's a complete mess and clinging mostly to me and Tay. Dallas is in no-no-everything's-fine mode, which I haven't had the energy to break through. And Sarah, bless her for it, is just being normal."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 7:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Si grabbed a steak and egg muffin for himself and listened to all of it, nodding as he unwrapped the thing. "So business as usual, then," he concluded, though he asked, "The new ones? They're less fragile, or they just play it that way?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 7:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"They're less broken, which in some ways probably makes them more fragile because they've got no idea how to handle it when shit goes bad." He was wolfing down the sausage sandwiches, four bites per. "Gillian's been protected by her uncle, the wolf. Cianna's from where I guess the King isn't a soul-sucking maniac."

user posted image
Simon St. James
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Lucky her," Si said dryly. "Has she met the King here?" he then asked, wondering how it worked. "He wouldn't have sent her to live here on purpose, not when we're so very high on his shit list. Oh, shit, did she piss him off, too?" They were becoming the Island of Misfit Birds, the ones Reese had a problem with or whatever, and that could be bad.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |