Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Just a casual meeting, mackenzie | isobel
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:09 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 299

It took some time for Mackenzie to be able to arrange a real trip to Seattle. but she had cleared her calender for three months and figured that if this girl was any good like celeste thought she was, then she could learn everything she needed to know in just a few months. and mackenzie would be in call if she needed a quick prep talk, but she doubted that would have to happen.

She ordered a coffee and a giant cooking, and even though the girls behind the counter barely looked old enough to have graduated she did indeed make good food and really that was all that mattered. Celeste had told her a few things about Isobel so mackenzie spotted her when she came thought the front door. The rat waved her over, rising from her seat.

'hey, you are isobel right? I'm Celeste's friend Kenzie." she offered the girl her hand.

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 12:16 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Cindy

Member No.: 294

Isobel had been eagerly waiting to meet the vampire’s stylist friend since the interview so she could start to learn. This meeting at the new wolf-run café she knew was more of a casual catch-up, a meet and greet, but she was still looking forward to it of course, because hello, she was meeting someone in the industry, doing exactly the job she was trying to get into.

Still on a high from her daring night at Pulse, with the bruises on her hips barely faded from it even if it had been a couple of weeks since, she was gradually feeling better about the prospects of the town. That is, provided she ignored what her father was running around the city doing, although she could admit, if quietly, that Aria wasn’t as bad as the picture in her mind had created her to be.

Smiling broadly as she spotted the woman waving her over once she entered, she ordered herself a hot chocolate – she didn’t drink coffee, put her money on the counter and made her way over to the woman. “Hey, yeah Isobel or Is, nice to meet you Kenzie.” Isobel shook her hand and slid into the seat opposite her as Kenzie took her seat again. “Thanks for coming out to help me, I’m sure you’re probably super busy.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 3:25 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Is then." she smiled and after the hand shake took her seat again and then ran her eyes over Isobel to take in her outfit with a critical eye. "first thing I need to tell you is get a personal style. I know that your working for Celeste and she has a vision for the magazine and you need to fit that, and by all means please work with Celeste and not against her because she is a good woman to have on side but you aren't going to stay with her forever right?" She paused for a sip of drink before going on.

"be it old glam Hollywood, punk metal rock whatever..." she gestured to her outfit. "This is very 60's mod." she didn't know if it was deliberate or not so she didn't linger on her decision. "You need to find your fashion voice. That is the best advice I can give you, direct from me to you. I know your young so I can't expect you to have all the answers and Celeste got me here to help you so you have stuff to learn but over the next few weeks while I'm here find your signature. It will help you out in the future."

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 3:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Isobel took in everything as Kenzie spoke like she was giving the most important advice in the world, which, quite frankly, she was. Her hands wrapped around the warm bowl of hot chocolate, she sipped at it while she thought of her style as the woman suggested. Her closest was an eclectic mix of clothes, styles thrown together depending on her mood, the day, the situation. “Not forever, no.” She smiled, even if the question wasn’t necessarily looking for an answer. “And I definitely want her on my side, I want to prove myself to her.”

“I like different styles,” she admitted, playing with the end of one of her sleeves in her fingers as she spoke. “But thank you, I’ll do that, I’ll find out what works and what I like the best.” Taking a long sip of her drink, she went on to ask about Kenzie. “How did you get into being a stylist? How long have you been doing it for?”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 6:57 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"It feels like i have been doing it forever." She smiled but didn't share the memory. 'But officially since I was sixteen. I got an apprenticeship and left school. Which I am not recommending by the way." she flashed a smile. "But it worked for me. I started out as an assistant to an assistant which meant I didn't even get to see the clothes most of the time but really got coffee and water. Not so glamorous. But I worked hard and last summer I was working side by side with Rachel Zoe." She dropped the name and looked for recognition. She needed to respect the ones who came before her.

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 8:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A grin back, sixteen and out of school with an apprenticeship didn’t sound like a bad gig at all, even if it was just fetching drinks for others. Everyone had to start somewhere. At the mention of the famous stylist’s name, Isobel’s eyebrows shot up over her drink, and when she’d put it down and licked her lips clean, she said, clearly impressed, because who wouldn’t be? “Wow, Rachel Zoe. That must have been amazing.”

Taking the opportunity, not to brag because, hey, she knew names, but more because Kenzie was interested in the same, knew what she was talking about, she went on to list other stylists’ work she liked. Any spare time she would trawl fashion blogs. “I love Nicole Chavez’s styling, too. And Petra Flannery. And Jessica Paster. Oh and did you see Rihanna’s dress at the Grammys?” Of course she would have, and when Is realised she was rattling things off without much of a breath, she paused to give a little smile and dunk the marshmallow from her saucer into her drink. She could never go past the awards shows, and in fact her Sunday coming she was firmly booked out with no distractions to watch the Oscars red carpet on E!. “What’s been your favourite so far? Job or client, or,” she grinned. "Anything."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 9:55 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

a light chuckle and Mackenzie didn't even try and interrupt as she rattled off names with ease. A lot of people knew celebrities but not many knew the people who dressed them. "Celeste said you had natural talent but I am glad you have done your research." She complimented the girl casually as she got an idea, but answered her question first.

"I was hired at the last minute for a photo shoot for a muscian. That was all I was told about it. They were a gothic type band with a punk edge and their regular stylist for this magazine had called in sick and I was a name that was thrown out at them. Do I look like a gothic person?" she asked with a sharp shake of her head. "Hell no. But that day I was. It turned out to be for Evanescance for the twenty eleven tour. But it was challenging which I liked." kenzie finished her coffee.

"Celeste mentioned your dad is part of the pack. I was wondering how good id your relationship with him? New York fashion week is in a few weeks and I was thinkign we could go and I'll show you how to make the circuit. You are to young to really get a designers loyalty but you are better to get your fangirling out now while you are still cute. Would he let you go?"

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 11:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

That was her aim, to show, whether to Celeste and Kenzie, or just in general, that she was actually into this, not just a girl who liked pretty clothes and pretty celebrities. She didn’t doubt the vampire and her stylist friend had faith in her, they wouldn’t have put this much effort in to help her if they didn’t, she just hoped that passion would translate into real work. Isobel finished her drink as the woman told her story, pushing it off to the side when she put the mug down. “That would have been so cool,” she enthused. Challenging, but cool.

She wasn’t quite sure what her dad had to do with the topic, but her mood and her smile didn’t falter for a second because it was obviously related to something they were talking about. And when Kenzie mentioned fashion week, she actually gasped. “Hell yeah he would,” if it was at all possible, her smile got wider just at the very thought of it. “We’re from New York so he won’t mind me going, I know he won’t.” Of course she would still tell him. Not ask, tell. Just out of common courtesy instead of dashing off with a friend. “I’ve always seen all the hype going on, but I’ve never been to a show.” She’d asked her parents, probably they would have got her a ticket to one for her birthday, a twenty-first present or something of the like if she was still in the city.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 12:52 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Oh even if you had been you never would have seen it like this. Back stages passes make all the difference." she assured her, glad her father was willing to let her go because really a job like this you needed flexibility and people to support you while you did it. "So what have you been doing since Celeste met with you?" she asked

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 1:33 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Wow. Wow. She was going to get to NY fashion week, and back stage, too. She wanted to tell everyone she could. Like, now, please. Since meeting with Celeste, Isobel had mostly been waiting to meet Kenzie herself. But she thought that might be a little too pushy or too needy, so instead, “Trying to cram as much into my brain as I can about it all. I’m not really sure what I should be looking at until I start or until I met you,” she admitted with a smile. “But I’m online on style dot com, reading blogs, picking up all the magazines I can to read and look through.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 1:44 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Mackenzie nodded. "it is really important that you stay on top of the trends, and push them further. Celeste told me about your book. I think it is a really good idea." she encouraged it. "Just to keep the juices flowing you know, make sure you are on top of your game and not just copying things that already exist." There was no point trying to make isobel good, she wanted to make her great. It wasn't just Celeste's name on the line but her own reputation.

"Well just so you know I am really impressed with you. I was a little bit worried that Celeste was over selling you to try and convince me to come down here for the next few months but you are better then I expected." She wanted to encourage her in this since things could get tough really quick. "Well your homework for me Is is to make three of those scrap book pages like in your book. Pick three fashion moments that mean something to you and update them."

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 1:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

That book was her pride and joy, her baby. It had started out as little more than a scrapbook for her hobby, somewhere to quite literally throw things together, pictures or fashions she liked, ideas to scribble down. While it still couldn’t be called any more than what it was, Isobel was glad it had its uses or benefits now, guarding it with her life over prying eyes had been worth it after all.

“Thank you.” Not even her dad being an ass would be able to wipe the smile off her face for days, weeks, probably until New York came along. It was such a big compliment coming from the woman. “I won’t let you down. This is so amazing and I know it’s probably taken a lot out of your schedule for you to come out and help a nobody like me.” Another smile, and she nodded as Kenzie gave her a task to do as homework. Sounded a lot more fun than any other homework she’d had to do. She thought maybe she’d have until they went to fashion week, but these things were never safe to assume, so she went ahead and asked, “Got it, when do you want them finished by?”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 5:19 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Mackenzie thought about it quickly, drumming her nails against the side of her mug. "Four days?" she asked but nodded before Isobel could agree or not. "I imagine that those pages are not just slapped together but a day to each page and a forth day to just make sure they are as perfect as you can make them." She knew brilliance took time but Isobel needed to make sure that she could work to a dead line.

"In the mean time I will try and work out a space so you can see a real shoot in action. I promise no coffee runs but I do expect you to take notes. Every day is a learning experience." She made a face, sounding like the woman she had first worked with and kinda hating it. "If you need more time let me know but this a fast paced world Is. if you can't hack it, then you might want to look for an office job."

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Isobel Nelson
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 3:00 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Okay so she had well underestimated the time she’d have for her assignment, but that was fine, she could do up the pages in four days. For one, she didn’t have anything else important going on, this was her one and only job, so she would have all the time in the world to dedicate to them. And, the obvious fact that any task given to her from Kenzie, Celeste, anything associated with her job was the first priority in her life.

“That would be amazing.” Isobel nodded as the woman spoke, even if she had to do the coffee runs as well as taking notes she wouldn’t give a damn. She never forgot for once that she was on a trial to prove her worth, but this meeting with Kenzie only had her more determined, hearing the stories and the ideas bringing the dream more into reality. “No, four days is perfect, I’ll have them done.” And she grinned. “I don’t know if I could do an office job, I think I’d suffocate.”

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Mackenzie Noelle
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 3:23 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"I am much more interested in seeing your calm during a rush then your casual, well thought out plans. In this world things change at the drop of a hat and you better be ready. Like going to a shoot and finding out you have a male model that wasn't in the brief. Lucky I had some womens pants that worked fine on him but still..." she shook her head gently at the memory. "The work you can pull out of no where that is brilliant is what gets you rehired." mackenzie looked infront of her and realised her coffee was empty and her food gone.

"I am only here for a few months so we need to work quickly. When I leave I want you to feel good about your work like you are now Is." She pet her hand lightly. "Do you have any more questions?' she asked before reaching in her bag and finding her business card. "Thats my number if you need me. I am staying at Hotel Dusk, but I doubt you will need to see me face to face for anything. Celeste gave me your details so I will send you a text when I know what the rest of the week is looking like."

+++++++++++
KENZIE
+++++++++++

FASHION
CASUAL & CLEAN

SHIFTER
NON-TRADITIONAL RAT

STYLIST
JUST IN FOR THE SEASON

TWENTY SEVEN

SINGLE

| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |