Unironic Pleasures, [Open]
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 10:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 264

It turned out, and this surprised absolutely no one other than Lexi, that tooling golf carts and CUCVs around a military base and occasionally driving heavily disguised support vehicles on illegal black ops raids on domestic soil does not in fact adequately prepare one for the Washington State Department of Licensing Drivers' Knowledge Test. Lexi had gone off to take the written with full confidence and a profound, if misguided, belief that driver's license equalled unending freedom. She'd gotten 3 of 25 questions right. They hadn't even let her look like taking the behind the weel test, which Van, the bastard, had said was probably for the best.

And so for the time being, at least until she could badger Van into taking her back to the DLO, Lexi was stuck on foot or begging rides from the other rats. Today she'd caught a ride to Northgate with Phil, who'd promised to pick her up in four hours and haul her and her purchases back to the Compound. He'd smirked as he said it, but he'd promised and that's what mattered.

Lexi hadn't had the luxury of choice often enough in her life to have developed the superior disdain for malls and chain stores. Going shopping at all was a treat, she'd mostly worn Walmart jeans or special-request small-size BDUs. To walk into an American Apparel and see the racks on racks of choices, so many colors and possibilities, was still a heady thing for her.

And so by the time she'd finished buying the white shirts and black jeans she'd need for working at 439, plus having shamelessly spent the extra money that had been pressed on her by Van, Ash, Drey, and a couple of other people, Lexi found herself sitting at a table in the food court, with two slices of Sbarro pizza and a huge coke, surrounded by bags in a way that thrilled her right down to her little toes.

When somebody went to bush past toward their own chosen table and her clutter of bags hung up on their own haul, sending bags tipping over and sweaters in dire peril of coming into contact with the deeply patina-ed tile floor, Lexi hopped out of her chair and squatted to start rescuing both sets of bags. "Sorry! I seem to be spreading farther and farther every minute. Nothing hurt, is there?" She smiled up at the other person, just a well-mannered teenager in the mall, except for the bulge of a pistol grip where it slightly distorted the line of the t-shirt she wore under her hoodie.

user posted image
| PM || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 11:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 300

Amber was out doing her own shopping that day with a pocket full of cash that had come from Indiana. apparently her wardrobe was not good enough to be seen in public with the snake. amber thought she worked her clothing well but Indiana had other ideas. She had come to her house, went through everything and then dragged Amber back to the nest and dressed her. Completely styled her. Amber didn't even leave the place in her original bra. Apparently everything about her was wrong. But apparently easily fixed as Indiana shoved money in her wallet, more hundred dollar notes then Amber had seen in her life and told to go shopping. Katherine drove her there and told her to call when she was done. That was five hours ago and Amber was still pretty much empty handed because she was so scared of getting this wrong.

She did have a couple of things though and busy texting Indiana when she suddenly stumbled and helped spill some ones bags. Without sending her text she shove her phone in her bag and went to help when she recognised the girls face. "Your that new mysterious rat girl right?" Amber kept up to date with all her gossip. She subscribed to every magazine she could and compiled all the best gossip into a folder that was separated by species. The rats didn't get in there much except for Garret's age reversal and Drey with that kid. Alexis didn't have much competition so of course Amber knew her.

"Oh thats cute..." she reached for a pair of pants that had slipped from its bag and after quickly examining them, replaced them in the bag and stood the bag up against the others. She shoved her hand at the girl. "Hi, I'm Amber, Indiana's new assistant." She dropped the name and hoped that it might put the girl at ease to know she was kinda part of the same supernatural community.

HUMAN BEINGS MUST HAVE ACTION; AND THEY WILL MAKE IT IF THEY CANNOT FIND IT

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN
NOT EVEN A LITTLE SPECIAL

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Lexi blinked, not used to being recognized and inclined to be wary. The more so when the girl rattled off a name she didn't recognize as though it were a passcode. She didn't know the local politics enough that just the name 'Indiana' rang any bells. The rats didn't have a tight alliance with the snakes, and though she'd heard the name 'Lucien', the connection had never been explained to her.

But she tried to be friendly, even if some part of her was on alert. "Thanks. I needed to get some clothes that were a little less...ratty, you know? Fatigues are great and all, but sometimes you want something with a ruffle on it, or in a color other than khaki, olive, or black."

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Khaki was never my colour." She said with a smile and took a seat because every connection she could make would be a good one, and might get her a little closer to being the person she wanted to be. "And it limits where you can go. Dress codes and all." She sighed indicating to her own bags with a shrug. "Trying to learn my own dress code here. Apparently I have been dressing wrong my entire life. Who thunk it right?" She joked.

"I thoughts rats frowned on being fashion conscious." Amberli said trying to get the girl into conversation so she could stop worrying about if the underwear she had bought was the proper type to go under the dress that sat in another bag.

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 3:52 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A curious tilt of the head. "Dressing all wrong for what? I mean, your shoes are on the right feet, none of the naughty bits are hanging out, what more is expected?"

"And rats mostly do," she grinned, "but I'm not a rat, just Kin. I get a little leeway to have actual, you know, style." She glanced down at herself, "Or at least wear something other than khaki sometimes. You know. Colors. Maybe even a skirt." She'd bought two, which was officially more skirts than she'd ever owned at once since puberty.

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Oh you know, the little things like just because the dress looks exactly the same as one made by Marc Jacobs it really isn't the same and if I ever dream of wearing some thing so common in her presence again I better look for a new job." Amberli rattled off as if it was the most natural thing in the world and not a stab at her new boss who was a little high strung but she couldn't blame her. Loosing Lucien and her child, her nest falling apart and denied her support group by the master of the city and her boyfriend and anyone would be a little on edge. but Amberli just shrugged and pulled her bag a little closer to her side with the memory of how much money was currently sitting in it.

"There comes a time when just making sure your shoes are on the wrong feet and you don't titty flash the room is somehow not enough." She pet her bags fondly though. She thought she had one outfit that Indiana would approve of. Took her five hours but she managed it. But she turned the conversation back to lexi because she was way more interesting then bitching about Indiana and her impossible standards. "better watch out wearing some of those skirts. Boys might realise your really a girl or something." She joked. "maybe an army print shirt just so you don't stick out to much."

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 1:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Lexi shook her head, all wide-eyed and blank. "Wow. I was all impressed because I managed to figure out what size tights to buy." She laughed and shook her head. "Damn. Okay, well have fun with that? I'll be over here with my two skirts and MAC makeup that I 'chose' by going in, picking the girl who looked least like a transvestite, and letting her pick out what I needed."

"And fear not, I've got plenty of khaki and olive drab left. I can mix and match." She grinned at Amber, "I looked up on the internet ways to cut and mod t-shirts, I'm thinking to take an X-acto to some of them. Just to prove a point."

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Ah make up, that is one thing I seemed to be able to do on my own." She told Lexi. "I use Maybelline but in my experience no one brand has everything that works for you. if you ever need some tips you should look me up." She offered, trying to sound genuine in her offer and not hungry for friendships. Amberli didn't have many friends who understood her obsession with Seattle supernatural community.

"Either way you need to let me know how that shirt turns out when you are finished with it." Amberli wasn't creative enough to try and alter anything she bought and instead wore it as it came off the hanger. she knew people who changed things but she just wasn't one of them.

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 12:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I may take you up on that," Lexi warned. "I know nothing about hair and makeup. Totally hopeless with it." The urge was there to make the excuses about why, but she shoved it down. This girl seemed to be involved with the community, but the Unit was still something else, and she hadn't been out nearly long enough to have a decent feel for when it was and wasn't okay to talk about it. So she went ahead and just let it lie at ignorance. Blame the rat thing, at least by implication.

Searching for some kind of quid pro quo, all she could come up with was to grin and offer, "And if you ever need to learn how to use a gun to defend yourself from your boss's demands, let me know?"

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 1:30 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Amberli laughed and shook her head. "I think the gun might be a bit much but thanks." she turned to her purse and pulled out a business card from it and offered it to Lexi. "Indiana had these made up for me. You are the first person I gave one too. Just call me whenever."

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 3:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oooh, posh." She turned the card over back and forth a few times, suitably impressed. "I don't even have a library card yet."

She pulled out her wallet and tucked the card into an empty slot. "I do have a phone, at least." And she pulled it out and sent her contact card direct to Amber's phone because smart phones are awesome. "But we should definitely hang. The kin kids are awesome and all, but now and then it's fun to talk about something other than guns and lycanthrope sex lives." The other Clan kids spent what Lexi felt was an excessive amount of time and energy trying to figure out ways to game the 'no sex for the first few months of infection' rule.

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 4:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

her tone sounded and she pulled her cell out from her bag to save the contact before somehow it was lost or deleted. she didn't squeal with delight at having her first non human buddy but she did smile at Lexi, double checked it was saved before putting her device back in her bag where it belonged. Indiana thought having a phone out for any other reason was rude so Amberli was trying to cut back on her obsessive texting attitude.
,br> and while it was true that Lexi was pretty much human she was kin enough to live on the compound and be seen with the higher ranked men like Garrett and Donovan. "Well I will let you get back to your day. I still have to much money and not enough purchases to satisfy Indiana's need to re-educate me. But we should totally hang sometime soon." She made loose plans not wanting to look to eager.

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 1:15 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Lexi nodded. "Definitely. I'll text you tomorrow, see if we can set something up for Friday or Sunday? Do you want to see Beautiful Creatures? Because I'm dying to, and none of the rats will even admit to knowing what it is." Sometimes the machismo ran a little thicker than even Lexi could stand. "439 will be open by then, we can grab food there? I get a discount and the food's so good." It didn't show on her face, but Lexi was hoping desperately that this would qualify as a cool sort of 'hanging out'. Her only experience was with the Clan kids, and even she knew that their standards were weird.

user posted image
Amberli Kelly
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 2:29 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Sunday works better for me." She told Lexi, thinking about her upcoming schedule with Indiana. it was a pretty intensive program along with school and finals. "i actually bought the book about a month a go to try and read before I saw the movie but I am only a few chapters in." Amberli admitted. ,br>
"for some reason I can read a book and then see the film but not the other way around." she didn't know why but the book was boring after she already knew the ending but books were still good. "We can work it out though." she gathered her things together. "see ya Lexi."

+++++++++++
AMBER
+++++++++++

FASHION
NOT MY CHOICE

HUMAN

PERSONAL ASSISTANT
IN TRAINING

SEVENTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
Lexi Hoechlin
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 3:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded happily. "Sounds good. I'll text you Friday or Saturday, if not before." She waved to Amber and started pulling herself together to head out, pleased at the idea that maybe, probably, she'd made a new friend.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |