knock knock, joss | garret | rats
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 5:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 12

Garrett caught the tail end of that as he came inside, followed by only one of his guards. He was fairly certain he could take a teenaged girl, but after the couple of weeks he'd had, wasn't entirely writing her off.

Wil's text had said that she was claiming to be Harper's daughter, but the man had never mentioned her. That didn't mean a damned thing, on of Harper's hobbies had seemed to be being a pain in the ass, but it did mean Garrett was being cautious.

"It's not that we didn't think them capable," he said, walking further into the room. As he'd had several meetings already, he was dressed in a black suit, which would carry him all the way through his meet with Shiloh later. "It's that we underestimated just how stupid they were. Cunning, but stupid. John Garrett," he held out a hand to her, "People 'round here call me 'Garrett' or 'Sir'. Hear you're claiming to be Harper's kid."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Wil Croft
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 5:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 26

As Garrett entered, Wil put his cigarette and coffee down and straightened, dropping his eyes to his King with a murmured, 'Sir.' He dropped back somewhat, going to the window and opening it with his cigarette. That this mild courtesy also A) effaced him from the conversation unless someone chose to pull him back into it and B) Put him in the secondary position to provide security for Garrett and/or Joss would only be visible to those who knew what they were looking at.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Joscelyn Harper
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 5:54 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 301

Joss stood when Garret came into the room and he was so much bigger in person then he looked on tv or in the papers. She wiped her palm on her pants before taking his offered his hand and shook it. "Not claiming Sir." she took a page out of Wil's book and went with that instead of his name. "I am Raegan's daughter. My name is Joscelyn but I prefer Joss." She offered the nickname. "You might know me of me as Joe though. That is what Raegan called me." Maybe they weren't expecting Joe to really be a girl. Maybe

MY FATHER NEVER LIED TO ME. I KNEW A LOT OF THINGS AT A YOUNG AGE BECAUSE I WAS INTRIGUED

+++++++++++
JOSS
+++++++++++

FASHION
LOOKING COMMON

HUMAN
BUT NEEDING MORE

STUDENT
GARFIELD HIGH

DAUGHTER
RIP RAEGAN HARPER

SIXTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 7:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Garrett went ahead and sat down, leaning back in the chair and considering the girl. The matter of whether or not she was who she said she was wasn't dropped, yet, not that she'd know it, but he did move along to, "What can I do for you, Joss?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Joscelyn Harper
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:43 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Suddenly dealing with Wil was so much easier then having to deal with Garrett himself. She cleared her throat gently into her hand and reclaimed her seat and turned to face the king a little more forwardly then she had been sitting with Wil.

"I know that I am to young to be infected but I was hoping to start training so I can petition when I am eighteen." she told Garret. "I am really serious about this and it might have been the first time you are hearing about me but I have been preparing for this for a long time." She winced as she stuttered over the last word. It was only something that happened when she was really nervous and anxious.

MY FATHER NEVER LIED TO ME. I KNEW A LOT OF THINGS AT A YOUNG AGE BECAUSE I WAS INTRIGUED

+++++++++++
JOSS
+++++++++++

FASHION
LOOKING COMMON

HUMAN
BUT NEEDING MORE

STUDENT
GARFIELD HIGH

DAUGHTER
RIP RAEGAN HARPER

SIXTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Interesting that she'd been preparing for this for a long time but he'd never heard of her before. It either meant that Harper had been training her up without telling him or that she'd decided it on her own. Either way it was a God damned headache.

She wasn't recognized Kin, if she was she'd have been in training for more than a year by now. He let his gaze drop to her hands, the smooth skin on the pads of her fingers, the unblemished skin at her knuckles. She definitely didn't train. But that was getting ahead of himself.

"You have a Mother?" he asked. It probably sounded like a stupid question, but since Abby had shown up and he'd learned about her and some of the others, he didn't take that sort of thing for granted.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Joscelyn Harper
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

the question stumped her and she blinked in confusion before nodding. "Yes sir." she told him, the confusion clear in her tone but she was answering honestly. "Marian Youp. She is a dentist's assistant and works here in Seattle. I live with her and she knows I am here doing this." Maybe not happy about it but she knew.

Under his gaze felt like she needed to keep talking so she did. "Wil said that I wouldn't have to live at the compound but I can if you think that is a good idea for me." Joscelyn wasn't sure how she would feel about it but she would do it and try and keep up with whatever Garrett threw at her to test her. "I get decent grades. I go to Garfield High and work at the local MacDonalds as a cashier." She coughed into her hand feeling her throat go dry as she went on and the stutter got worse.

"I have been shooting since I was eight and taking karate lessons since I was twelve. I know it isn't close to what you do here and that is why I am here now Sir, instead of waiting two years just for you to wish I had shown up years ago."

+++++++++++
JOSS
+++++++++++

FASHION
LOOKING COMMON

HUMAN
BUT NEEDING MORE

STUDENT
GARFIELD HIGH

DAUGHTER
RIP RAEGAN HARPER

SIXTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 9:43 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Garrett's eyes slid to Wil. "Said that, did he?" That was really all he needed to say there to make Wil aware they'd be having a talk later.

He waited until she was done speaking and finally leaned forward, resting his weight on his arms and giving her an incredibly stern, unamused look. "You are making a hell of a lot of assumptions here, kid. Starting with whether or not I want you to show up, and when, and ending with thinking I'll just take your word about who you are and what your mother's okay with." He was not impressed and he made that very clear.

He looked at his watch. "You have two hours," he told her, "To produce a birth certificate and your mother. In person. Understood?" He didn't think he needed to add that this was her one and only chance for him to discuss things further.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Joscelyn Harper
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 1:51 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"I have my birth certificate. I tend to carry it around." she told him but still stood and grabbed her helmet off the table. He would probably want to see her mother anyway and she wasn't going to waste time. "And my change of name certificate. After Raegan died I took his surname, but with a name like Youp wouldn't you?" She asked with a nervous smile, fingers drumming over the polished surface.

Two hours would have given Garrett time to ask around the compound and if Joscelyn knew the results she might have been a little depressed to find out that that only a couple of rats ever heard Raegan mention A Joe, Joss or Joscelyn and none of those rats thought he was referign to a son or a daughter. Raegan didn't talk about his personal life much at all. The police force had a better idea about who Joe was but even they had minimal information about it.

She returned just before her two hours was up with Marian behind the front seat of a black four wheel drive. This time when they got to the gate someone was waiting for them to take them back to Garret. If Marian was nervous about meeting the rat king she didn't show it. she pulled her glasses off her face and pushed them back into her hair as Joscelyn stood just behind her holding her certificates and ready to surrender them when Garret asked for them.

+++++++++++
JOSS
+++++++++++

FASHION
LOOKING COMMON

HUMAN
BUT NEEDING MORE

STUDENT
GARFIELD HIGH

DAUGHTER
RIP RAEGAN HARPER

SIXTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

This time Joss, along with her mother, were led to Garrett's office. The King was seated behind his desk this time, still in the black suit, though he'd had to cancel three meetings just to deal with the girl, something he doubted she'd even thought about when she'd decided to show up and demand his time.

It wasn't that he didn't feel for her, he did, but that fact that her father didn't see fit to mention her, hadn't had her raised as Kin nor put on the watch list, told him that he'd not wanted her to be a rat and, as he didn't recognize her mother at all, he couldn't imagine her really being okay with her daughter signing on for it.

He stood as they entered, offered Marian his hand. "M'aam," he said as they shook, then indicated that they both sit. "Joss tells me that she wants to be a rat. You're okay with this?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Joscelyn Harper
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 5:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

She took the offered seat and met Garret's eyes. 'Do you have a teenager?" she asked the man, crossing one leg over the other, her lips drawn together not in a scowl really but she was clearly trying to control her face as she watched the man. "There is only so many times you can have a fight about something before you have to let them do it, let them see for themselves. We had the same fight when she started working. I wanted her to concentrate on school." She commented.

"Are you going to look after my little girl here Garret?" she asked ignoring Joscelyn as she sunk a little bit in her seat when her mum refereed to her as a little girl. she was sixteen and far from just little. "Are you going to support her, and know her name or will she just become a number to you because that is one thing she can't answer me on. she tells me it is like one big happy family here on the compound but everyone walks around armed." She paused as she shrugged. "I have known Raegan since he was fifteen, and let me tell you he got worse the longer he spent as a rat. And I blame the groups." Not all of it was garret's fault and she knew it but still...

"I also know that Raegan was mostly messed up before he got here so maybe he was already a lost cause before you could get to him. So I suppose I can't completely hate you for that. But can I expect that kind of treatment for my Joss?" she asked

+++++++++++
JOSS
+++++++++++

FASHION
LOOKING COMMON

HUMAN
BUT NEEDING MORE

STUDENT
GARFIELD HIGH

DAUGHTER
RIP RAEGAN HARPER

SIXTEEN

SINGLE

| PM |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 11:38 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Garrett was quiet through her questioning of him, insulting of him and his Clan, and asinine defense of letting her daughter walk into this life. When she was done, his face was unimpressed and unamused.

He stood, but didn't indicate either one of them should. "Your daughter sought me out," he said, voice even, drawl just a little more prominent, eyes hard as he looked at the woman, "Waltzed up to my gate and demanded my time like she was entitled to it. I did not recruit her, I did not ask her to come here, I didn't even know she existed until a couple of hours ago." It was a harsh truth, but it needed to be said.

As he spoke, he was pulling his tie loose and over his head to hang it on the chair, and then unbuttoning his shirt, waiting for this ridiculous woman to look at him like he was stripping so he could attack her or her daughter, because she seemed the type to misinterpret things like that.

"This place isn't summer camp, it's not an after school job," he yanked off his shirt and the black tee that was beneath it, revealing his body from the waist up, a large part of it covered with scarring. Bullet wounds, knife wounds. He turned around. Claw wounds. "That you allowed your little girl to come here, where everyone is armed," her words, "Alone, because you were tired of her asking and wanted her to spread her wings a bit, makes me question your intelligence."

He turned back, leaned against the desk, and now his face was murderous as he looked at the mother, then Joss, and back again. "The average life span of a rat is about thirty seven, give or take. Raegen was killed by a rampaging pack of wolves. My rats were on the front line of that, of every single bit of monster bloodiness that happens in this city. They're family, and they're soldiers, they're bodyguards and there are times they're cannon fodder. They keep more blood from your doorstep than you will ever know. My rats, Ma'am."

He stood, looking murderously at one and then the other, letting his eyes bleed out to the black of his rat and his inhuman energy fill the room until, if one was sensitive enough to feel it, it was damned near choking. "And I am their King and you will show me respect. Or you can get the hell off my Compound."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |