Putting Our House in Order, please help us get the board up to date
Briar
 Posted: Sep 14 2012, 1:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Administrator
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 1

We're trying to get the board put nicely in order. Fall cleaning, so to speak. Meaning that we're looking to get rid of unused forums, add new ones where they're needed, get all our informational documents up to date, and so on. But we could really use your help on identifying problem spots. So please, take a few minutes and go through the board, especially your little corners of it, and see if there's anything out of place, out of date, or no longer accurate?

Some things to check specifically:
  • Face Claim: Are all your characters listed? What about any important NPCs you control? If you've dropped a character, is that reflected in the list?
  • Who's Who: Are all your characters there, listed alphabetically by last name? Do the links all go to the right place? If you've dropped a character, have they been removed from the list?
  • Local Groups: Are all your characters there, listed alphabetically by last name within the group? Do the links all go to the right place? If you've dropped a character, have they been removed from the list? If your character has an modifier or title (such as Lupa, Human Servant, etc.) has it been added to their name? Are there any important NPCs not listed?
  • Notable People: If you play one of the listed roles, is the information there still accurate? Does each of your characters listed have a 200px by 200px headshot and a single paragraph bio? Does the bio need updating?
  • Mage Documents: If you play a mage, have you posted about their powers/school of magic in the Mage Documents forum? Is that information still accurate and complete? Admins, us too!
  • Business Forums: If your character owns a business, does it have its own forum? Is the short description still accurate? Is the long description post, if there is one, up to date? Do you need a document pinned for you?
  • Home Forums: We all know these are the worst mess. Please go over them carefully and let me know if you need any removed, added, new names put on an existing forum, or what have you.
  • Game History: We are looking for someone to write a month-by-month history of the board. Just a paragraph or two per month, hitting the highlights of our version of Seattle's history. Anyone who's willing to take this on as an ongoing project, please contact Briar and we can talk it over.

Please, please, pretty please take a few minutes to go over the items on this list and if you find anything that needs to be changed, updated, added or removed please PM your list to Shiloh and we'll get it dealt with as quickly and possible.

Thanks so much and happy cleaning.

user posted image
PM Shiloh or click one of those IM links down there.
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Briar
 Posted: Sep 22 2012, 3:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Administrator
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 1

Update on the Cleanup: Homes, Notable People, Many Moons

Okay, my lovelies. Our board is getting lovely and tidy. As of today I have:
  • Updated Notable People
  • Updated Who's Who
  • Updated Face Claim
  • Cleaned up the Requests forum.
  • Updated Restricted Character Concepts
  • Updated the business forums.
  • Updated the home forums. As per the vote earlier, the homes are distributed through the 'Established Living' areas, Moons, Pulse, Darkest Dreaming, and the universities, with everyone who lives outside those establishments in the Homes category.
Still to be done:
  • Create and maintain a month-by-month history of the board.
  • Create a New Users Guide/Walkthrough
  • Update the trailer.
  • Update the ad.
How you can help:
  • Double-check the Who's Who, Face Claim, Notable People, and Local Groups lists to make sure that all your characters are correct and nobody's there who shouldn't be.
  • If you want to, write up a post describing your character's or characters' house/room/suite/mansion and post it in the forum assigned for it, then hit me on IM or by PMing Shiloh (NOT the c-box or PMing Briar) and I'll pin it for you.
  • Check the housing forums. Is your character's in the right place? Is their name spelled right? Are they living with the right person? If there are any problems, IM me or PM Shiloh about it.
  • Get ready to go on an advertising blitzkrieg. Once the cleanup is completed, I'll announce an all-hands call for blanketing the intarwebz with the fabulousness that is our board. Prizes will be given out in the form of starring roles in an upcoming plot.

user posted image
PM Shiloh or click one of those IM links down there.
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |