Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Fever in the Rain, [Garrett/Alice]
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 8:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 290

"Hi!" Alice beamed at Collin in a way she wouldn't have managed an hour before. But the food, the warmth, the reassurance of talking to Garrett and getting some of the scariest of the questions answered she was able to smile and at least pretend calm. Notable, though, that she didn't transfer herself from Garrett's side to Collin's.

"So, um, I guess the kitty is happening. I would have called, but I didn't know your number. Sorry. But, um, now what?" She pressed her knee against the Rat King's so that she could keep sounding light and cheerful all the way through that.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 8:46 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

"I'm sorry about that," Collin said, very much aware of how Alice was sitting with the Rat King, who was giving him a look of amusement and something else Collin couldn't quite identify. "I thought Oryn would have given it to you." Next time he'd be sure to just do it himself.

He leaned back in his chair, his leg pressing into the other of hers. It seemed casual but was very much on purpose. It was clear she felt safe with Garrett, and for now he'd allow it, but eventually she'd have to let go some, give in to the pull of the cat.

"Now we get you as prepared as we can for the moon," he said, "And we find out if Oryn's strong enough to subdue your beast, or you. If he can, he can stay with you while you learn the ropes. If not, we'll figure something else out that keeps everyone involved safe."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 2:37 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Nobody's fault but mine," she said, staunchly defending Oryn from any implied criticism. "He offered to give it to me on Valentine's Day but my phone was in the other room, then like a moron I never asked again." One thing Alice had going for her, she was a loyal beast, and wouldn't support Oryn getting in trouble for any of this mess.

She found herself relaxing a little more at the feel of Collin's...energy or whatever it was. Was this what it felt like, to touch someone's beast? She'd done some reading but hadn't really been able to imagine what that would feel like. Between the solidity of Garrett at her side, the good-right feeling of Collin, the full belly and the cute baby and the warmth coming at her from both men, she could have curled up and gone to sleep happy right then, she was that comfortable.

Kind of trying to express that, though in her own inimitable way, "So, is this free rein to rub myself up against gorgeous men and claim it's because of the lycanthropy last beyond the Training Mode period of infection? Because if it does, I think I just found my first upside to shifteriness."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 7:08 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

"Yes and no," Collin said with a laugh. "Personal space is a lot different for us, but sometimes you still need to watch who you try to cuddle up to."

"Like the rat King?" Garrett asked, trying to look innocent and failing miserably.

"Sir," Collin said with a shake of his head, because it paid to be deferential to the most powerful shifter in Seattle, "If I weren't here seeing it for my own self, I'd have a hard time believed the rat King cuddled at all."

"You think this baby made himself, son?"

Collin laughed. "So anyway," he said to Alice, "It can be a perk, yes."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 7:28 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

See, and pointing out that it was a privilege reserved for only a very few only made it that much more certain that Alice would snuggle into Garrett's side like she was optioning a long-term lease on the position. "Fantastic. I like this perk.So there's that, there's no cancer and fewer wrinkles and hypermetabolism and pretty leopard spots. Really, I'm starting to think I should have done this years ago." No, really not. But she was just bound and determined to see the bright side of this, not to angst over what couldn't be changed and wasn't going to actually be improved by sulking. This was happening, and moping wouldn't change one single thing about it.

Without remotely giving up her spot, Alice asked Collin, "So what do you need me to do now? What's my very next step? Does it involve more fried food?"

user posted image
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 24 2013, 8:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 12

"It can, if you're still hungry," Collin said, "But while you won't gain as much weight as most people, you'll still get righteous gas and liqui-bowel syndrome if you eat too much, so...think about that."

"I didn't really want to think about it, doc."

"Collateral damage, Sir."

Garrett scowled and handed Jamie to the leopard. "You two talk shop, I'm going to go be somewhere else."

Collin took the kid like the old pro that he was and waved happily. "You need to be with some of us starting about two days before the moon. You can stay with one of several of us, or we can have Oryn plus one stay with you. It's up to you how you work it. But the night of the moon you'll come Run with us. You won't remember it." His tone gentled. "It takes a couple months before you stay aware. We'll take care of you through it all though."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 25 2013, 1:21 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Alice pouted at the loss of her ratty space heater but comforted herself with soda. "Way to ruin the moment, Collin." The urge to reach out and play with a tiny baby foot was almost overwhelming, but she was too afraid she'd try to take a bite out of him. In fact, it was rapidly becoming a paranoia.

Holding onto her soda glass with both hands to keep herself from fidgeting, "Oryn plus one? How does that work? I mean, are you figuring there needs to be shifts, or is there some reason that Oyrn isn't able to handle, or are you trying to avoid issues because of the dating thing?"

She lost, she was flicking the tip of one fingernail against her straw, agitation rising up whether she wanted to admit it or not. "I've got to be honest here, I'd really like if it Oryn were around right now. He's working his shift, and I'm trying to be reasonable about that because this gig with Adrianna is important to him. But despite cuddling on the really scary guy and tasty food and all that, I'm scared to death and I still feel like I can feel actual air molecules bumping off my skin everywhere, plus like I ought to be giving off little wavy heat-lines with this fever."

Her voice didn't crack because she didn't let it. She tended to blow it off as nothing because it wasn't where her focus was, but in every way that mattered Alice was a trained voice and stage actress and she controlled her tone without even having to work at it all that hard. "I just, this is not what I wanted to do with my life. And even though I keep being reassured that this doesn't have to be my whole life, I can't shake the feeling that it actually does. That this is going to change my perspective so much that I end up being a totally different person than I would have been without it. And honestly? I was pretty okay with the person I already was. I kinda wanted to keep being her."

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |