Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Date Night: 1st February, charlotte | jeremiah
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 4:06 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 265

Jeremiah normally shaved cleaned for a date but he was worried it might ruin the Johnny Depp thing that charlie seemed to like so much. he would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to tonight. He didn't want to seem to clingy so he didn't call her during the week. a few times he would write a text but he never sent any of them. he had to play it cool because it had been to long since he had been with anyone and judging by the good make out session in his apartment last week, this could go somewhere hot and heavy if he played his cards right.

although he had worried about his facial hair and making sure his hair wasn't completely out of control but his outfit he didn't think of to much. the weather forced him to wear layers but he liked to think they didn't overwhelming him. Looking at himself before he left his place and Jeremiah thought he looked good, and looked like he would fit in with the artsy type setting for the date. That might have been the weirdest thing. Randomly running into a girl who liked culture.

He arrived promptly at eight at her door step, pausing for a moment before he knocked on her door. He had nothing stupid like a gift for her but Jeremiah was looking forward to seeing her in those tight tight jeans of hers again. he heard some hustling from the other side and smiled when the door opened. "Hey Charlie."

SOMETIMES THE QUESTIONS ARE COMPLICATED AND THE ANSWERS ARE SIMPLE
+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 8:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Marian

Member No.: 284

Charlie's week had been hectic, terrifying, and ridiculous. Running into Jeremiah had been the most normal thing that had happened. As a result she hadn't slept very much or very well, she was still jumpy, and had almost forgotten about the date.

Fortunately she had remembered in time to get ready. She pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a cream sweater, and a pair of flats. Her red hair tumbled down over her shoulders in waves, her make up was minimal, just some eyeshadow to bring out her eyes which did wonders to hide the shadows and a clear lipgloss.

Jeremiah had made it into the building and up to her apartment. It was a small loft, certainly not the nicest one, but it suited Charlie. She opened the door, "Hey, Johnny. Come on in."

She stepped back letting him enter. The apartment was incredibly clean, but lived in. The living area was decently sized and open and had all the basics. Sofa, chairs, tv, coffee table, small dining table, book shelves. A keyboard stood against a wall off to the side with no sheet music. Everything was neatly put away and organized.

Charlie left Myer to look around while she put on her jacket and filled her pockets with cigarettes, lighter, money clip, and lip gloss.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 2:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A living space can tell you a lot about a person so he was happy to be invited inside. "Thanks. You look good." he complimented her as he moved into her living space. He looked around of course, his eyes lingering on the keyboard that was leaning against the wall. "Do you play?" he asked as he went to the book shelf, his head tilted to the side to read the titles.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 3:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The bookshelf contained a wide range of books, almost all of which were fiction, covering a number of genre's. There was classic fantasy and sci fi, modern fiction, a couple of romances, and some that most people had never heard of. "The Green Child" by Henry Read, "All Hallows Eve" by Charles Williams, and "At the Back of the Northwind" by George McDonald. The last was one of the thickest and oldest, tearing could be seen in the card board and the spine was creased with use. Interspersed among the books were various knick knacks and photos. Items that were kitschy, cute, beautiful, or unusual in some way. Each had character of it's own. The photos were of Charlie and Charlie with other people, presumably friends and family.

The book shelf was almost like looking into a window and seeing a part of who she was.

Charlie turned back toward Myer as she zipped up her jacket.

"A little." It was an offhanded half truth. She was a brilliant piano player, as good as any concert pianist if not better, but she never played for anyone else. At least not on stage. Not for a crowd. Every once in awhile she would play for one or two of her friends, or a boyfriend, or relative. But mostly she played whens he was alone.

She put on a hat and grabbed her keys, "Ready when you are."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 5:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I should bring my triangle over some time. We can jam together." Jeremiah joked, pulling away from her book shelves, glad to see her interest in the arts was real and not just something she had agreed to because he suggested it for a date. He was looking forward to some stimulating conversation over the art. Maybe an argument that was ended in an all solving kiss. Just like in the movies.

"I always wanted to learn an instrument but I just don't have the ear for it or something. I tried piano, bass and regular guitars and even the recorder. I guess I don't have any rhythm." He had made peace with his packing musical talent a lot time ago. 'but I still desperately wanted to learn. So Ruth bought me a triangle. I still have it, just to remind myself that everyone can be a rock star in their own mind." He joked, taking her out to the car.

he opened the car door for her and came around to the drivers side, bringing the car to life and turning down the radio so they could still talk. "I have a feeling though that your musical skills might be better then mine." he gave her an opening to talk about it or change the subject.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 5:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

An eyebrow raised, uncertain if he was making fun of her, himself, or just being silly. His next statement cleared it up and she laughed, "Awe, poor Johnny." The statement was sweet and sarcastic all in one. "I'm sure you're the best triangle player, ever!"

Of course her interest in the arts was genuine. Her mother had been brought up in culture, and had made certain her children appreciated them, even if they didn't like them. Charlie liked them. She liked art and music and books, genuinely enjoyed each one for it's own merits.

Charlie slid into the car and put on her seatbelt and shrugged, "I've been playing since I was four." She neither confirmed nor denied, but didn't outright change the subject. Even if she was vague on the subject she wasn't adverse to talking about it. Though Myer might have been left to wonder what she was leaving out, and why.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 5:42 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"So you plan more then a little then?" he asked. "its ok. You can bruise my ego. I know all my triangle skills might be intimidating but believe me it isn't all that impressive." He patted her knee gently as he took to the streets. the art gallery wasn't to far away but the Friday night traffic would make it at least a half hour drive.

He didn't push her to share more of her musical ability then she wanted to share. After all they had only met once before and he wasn't her boyfriend or anything so Jeremiah couldn't just expect to be allowed into her private secrets. "You know I have to thank you Charlie. I got to thinking about what you said about using my degree and I applied for that new academy. On Monday I will be leading psychologist." He was glad he had someone he could share the news with besides his parents.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 9:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie laughed, "Well, maybe a little more than a little." She almost offered to let him keep the beat while she played. She stopped herself. It's not that she didn't want to play for him, and it's not that she never would, she just didn't like putting on a show. Being the center of so much attention and praise, and she was almost positive that's what it would turn into.

"Really? That's awesome! Will you still work for the police? As a sketch artist? Or will you quit?" Charlie had no idea how that sort of thing worked. If sketch artists were contractual and only brought in when needed, or if they were officially part of the force.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 12:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He was glad to hear some excitment in her voice because all he got from his parents was an ear full on job security and something about new cities corrupt minds. He had stopped listening by then, just letting them both take in turns about how moving to Seattle and then quitting his job made him look unrealiable. He supposed it did but what could he do about it now. it was already done.

'I told the Sargent that they can keep me on for contract work and what have you but I quit the office boy portion of my work that I was doing to keep busy." Really they only needed a sketch artist once or twice a week but with him moving out here for the job they had needed something else to keep him busy. Answering phones and moving files had done that. Not exactly stimulating work but he had been doing it just fine. Until Charlie came along.

"But I did warn him that my hours belong to the academy now. They only have ten kids there at the moment so I should be alright to just take management roles but if we get any more I will have to be more hands on. Ruth was annoyed me turning my back on the police force but I think Janice was a bit more understanding. but then again she has always been the follow your gut kind of person."

Plus the fact that Janice had saved him from a home for bad kids when he was barely seven years old. she knew what it was like to live for helping others. she had been a volunteer back then and came home with a son. Jeremiah didn't plan on adopting any of his patients but there was a certain draw to helping others that he felt. "I'm sure eventually they will both forgive me for ruining my life." he joked, turning into the car park and starting to drive in circles. "So much for this being a slow night." he muttered under his breath as he looked for parking.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 11:59 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The thing that stood out most was when Jeremiah talked about his parents. Ruth and Janice. He had mentioned Ruth by name a few times, and while odd did it wasn't something that stood out.

"So... uh.. you have two moms?"

So maybe the question was a little on the 'too blunt' side of polite, but Charlie just couldn't pull herself away from it. It's not that she cared, she didn't. It just wasn't something she had encountered before.

Someone with gay parents. Not someone that was gay. She knew plenty of gay people. Just not any with kids.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 2:49 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You caught that huh?" he said with a smile. He could never just come out and say, hey I was raised by lesbians and I turned out ok, but at the same time he never could hide it. He usually just spoke about them like he usually would and either the person would ask or wouldn't. "they adopted me when I was about seven years old." and that was all he was willing to bring up about his adoption when he was on a date like this.

he finally found a parking spot and pulled into it before killing the car. "Finally. Maybe there is something else going on at the art house." He really did think they would have most of the space to themselves. He got out of the car, waited for Charlie to make her own exit before locking the doors with his key. He didn't have a special beeper for his car, but he didn't mind. His car had character and that meant more to him then new technology.

he thought about it for almost a full thirty seconds before he grabbed her hand. If this was a date then a little hand holding wasn't out of the question. After all he held a lot more then that last week on his couch. He still had to watch that movie sometime soon. "So how was your week?" he asked her just for conversation as they made their way towards the entrance

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 2:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A blush touched her cheeks and she smiled, "Yeah. Sorry... I just... nevermind." Awkward moment was awkward. Charlie shut her mouth and looked out the window. Myer had shut down the conversation and she wasn't going to pry.

He parked and Charlie got out of the car, the cold air a shock to the warmth of the car and she shivered. Then Myer's hand was in hers, warm, and soft. She laced her fingers through his and walked along beside him. She bit her lip and smiled at the ground remembering how his hands had felt on her body.

It took a moment for Myer's question to pull her out of the memories and she blinked. The smile and hint of blush faded, "Oh.. uh... okay?"

How was her week? She didn't want to talk about her week. First there was the creeper. Then there was the vampire attack. Then the creeper again along with a crazy Russian lady. No. She didn't want to talk about her week. Time to divert that topic.

"Uh... how was yours?"
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 3:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jeremiah frowned when she blew off his question but he didn't want to push. Not this early in the date anyway, But he would maybe bring it up later when he was feeling more confident maybe. "My week was pretty good. Got a new job, met a merman down at the lake..." he was still to deep in the human world to think mermen and shifters were just mundane creatures that lived on every street. They were exciting and exotic, just a little bit scary and mostly something he didn't interfere with. "Apparently I will be working with a few psychics and shifters at the academy so I am looking forward to meeting them." Such a novelty for the very much human man.

"I finished that portrait and now I have a date with this really cute red head who may or may not let me spend my money." he teased her, remembering he had promised she could spend on their next date but apparently blocked her again when it came time to pay for their entry fee. His cash was already in the til, tickets in his hand, before she could get out her wallet. "Over all I say life is pretty good for me right now." Obviously she was not having the same week. Something had happened but he didn't know how to bring it up with her. Jeremiah just didn't know her cues well enough.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 3:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A merman? Mermaids were real? She knew about vampires and werewolves and a few other shiftesrs and that there were some people that had psychic abilities and had heard that there were people that could even do magic. But mermen? Weird.

And the school was for psychics and shifters. Was he one? A super? The thought made her a tad edgy. She didn't pull away from him, but she put up what she thought was a mental guard.

Then he started talking about the date he had planned. She blushed and smiled slipping her arm through his. Damn it to hell if he was a psychic or something. He was cute. And hadn't tried to eat her.

"Oh, really? Tell me more about this redhead. What's she like? Should I be jealous?" She teased, goading him into stroking her ego.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Jeremiah Finley
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 3:52 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oh just this girl I met, who I judged to quickly but lucky for me she forgave me." He smiled, patting her had as he took the corridor to the right and together they entered the exhibit. "She seems to think I look like Johnny Depp so I need to be on her good side just for the ego boost it gives me." He teased, pausing before the first picture, but not lingering for long as they casually moved on. She was better to look at anyway then anything they had here.

"She is a little neurotic in cute ways, and blushes like a high school girl but I like that about her. makes me believe that maybe she likes me too." He was looking for confirmation that he wasn't wasting his time. "Maybe you should feel a little jealous, because this girl has the best kiss I have experienced in a few good months." He paused in the middle of the room, his free hand going into her hair as he brought her in for a kiss.

+++++++++++
MYER
+++++++++++

FASHION

HUMAN

NEW TO TOWN

TWENTY EIGHT

CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST

INTERESTED IN CHARLIE

STARTING A NEW LIFE

| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |