Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Just Remember to Breathe, Alice/Oryn
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

"I'm good, thanks," Collin said. "This is more a courtesy call than anything. Did Oryn mention that I'm a physician?" At her nod, he nodded. "I want to look at the wound, answer any questions you might have. It's too early to test you and the moon's still ten days out. I doubt I'll be able to tell anything, but it can't hurt."

All of that said, he gestured to her shoulder, "May I?" It would be easier for her to take her shirt off, but he left it to her whether she did that or just pulled the collar aside.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 290

She went ahead and peeled it off, she had a cami on underneath because when she'd dressed she'd been feeling the need for psychological armor. Bundling up the shirt and setting it on the kitchen table, she flicked on the overhead light to make it easier to see and tilted her head for Collin to take his look. She forgot all about the Incredible Hulk bandaids, and laughed when she saw the Raj looking at them and remembered. "They were all we had." True, though it was notable that she didn't go on to explain that they were for somebody's nephew or anything. Because they weren't.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 84

Collin laughed. "It's fine. But I'm going to have to take them off," he told her, and did that before examining the punctures with his eyes and then his nose. For the hell of it, he let his cat rise and wasn't surprised when the only response was from Oryn's.

He let the energy shift toward the other cat, comforting him while he kept the rest of his attention on Alice. Straightening, he said, "It's a clean bite, in that it didn't seem to tear anything. That happens sometimes. It's not clean in that it's a bite. I want you to clean it again before you go to bed, and first thing in the morning, and keep it covered."

He leaned back against the nearest counter so she could put her shirt back on if she wanted. "I'm going to leave you my card. I want you to call me if over the next couple of days you feel any different. It could be restlessness, fitful sleep, mood swings, a fever. Watch especially for a fever and if that happens, don't take a cold bath or shower, okay. You call me. If you don't, Oryn's going to bring you to the clinic on Sunday and we'll give you a proper test. The antibodies should be present by then, if there are any. Okay?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:50 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded, but was frowning. "I thought it was, well, pretty unlikely? I mean, Oryn's back..." she trailed off, the difference between the two wounds were vast. "Do you actually think it's in any way likely? Or is it purely precautionary? And please," she didn't lose the smile, but her voice took on a snap that Oryn had never even heard out of here, "be honest rather than comforting? My Dad's an ocular surgeon, I know that trick."

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Infection naturally with a feline strain takes a heck of a mauling, or extended and sustained contact. Not as bad as Oryn's, but much worse than one bite," Collin said, not watering it down. "That said, some people are just...more susceptible than others. There's not a lot of research on it and several theories as to why. There's a chance, Alice, and we need to know before the moon. That's very important. So, slim as it is, pay attention to yourself for me, more than usual." And most people really didn't pay that much attention to their body's rhythms and reactions.

Oryn stayed quiet, but kept watching her for any sign of losing her shit. He would be losing his shit by now, if he hadn't wanted to be infected in the first place.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 8:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded slowly, taking that in and trying to process it. "Okay. And what if I do start running a fever or the test comes back positive or whatever. What happens then?" Which it wasn't going to happen. But you alrways wanted to know, right? You wanted to know the worst, so that it couldn't surprise you later.

She looked over at Oryn, then back at Collin. "What's the worst case scenario here?" She wasn't panicking or crying, but it was more of a possibility than it had been a minute ago.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 2:47 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Oryn came over to her and got his arm around her, pulling her snug into his side, but it was Collin that answered. "The answer to that's subjective," he said gently, "Because your definition of worst and mine probably differ, a lot. But there are really only two scenarios: you're not infected and you and Oryn start being more careful, or you are infected, in which case we'll be seeing a lot more of each other, and he and I and all the others will take care of you while you figure things out. Like I said, the chances are small, but they are there."

He crossed the kitchen and, even though Oryn had his arm around her, leaned in and rubbed cheeks with her. "There's a lot of good that comes with infection," he told her. "Easier said, or so I hear," because he'd never experienced what she was starting to go through with worrying and waiting, "But try not to panic."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 3:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Leaning into Oryn's side made Alice feel both noticeably better and kind of like a wimp, but she did it anyway. And a good thing, because when Collin rubbed his Greek-god cheek against hers she might have gotten all giggly or something stupid if she weren't grounded on Oryn and already feeling sorta comforted by that.

"Okay, but I meant more that you guys know how to keep me from getting shoved into a halfway house or kicked out of school or evicted or anything, right? I mean, you hear stories about people being involuntarily committed and all kinds of horrible things." She gave Collin a half-strength version of her usual smile. "I'm less worried about turning into a snuggly kitty than I am about accidentally eating my roommate or finding out that there's some messed up 5150 thing where I can get locked up for being infected and end up in some kind of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest thing."

She tried out the smile again, a little better this time. "I'll work on the not panicking. Sorry to be a hassle at you in the middle of the night on Valentine's. That's kind of an unreasonable level of pain in the butt, huh?"

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I know every trick there is," Collin assured her, sounding nothing but confident, sincere. "We'll take care of you, and you'll be fine, and everyone you know will be fine. No half way houses, okay?"

When she nodded, he smiled at her, all warmth. "Don't worry about the interruption, this is nothing. Oryn'll vouch for that. Try to have a good night. Oryn?"

Oryn let go of her long enough to step forward, rub cheeks and let Collin bite behind his ear, the last of the tension leaving him when he did. Collin put a hand on his shoulder and a bit of energy pulled through the room as Oryn's teeth finally went back. "Gotta actually be calm," Collin said with an amused smile, "Not just say you are. Next time they may stick forever."

"Thanks," Oryn said, meaning for all of it, not just shoving the bit of his beast back.

"No worries. Though you're on your own with Rin tomorrow. Have fun with that."

Oryn laughed and let Collin let himself out, turning back to Alice and going straight toward her to get her in his arms again. "I know asking if you're okay's pretty stupid, but you okay?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Alice slipped her arms around Oryn's waist and felt better just for that. Which didn't make tons of sense, but she wasn't going to fight it. "I'm okayish. Still at least possible that I might freak out, but I think the likelihood is going down."

She rubbed her forehead against his shoulder and asked without looking at him, "Do you want to stay over tonight? You don't have to or anything, but Jess is gone all weekend so it'll just be me here and--do you want to stay? Please? Not just for the clinging, because ew, guilt. But for the being goofy and crushy and sexual-tensiony and all the fun stuff that got ruined because I can't tell the difference between a hickey and kitty fanging?"

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:43 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yes," he said simply, because he wanted to stay and because he believed in the power of a good snuggle - he'd seen first hand the good it could do. "And I'll keep my teeth to myself, promise. But I may kiss you an awful lot."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She lifted her head and smiled at him, kept herself holding on the whole time. "I think I can live with that. So...Star Trek the Animated series, the Dragonlance cartoon movies, or Firefly? I'm thinking some couch-cuddling and cheap wine is definitely in order."

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:28 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Star Trek," was the immediate reply, because all things Trek were his emotional woobie, "It makes everything better. Or something."

He kissed her, then, and pressed his forehead to hers, knowing he probably shouldn't say it but doing so anyway. "Sounds like a real good way to spend a night." He just wanted to be with her, and that she wanted to be with him, even after what had happened, that meant everything to him.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 9:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Fifteen minutes later they were curled up on the battered old sofa with oversized glasses of sweet table red and the Tribble episode playing (because why not start with the best?), Alice had her head on Oryn's chest and his arm around her and the baking heat of him against her like a really pleasant oven.

They laughed at jokes that weren't funny and snuggled together and kissed a whole bunch of times. And when they curled up on Alice's bed a few hours after midnight they still didn't quite manage sex, but they came close enough to leave them both panting and laughing and holding one another tightly as they fell asleep.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |