Some bad News
Henry Doyle
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 59

I cannot describe how bad I feel, not to mention how embarrassed I am, especially how good you guys had been and how gracious you were to allow me back, that I have to do this but there is no easy/nice way to do this so I am just going to throw it out there:

The bad news: I have cancer.

Thyroid cancer – I had a physical a week, maybe ten days, ago and my doctors asked me to go and have a needle biopsy done since they could feel a small mass in my neck. The odds were slim of it being anything but my doctor just wanted to play it safe. I got the results today, confirming that its cancer and that I need surgery. The doctors want me to have surgery in a few days (Thursday, however Friday is more likely) during which they’ll remove the tissue.

Now onto the good news: it was caught fairly early, and Thyroid cancer is one of the more ‘treatable’ ones with a 96% recovery/survival rate. Which, if you ask me is rather good! Personally I'm coping rather well and I just want to get that behind me as fast as possible.

With me having to be admitted to a hospital I’ll have to take a short leave of absence from the site – since I don’t think they allow laptops, or internet for that matter (I still have to ask about that). If all goes according plan I should be back around next Wednesday (20th February).

In the mean time: Kriss and Rix were kind enough to take on and take care of my characters (Henry and Eric respectively) for me who will remain in a NPC capacity till I get back.

user posted image
| PM |
Henry Doyle
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 4:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Update:

My last night before going to the hospital. I checked about computers and internet the staff told me that if I wished that I may bring a laptop, but was asked not to use any internet - since they seemed to have had some issues with that in past.

So you'll be hearing from me at the earliest back on Wensday or via Phone in the c-box if I can manage it. (considering my phone...odds of that are rather slim)

user posted image
| PM |
Kari Amos
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 7:09 PM
|QUOTE |

won't say i'm in love
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 78

just concentrate on getting well

user posted image
| PM |
Henry Doyle
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 4:47 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

*wave*

Things went smoothly, just got home - off to do some very light unpacking and then I'm off to bed tongue.gif

user posted image
| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |