Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Work Day, [Jesse/Janos]
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 2:39 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 22

"Valentine's Day," Jess said around a laugh, "A real ratty holiday. It's so incredibly fitting." But he couldn't stop grinning because something in him found it fucking hilarious. "I say go you shoot for that day."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 3:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 8

He grinned. "Should we decorate in pink and red crepe paper? Do strawberry cream tequila jello shots and some kind of drink with red hot candies and Goldschläger?" A short laugh. "I really don't want the Clan wrecking my bar before it even gets off the ground."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 3:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oh," Jess laughed, "I say you do it. Make it as obnoxious and awful as you can. If they think you're making one big joke, they'll eat it up. Place'll be wall to wall Clan, maybe some others, too. Then the people who think you're being serious that the Clan can then mock."

A wide, pleased smile. "You can't lose."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 3:45 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

His eyes narrowed, thinking about that. "I'll need trays. Lots and lots of trays..."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 3:55 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

That surprised Jess enough that there was nothing inhibiting the sharp bark of laughter he gave and he couldn't help but reach for Janos and kiss him soundly.

"That never stops being funny," he told him. "Just so you know."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 4:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos laughed and kissed Jesse happily, ending up with his arms around his boyfriend's waist again and not feeling any dire need to let go again. "I know it doesn't. Though it's getting harder to get a real reaction from them. I'm going to have to up my game a bit." More importantly, it was working to get Garrett and Ash (mostly Garrett) past the discomfort of having a butler on staff. Garrett could call him an assistant if he liked, that didn't bother Janos, but he needed them not to be worried about whether they were 'entitled' to the kind of service he gave them. Thus, trays. It made sense to him.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 5:01 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I can't wait to see what that means," Jess said of Janos upping his game. He pressed his temple to the hyena's hair and let out a breath like he'd been holding it for hours. "I feel like it's been months since we've been alone."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 5:08 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Relaxing slowly into Jesse's chest, Janos let his eyes drift closed. "It really does feel like that. And I keep telling myself that it's going to get better, but it's getting better way too slowly."

He looked up at Jess. "D'you realize it was just about a year ago that we met? It seems like it's been always, you know?"

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 5:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"In some ways, yeah," Jess said, because he really felt it, "In others it feels like it's only been five minutes." Like how he was still sleeping on the floor as close to the open window as he could get. He'd made giant strides this year, but that hadn't been one of them.

"The jail thing got me to thinking," he told him then, pulling back so they could see one another's faces. "Okay, not just that. It started with Kat, really. But, if I can find a way to do it without putting 'em in danger, I'd like to contact my folks." He was telling Janos because as solid as that sentence had sounded, he was really just testing the waters of the theory.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 6:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded slowly, showing no sign of the massive relief he felt at Jesse bringing it up. Losing and then finding his family had been so huge for him, he'd wanted to talk to Jess about it for months but knew he needed to let his boyfriend come to it himself.

"There are ways to do it. Do you know where they are, still? They haven't moved or disappeared?" Janos knew all the best private detectives in town, for obvious reasons.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 6:51 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jess nodded. "I had Soph look 'em up." One of the Clan's resident hackers would have been able to hide behind a wall of proxy that would end up being untraceable. Jess was probably being paranoid, but he couldn't be too careful when it came to his folks. "They're still in Moline."

He'd never actually told Janos where he was from, only that it was the midwest. But he was starting to commit to this now, and naming his home town was the first step. "It's just a matter of contacting them."

Like it was just that simple.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 7:22 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos pulled back and looked at Jess seriously, his eyes sharp and serious. After a long moment he pulled out his cigarettes and lit two, handed Jesse one, and asked quietly, "Why did you leave home, Jesse? What happened?" He'd never asked before. Jess so clearly didn't want to talk about it, he'd given his lover that space. But it was time, he thought, and so he finally asked the question.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 8:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jess took one of the smokes and hit it, hard, a couple of times, enough that it was more than halfway to the filter by the time he backed off.

Looking up, eyes steady on his boyfriend's, he said, "I killed the Raj's son."

He sighed and went into the story about how Mike had been a grade ahead of Jess, how they'd been in the same schools and, more importantly, the same leagues, all their lives. It hadn't been a big deal, really, even though they'd never quite gotten along. Jess had been a pitcher from day one, and he'd been good. Mike had played short and that was pretty much it. They interacted on the field, ignored one another at school.

But something had changed the summer before Jesse's freshman year. Suddenly Mike wasn't just good, he was fucking amazing. And he came after Jesse's spot on the school team. It was something, bypassing JV, but the coach had recruited Jess away from the small Catholic school with the promise, and so Jess had decided to stay with the public.

And then Mike came in and took the last pitching slot, out of fucking nowhere.

"It wasn't just that, though," Jess said, lighting another smoke. "I mean, I needed the spot, had to work toward a scholarship if I wanted to go to NYU," his dream, even at thirteen, "And Mike sure as shit didn't need the money. But he just...changed. I never really liked him but he'd bulked up and become a real asshole. Got a couple of goons that followed him around like he was God. I was sure he was roiding up."

A wry sigh. "That wasn't it. But I didn't find out until later. Two years," he said around another sigh, "He made me his bitch for two fucking years. I don't know why me, I really hadn't done anything to him outside of ignore him," and maybe that'd been it, who knew?

"Anyway," he hit his smoke, "It all came to a head in the locker room one night after practice. It was just me," he looked down at himself and laughed humorlessly. "I've filled out since I was fifteen." Which meant he'd been even more bean polish. I had my bag and," another laugh that went sharp, "I stabbed him with a fucking pen." Another harsh laugh as he looked at Janos. "My whole fucking life ruined because of a fucking pen. How asinine is that?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "Baseball and writing, that was my life. So my dad gets me this really fancy pen set for my birthday, right? Silver. Real silver. Like I knew. I was just trying to get him off of me, but he was dead and his dudes were gone faster than I could blink. I ran. I didn't know what to do."

He leaned onto his elbow. "I didn't leave town, that was never the plan, I just...needed to think of a way to tell my folks I'd killed someone. My life was over, I thought. I was right, just not about the why."

"One of my dads was Fire Chief. Not so big a deal but he was very good buddies with the Police Chief. Moline's not Chicago, it's a smallish town, a kind of crossroads for four other towns. There was a Master, but you didn't hear about him a lot. He called Leopards, though, and that and the fact that there wasn't a Clan or Pack - too small, they all tended to go toward the bigger cities I guess," he shrugged. He was jumbling facts but it was all pertinent.

"So they couldn't kill me, and the Raj couldn't be outed for infecting high school students. They took care of Mike and caught up to me the next morning. I was told to leave town, disappear, never come back, never make contact or they'd kill everyone I ever loved. I," he swallowed, "I believed him. News had me and Mike disappearing together."

His voice was choked by the time he was done and he just sort of left it hanging there, not sure what else to say. It sounded ridiculous when he said it all out loud, but it was what had happened and in a way it felt very good to get it out.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 9:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos listened, silent and wide-eyed and focused utterly on what Jesse was saying. He smoked his cigarette and listened and didn't reach out to touch Jesse until it was over. When it was, though, he dropped his cigarette into the mop bucket and reached out, got hold of Jesse's hip and pulled him in closer. "You know now that they were full of shit, though. That they don't have that kind of power, not now. Maybe they would have then, when you were fifteen, but not now. Not with Seattle's Clan behind you, they wouldn't dare move against you or your parents."

And with that said, he went on to what was actually the most important but less urgent thing. "You didn't know, Jesse. It wasn't your fault. Not killing him, not leaving your parents. You were victimized. And that you survived long enough to understand that makes you amazing." He didn't push it right then, words weren't going to fix this.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 9:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jesse let his head fall in a way that spoke clearly of shame. He didn't know that, at all. He'd been an idiot, running away. That's what he knew now that he hadn't then. They'd counted on him being a dumb kid and he'd fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Looking up, he asked, "How do I explain it to them?" he asked. How on Earth could he make it right? They'd mourned him. The whole fucking city, him and Mike both. He'd seen it because there for a while it'd made the national news.

That, really, was what it boiled down to. In a lot of ways he was still a dumb kid and he believed, fully, that his folks would never forgive what he'd put them through.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |