Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

taking care of you, katherine | dante
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Jan 18 2013, 10:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 257

The nest was broken. it was the best and only way to describe it. Katherine didn't know them all to well but they were still her adoptive nest and she would miss nedra and Tuan, the two members who had lost their lives to power hungry wolves. Indiana was barely there any more. She stopped by and katherine knew she was still sharing a bed with Dante but their pain was so absolute that they barely spoke. It was horrible to feel the coldness coming off them, but at the same time who could blame them. They had lost a child before he could even take breath.

Indiana had thrown herself into work. she barely slept and when she did it didn't seem to be good. But she had Matheus and Lucien to support her so Katherine turned her attention to dante who didn't seem anyone who he could lean on for support. Katherine knew they weren't close, she didn't know everything about the man but since meeting they had hung out and become friends. And Katherine had decided to stick it out in Seattle until Dante told her to go away.

Dante was sitting with the last remaining egg in the nursery. He had been at Moons earlier that night and when he came home, he had left his jacket over the couch and just sat there, watching the egg. When Katherine had first gotten here she had seen Indiana and dante sitting over the egg, murmuring to each other and looking happy. Now dante sat alone and he looked fragile.

Katherine brought up some food, sure he hadn't eaten yet. She sat on the floor, further from the egg because she didn't want him to feel threatened. "I brought you some food." she whispered. The room was like a library, a place to be respectful and quiet, a spell cast over the space to give it a kind power all on its own. "How was Moons?" she asked, just wanting to get him talking.

A SNAKE THAT CAN NOT SHED ITS SKIN WILL DIE
+++++++++++
KATE
+++++++++++

FASHION

SNAKE SHIFTER

NEST LOYAL

TWENTY TWO

FREELANCE

SINGLE

HERE TO STAY

| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 5:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Fay

Member No.: 88

He'd come home from Moon's, less stressed in some aspects than when he'd walked through the doors, more stressed in others. He'd taken the egg with him into the bathroom while he showered and shaved, reemerging looking slightly less bum-like, with jeans and a loud t shirt, sitting in the nursery, watching his egg like the protective father he was.

He'd heard the door to the house open, listened and followed the footsteps leading up to the baby's room, and sensed Kate's snake long before she'd actually entered. "Hey Kat." He'd started calling her that as his own personal nickname. "Moon's was Moon's." He sighed. Turning from the closet, where the egg was sitting in it's basket under the heating lamp, to face her.

He didn't feel threatened by her presence. It was calming to run his snake along hers as he examined the nursery. It'd have to be redone now. The two cribs was too painful to look at every day. "Ran into a rogue snake." He had to keep talking to keep from letting the reminder of the loss overwhelm him. "Trying to decide if giving him a place to call home with us is worth battling Indi."
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 5:50 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

It was crazy how he could look so normal while being so... not normal. The guy she had met at the markets was gone and she barely saw him any more. No cracking jokes, and half the time he barely took care of himself. it was all about the egg. She knew she shouldn't be thinking it but he also looked pretty darn good like this. Broken and hurt. Katherine just wanted to make him feel good again, and while she had always found Dante nice on the eyes she would never try anything. He was part of the Kasha and Kashyapa pair. Katherine would respect that and his mourning period.

"is it ever worth battling Indiana?" Katherine asked with a smile. Indiana was quite the character and she could understand why dante would like her. And why he might sometimes hate her. Head strong and competitive. "But god knows we need the bodies." Right now the nest had four members. Herself, Dante, Indiana and Eric. "Same time, do we need outsiders right now?" She shrugged, trying to keep his mind on work so he would keep standing strong.

"Since we are talking about membership, I am going to stay. Official member of Seattle's Cobra nest. You know, if you and Indiana are happy to keep me." she really hoped he would let her stay. he had turned his back on the egg to talk to her. He trusted her enough to do that. Maybe he would want her to stay as well.

+++++++++++
KATE
+++++++++++

FASHION

SNAKE SHIFTER

NEST LOYAL

TWENTY TWO

FREELANCE

SINGLE

HERE TO STAY

| PM |
The Fay
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 6:11 AM
|QUOTE |

Member No.: 204

"We need the bodies. Don't want rogues roaming in my city. Only leads to trouble with snakes." And he'd be damned if he let even one soul remain that could be even a potential threat to his growing child.

He did crack a smile when she spoke of Indi, "no. Never is." Indiana could really get going once you managed to upset her, her headstrong and determined personality was half the reason he loved her. "But, sometimes Kashyapa Dante has to out rank Partner Dante." Partner seemed the only word to describe their relationship. Boyfriend/girlfriend didn't fit, they weren't married, he didn't know what else to call their bond.

"And of course you can stay, Kat. Need you here." Want was probably the right word, but need felt more accurate. "I just. Fuck. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore."
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 6:20 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

She chuckled lightly at the use of the word partner. She remembered his instance on them not being married the first time they had met. Katherine still firmly believed that Indiana and Dante were married, or close enough to married that Dante was being silly. they had a child, they lived together, the ruled together... it didn't get much more together then that. But she didn't bring it up again because obviously now was not the time to tell someone he had a wife even though he wore no wedding band.

"You and Indiana need to talk." They hadn't said much since the death of their son and the attack from the wolf pack. Indiana had apologised for her last words but she had gone home with Lucien while Katherine had taken Eric and Dante. Whatever relationship between Dante and Indiana was damaged but could be repaired. "Even if it is about this new snake then it is a start." Her snake didn't like the separation of her leaders.

She took a step forward and then another, offering Dante a hug if he needed it but she didn't pressure him to follow through. Katherine felt like she was overstepping some personal line she had created but she couldn't leave him like this. it was more then her friend hurting. Her king was hurt and her snake wanted that ache to stop and for life to return to normal.

+++++++++++
KATE
+++++++++++

FASHION

SNAKE SHIFTER

NEST LOYAL

TWENTY TWO

FREELANCE

SINGLE

HERE TO STAY

| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 10:04 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He hugged her, held her pressed against his chest while he spoke. "You're right. I know. Just having a hard time getting past the way she just split after the attack, ran back into Lucien's arms. Disregarding my feelings. Disregarding Shiloh's orders."

He was feeling a little abandoned, a little jealous, a little hurt, and a lot frustrated. "I don't know how to talk to her sometimes, Kat. You women..." He grinned to himself, braced for a shove or a lash of words in response to the teasing generalization.
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 5:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

he felt to good. His power, his snake, his body. She relaxed into his embrace, hugging her leader and entertaining immoral thought she would never ever never act on but was there any real harm in thinking about it. It wasn't the first time she had imagined him naked and hers. And it wouldn't be the last. She rested her head on his shoulder and let him take whatever comfort he could from the hug.

"You are fine talking to women." she told him, leaning back but not stepping out of the hug because she had a feeling that he still need the solid feel of one of his snakes with him. There were only two other snakes in the nest at the moment. "You talk to me all the time." she reminded Dante. "Indiana is a special case. She has Lucien in her head all the time, for the past what fifty years. You can't expect her to be normal" if she was normal Katherine would be more scared of her.

'Once upon a time Dante you two both wanted this, and you managed to take her from Lucien once. You will do again. She is still here with us. Indiana hasn't given up on this nest or on you. You are just both grieving right now. Obviously you give her something that the vampire can't. Indiana really loves you Dante. You will find the right way to talk to her. This nest is nothing without the pair of you. I'm not worried.' she told him with a smile and a tiny heart break because she would never get her fantasy. but she had kinda already made peace with that.

+++++++++++
KATE
+++++++++++

FASHION

SNAKE SHIFTER

NEST LOYAL

TWENTY TWO

FREELANCE

SINGLE

HERE TO STAY

| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 10:34 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You're different." He said simply enough, holding her for another minute to take in her scent, the feel of of arms, the coil of her snake, but then stepped away before things got too comfortable.

"And I still want this." A pause, mulling over her words. "I want the 'this' that we agreed upon. Building this together. Bringing our own children into it. Keeping Lucien out of her head and out of our nest. Being strong where the other is weak. I can't do that with her letting him in again. I won't."

"And once Shiloh has settled other, pressing issues, I'm sure she'll make it known that Indiana's return hasn't gone unnoticed." Was it not enough that Lucien had his other servant, his vampire ex wife, his eyes on the role of Temoin?

"I understand running back to the things you know. I've been back at Moons. But, it's different." At least, in guy-brain.
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 3:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Katherine wouldn't admit that she missed the feel of him against her but she did. It was a shame that she was looking for an excuse to cuddle up with him but snakes just didn't function like regular shifters. They were solitary in nature, only coming together to mate. which meant all her desire for Dante came from her human self and not her snake. In her eyes she thought that was worse. At least the snake didn't understand she was creeping in on someone elses man. When did animals get better morals then their human counter parts?

"maybe you need to remind Indiana of what you had before the nest." Katherine suggested, hating herself and at the same time knowing she had no other choice but to push Dante back into the arms of her leader. "Have you spoke to Shiloh about what she is doing? I know it feels like she has eyes everywhere but she is only one woman. maybe she doesn't know that Indiana is backing out of your deal." She suggested, giving dante a real plan to work with.

+++++++++++
KATE
+++++++++++

FASHION

SNAKE SHIFTER

NEST LOYAL

TWENTY TWO

FREELANCE

SINGLE

HERE TO STAY

| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 8:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I haven't spoken to Shiloh." A small laugh, "and yes, she does have eyes everywhere. Trust me."

He sighed, kneeling and then spreading out to lay down on the orange, striped rug in the center of the room, absorbing the sunlight streaming in through the windows. "I'll give Indiana time. Shiloh has bigger things going on right now." And, truth be told, if he went to the Master- he'd be going as a friend seeking advice. Not to tattle.

"And, I've been thinking about rounding up some full time security. I won't take from Moon's," although he could have a top of the line team pulled together in about five seconds if he went that route, "putting my feelers out for snakes."
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

She considered it for only a minute before she was laying down with him, letting him soak up the sun that came filtering in through the window but she got close enough that she could almost touch him. They were friends first, her attraction for him not something she wanted to get in the way of that but always there and then his status as her leader was always her last thought. She wondered if that was wrong but she couldn't help it.

"Whatever you need to do Dante I support you in it." She told him, holding her head up on her hand. "And if I can help at all just let me know and it is yours." She scooted in a little closer to him, her hand going to his hip where her hand slowly slid over the little exposure of skin. She looked up at him, licking her lips as her heartbeat felt like it was at the back of her throat. "Whatever help you need..." she whispered, inching in for a kiss but at the time time terrified that he would reject her.

And so he should. He had his partner, she couldn't compare to Indiana in any way and she didn't want too but Dante deserved more then what he was getting. If he could find some peace with her then she wanted to give him access to that.
| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 11:45 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The scent of arousal in the air was subtle, but there, as was the spark felt on his skin where she'd traced her fingers. He turned toward her, opening his eyes that he'd had shut to block out the sun, and studied her as she leaned forward.

"Kat." It was quiet and unsure, a tone not often heard from his lips, "why are you doing this?" If she was the type of girl who just liked the attention and thrill of being with a man who was spoken for, which he highly doubted, he wanted nothing to do with what she seemed to be starting.

Or, if she was offering herself to him and submitting as her snake drove her to, because she felt that is what was expected of her in her role under his leadership - he would make sure she knew that wasn't how he ran things.
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 1:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Because I like you and you deserve better then what Indiana gives you." Katherine was just honest. There was no teasing or even flirting. She had always found Dante attractive, from that very first day in the market. Since then she had come to know his personality was just as fine as the rest of him and so the crush was turning pretty deep and ridiculous.

There were days when it was just painful to see Dante and Indiana together. Because katherine thought she could love the man, really love him and not just keep him the way the other snake did. "I'm not looking to replace her Dante and know this is wrong but..." She bit her bottom lip, looking down at the carpet between them because she was embarrassed but still offering.

"I am being selfish, I know but I thought maybe you would want someone to give you something real." She went to leave, knowing she never should have gotten on the rug with him. She paused, turning back to him, half sitting up. "We can still be friends right?" she asked, Katherine didn't want to loose his friendship even if she lost his respect.
| PM |
Dante Milgram
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 6:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You're beautiful." He started, taking deep breaths to keep from letting himself get caught up in the moment, even as every fiber of his being screamed at him to take what was offered. "Smart. Kind. You understand me in ways Indiana can't."

Rolling toward her, face so close he could have kissed her without much stretch. "And I want you." The scent in the air and the wind of his cobra already giving that away. "But I can't. Not with the way things are with her. Not right now, or like this."
| PM |
Katherine Gerry
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 7:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

it would have been better if he dismissed her out of the room right away instead of turning closer to her. Stupidly she laid back down on the carpet with him and ran her hand over his arm. "it is because things are so rough right now that I think we need to be honest about this." She sighed gently. "She isn't good to you Dante, and we all know it. She knows it but doesn't stop." she stopped, biting her tongue because it wasn’t good to say thing like that about her leader.

"just forget I said anything alright." she smiled at Dante. "we don't need to make things more complicated and I am really sorry. I know better then to go after a married man but you said so yourself, you aren't married to Indiana." she tried to smile at her joke but it didn't really work. laying so close, so easily he could have kissed her and katherine actually kinda wished that he would.
| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |