Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

It's Good to be the King, Ash, Garrett and anyone who wants
Ash Garrett
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Pyrokinetic
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 20

Ash sighed and turned her head to kiss the side of Garrett's throat. Because she could. "It really is. I was afraid we were going to lose them to this one. To the chair, the loss of safety. But there they are."

She hooked her chin onto his shoulder and surveyed the room. "Jack's got his vampire, which I still don't approve of but I can't deny makes him happy. Evie's working small miracles with Dylan and Imogen. Drey has his baby and his unending relationship drama to keep him content. Joshie's a hell of a carpenter, Ryan's starting to actually express opinions. All our problem children are pulling themselves together."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 12

He sighed, sounding very put upon even as he curled his hand around the back of her neck, running his thumb over the skin there. "You pretty much just guaranteed we get a flood of new ones, love."

He waited a beat and chuckled. "Spose I prefer it that way. Otherwise life'd be too boring."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ash Garrett
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Pyrokinetic
Group Icon

She grinned at him, curling her hand comfortably around his leg. "You love it. You can mutter about duty and responsibility all you want, we all know better. And besides, there's a recruit class coming up, I'm sure there'll be some entertaining headaches in that." There always were.

user posted image
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:55 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I'm sure there will be," he said, letting her hear how he was looking forward to that.

He looked at the entrance just in time to see one of the newest come in, still on crutches. "Like that one," he nodded toward Abby, who was making her way to the bar by herself and looking like the cat that got the cream. "How much would you like to bet that Bobby expressly forbade her to come here?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ash Garrett
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:06 PM
|QUOTE |

Pyrokinetic
Group Icon

She laughed and shook her head. "No bet. She's going to make his life incredibly interesting." Ash personally approved. She was a big proponent of finding people to care for where you could, as proved by her array of adoptees. "He wants in on the conversations about the 'orphanage', by the way. I talked to him on the phone this morning because Janos fell. Nothing serious," she glanced up at Garrett, "but I had to check. Anyway, he thinks there are probably at least a handful of wolf kids still 'lost' and wants to push forward on it if we can."

user posted image
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"We're scheduled to meet with Shiloh tomorrow," he told her, the 'we' meaning she and Katie were going, too, since it was Katie's house they were looking at converting. Again.

"Speaking of," he said, pulling his phone out and waiting for Abby to pluck a pink drink off a tray, then zooming and snapping a picture, "We're not keeping Katie, you know."

He pulled his messages up and found the last one from Bobby, hit reply and simply added the picture he'd just taken then hit send. He figured words really weren't needed.

That done, he looked up at his wife to see how she was taking this news.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ash Garrett
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:23 AM
|QUOTE |

Pyrokinetic
Group Icon

"You're disturbingly good at that. Were you ever an international superspy?" She watched him digitally tattle on Abby with a grin that was more fond than scolding, because she was a sucker like that sometimes.

A nod, "I know we're not. She just needed somewhere to go for a few weeks where she'd feel completely safe and where she knew she was being loved for her and not the band. The wolves weren't going to do it, I'm sure that vampire is very nice or whatever but she didn't have the time or probably the inclination to support and cherish Katie through this, even if Katie'd been able to accept it. Which she probably wouldn't have. Court didn't have anybody to do the job either, and while Shiloh could have assigned somebody, Katie's not dumb, she'd have known it for what it was."

She leaned over and kissed the hinge of his jaw. "Another two weeks, I'd be amazed if it took that long for her to decide to strike out on her own. She's most of the way there already." She looked across the room at Katie, then glanced at her increasingly-nervous brother. "You have any interest in keeping Josh? He's awfully smart."

user posted image
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I was, yes," Garrett said of spydom, though that wasn't technically true. He'd done some pretty covert shit in his time, however, though none of it with a camera phone. "I just figure whatever comes of me sending Bobby that picture is bound to be a mountain full of amusing, and how can I pass that up?"

He wagged his brows at her gave a very non-apologetic smile, and considered everything else she said, snaking a hand out to pull her closer so he could run his jaw against her cheek. He wanted more of his scent on her.

"Thinkin' about it," he admitted. "Seems a little soft for our type, but that hasn't stopped me before." There were several rats who weren't the military type and had been infected for other reasons, like their computer skills. Josh would fall in with them. "And Katie bein' Court, it's another tie between us." The Clan could never have too many ties to Court, even with the Pack all but decimated.

Watching the scene unfold, though, he added, "He may actually explode from the uncomfortable. Dunno if he'll be able to handle the touch need."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Ash Garrett
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Pyrokinetic
Group Icon

"Hot. I knew I was close with the KGB guess." She continued the nuzzle of cheek on cheek and ended up with her lips at his throat, though she also continued the conversation as though nothing odd was going on. Which, for them, it wasn't.

"Mmm." A gentle bite. "I think he'd be an asset. And look at it this way, she's breaking him in for us. Another couple of hours of that and he'll either have an aneurysm or get over himself out of pure self-defense."

She bit again, twisting and leaning into his side so that her breasts pressed against his arm. But was distracted when Garrett's phone beeped with a text from Bobby, who claimed that he would perform covert vasectomies on two idiots of the King's choice if Garrett would have somebody keep eyes-on Abby until he could get there in an hour.

user posted image
John Garrett
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 3:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I don't think she'll break him," Garrett mused around happy bruxing, "He's way too self absorbed, even for Miri."

His phone beeped before he could say or do anything else. "That is an offer I can't refuse," he said, showing her the phone and whistling softly in Wil's direction. When the young rat came over, leaving a peeved looking Drew (always a bonus as far as the King was concerned) at the bar, Garrett smiled happily. "Congratulations, it's a girl. Again."

He nodded in Abby's direction. "She's your problem until her keeper gets here. Better hurry, she's already down half of that drink."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Wil Croft
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 3:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

While Ash was still laughing into Garrett's shoulder, Wil gave his King a sad-eyed look. "You're a cruel man, sir." But he turned and headed over to Abby's table, plucking the drink out of her hand and killing the rest of it himself as a precautionary measure.

"I'm Wil," he informed the human girl brightly. "And you're an idiot. If you want to hide from your rat guardian that you're going out and getting into trouble, don't do it by coming to a rat bar on the night they're throwing a party full of rats. It's just not well thought out."

Ash, meanwhile, had just barely gotten herself under control enough to go back to necking with Garrett, though she also had to ask if he had any candidates in mind.

user posted image
Abby Flanagan
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:06 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 277

"I am not an idiot," Abby informed Wil brightly, looking around. "God, can you believe this place? It's like Cupid threw up. Awesome."

She looked back at Wil. "I know I'm safe here. So I got to sneak out and be rebellious and not get mugged or raped. And I'll get in trouble, but I can say I saw it, right? Totally worth it. That your vampire guy?" she actually pointed at Drew, who was scowling at the both of them. "Does he have an actual stick up his ass or is that just the way he stands?"

Garrett, for his part, was laughing as he heard every word of that, even as his wife was kissing on him. "Too many," he informed her, "Narrowing it down to two may be impossible."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Wil Croft
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Then what you do is you get somebody to bring you. Because this way, Bobby's going to be descending any time now and maybe you don't think he's scary when he's mad, but I do. And, I have to point out, I'm carrying several lethal weapons."

He looked over at Drew, smiled in response to the vampire's scowl and tossed him a wink. "If he had a stick up his ass, there would be no room for anything else. Which would be tragic. He just has excellent posture."

Wil dropped down to sit at the other chair, grinning when Janos wheeled over with a beer for Wil and a ginger ale for Abby, handing the girl a rose as well from the large vase full of them that was zip-tied to the side of his wheelchair.

"Welcome," he smiled at Abby, his voice soft but audible through the buzz of the room even so. "I'm glad you like the place. I'm hoping to keep it, so please don't get us shut down by the ATF the first night? It would be awfully disappointing. But I'll send out some cheese fries and fried pickles, all right?"

He wheeled away, smiling when Wil touched his shoulder in passing, and Wil looked back at Abby. "Well, that'll teach you. Misbehave, get fried pickles. Clearly I've been doing the discipline thing wrong all these years."

user posted image
Abby Flanagan
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 277

"He's awesome and not even a little scary, he's just cantankerous," Abby defended immediately, voice fervent. And fervent in a different way as she added, "Ew," at what he'd said about Drew's ass.

But then it completely backfired on him as she got enthusiastic about it. "Can people really just like, use spit for - " but she was cut off by Janos.

Glowering but taking a long drink of the ginger ale because something in the pink drink had burned, she told the hyena, "The ATF does not descent on bars because of one minor," with a good dose of eye rolling. Then recovered, sort of bouncing in her seat, but gingerly like, because her hip was still messed up. "Pickles and fries, awesome. Extra ranch!" she called after him.

"How do you do it?" she asked Wil, then gave him a skeptical look. "You have a kid? Have you even graduated High School?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Wil Croft
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:47 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Wil was still blinking and trying to decide whether to give her an honest answer on the spit-as-lube issue when she bounced off conversationally to less-rocky waters and he followed gratefully. "His cantankerousness has a body count. And you'd be amazed how much more attentive government agencies are to license violations in openly monster-run businesses. And generally I make the twelve year old run laps or take away her gun."

He took a hit of his beer, wondering whether Bobby might not have gotten in a bit over his head with this one. "And no, I dropped out of high school when I got infected, but that was a long time ago. The younger you are when you get infected, the more likely that you stay looking young a long time. Something about changes to the growth hormones or whatever, that's one reason we mostly don't like to infect before eighteen." This being a technique that he absolutely had learned from Tish, overwhelming a kid with answers in return for their overwhelming questions. It either stemmed the tide or got them asking even more questions, and thus not trying to drink hot-pink booze or what have you.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |