Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

There's Always Room for Work, Josh/Miri
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 285

Always the curious type, always wanting to learn everything about everything, Josh asked, "Are the stories about the sithens true? The whole beauty and brutality thing? Was coming to live out here...a culture shock?" He couldn't think of any other way to phrase it.

Having noted the way she'd relaxed, he kept up the petting as he asked his questions, still stiff about it, still feeling weird petting on someone he'd just met in a way that most people only did when they were intimately involved with someone, but he was starting to get used to it just enough to enjoy it.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 65

"They're true." She snuggled against Josh, far more comfortable than she'd been five minutes before. "You have to understand, it's almost impossible to kill a fae. It can be done, but you have to work at it. And we live for not hundreds but thousands of years. That's a long time for people to develop their cruelties and exaltations."

She brushed her cheek against his hair. "Coming out here, it took me two years to figure out that humans really are just that honest. And people laugh at me when I say that, but to me you're fantastically, amazingly honest about what you think and feel. I love it. The sithens are beautiful, intense, so magically-charged that you get a contact high just being there. But I'll take the lands of Mil any day."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 3:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I don't have to understand," he informed her, trailing his fingers under he hair to play at the back of her neck, feeling like he was overstepping somehow even as he pressed on, "Mostly because I don't think I could understand it if you painted actual pictures. Too far outside of my scope, but that's cool. I can at least say I know someone who started over in a whole new sort of world." The way he was thinking of doing.

"It's a start."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 4:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She smiled at him, pressed up against his chest with an intimacy that actually passed the touch-need threshold, but as Josh didn't know that she went ahead with it. "Glad it helps?" A little laugh, she gave his hair a gentle tug just to see if he liked it.

"You have other questions? About the life, or the city politics, or whatever? I'll answer honestly, which is more than almost anybody else can guarantee."

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

It was like cuddling with a girlfriend. If your girlfriend was a poodle, or something. No one Josh had ever dated - seriously or casually - had ever sat in his lap like this. Or tugged at his hair.

He gave a soft, surprised grunt and frowned at her, mostly in confusion. What the hell was that? Weirder, why was he leaning into it?

"Why does Katie have to belong to the Court, and if she does, why am I under the Clan's protection? Why do I even need protection?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:33 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A low, pleased hum and Miri got her fingers deep into Josh's hair, playing them along his scalp with a bare scritching of chewed-down fingernails. "Katie belongs to the Court because she doesn't trust the Pack any more and because she already worked for the Court, it made for a logical choice. She can't belong to nobody, there are no rogues allowed in Seattle. It destabilizes the political landscape to have poeple operating independently without any accountability. So Shiloh ends up taking on most of the people who would otherwise end up rogue, working out what level of involvement can work for them."

"And you're under the rats because when you got here Katie was staying with them, so it made sense for them to claim you. If you stay and don't go for infection, Shiloh and Garrett will sit down and decide who's going to claim you in the long term, meaning which one of them is responsible for getting you out of trouble if you fall into it and which of them has the right to get you involved in their organization."

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 7:47 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

His eyes were half closed, face pleased and relaxed in way that Miri would have no way of knowing was damned near miraculous as he wondered why no one had ever played with his hair like this before.

His voice was actually mellow as he asked, "All the while realizing that I'm an actual person, right?" ruining the way the question was supposed to be a jibe.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:02 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Nobody forgets that, even if it sounds like we do when we're talking about it." She kept petting and stroking, working diligently and with considerable skill to attempt to melt him down into a puddle. "It's whistling past the graveyard, we're all incredibly aware of how fucked up it is to treat people as pawns and assets, but it's a part of the political reality and so we make it sound easy and fun rather than admitting that there's not a leader in this town that's never asked themselves what the hell gives them the right."

Her thumbs brushed the hinges of his jaw as her fingers took a secure grip on his hair. Not tugging, but holding. "The system protects individuals. At least it does when it's not abused. Which, it gets abused. Of course it does. But at least right now, when it comes to you and Katie, it's being played square."

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Mm," he said, taking that all in and retaining it, but feeling far too good to waste it by interrupting with anything as silly as words, having a feeling that Miri gave one hell of a back rub.

He managed to open one eye a little bit further, noting as he did that his arms were now around her waist, not remembering doing that at all, and asked, "Did you drug me? You did, didn't you?" He didn't really believe it, but he hadn't felt this unwound since he was about six. No, not even then.

He'd been born type A.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She smiled at him, drowsy-eyed and content. "Not even a little bit. Christ, Josh, how long has it been since you let someone touch you? It's not just fairies and fuzzies who need physical contact."

She bent her head and pressed a kiss to his temple, soft and with an affection that was real, if unearned. "It's all right," she murmured. "You're entitled to feel good once in a while."

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 8:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"People touch me," he defended, then laughed. "There is no good way to say that out loud and not sound creepy. Lesson learned."

He pulled back a little, looking at her even as one hand flattened itself against her back. "I know how to feel good."

He didn't know why it was so important she know that, but suddenly it was. He wasn't just some stick in the mud and he wouldn't have her thinking so.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 9:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She couldn't help but laugh at the declaration and then immediate lesson-learned. And she was still smiling at him as she said, "Okay. You know how to feel good," and then kissed him.

Soft, slow, no sloppy tongue or grinding into him. But a kiss the way you kiss someone you love, all tenderness and happy pleasure while her fingers continued to play and tug at his hair.

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 9:17 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Josh had been there for every single part of his siblings' careers. Every concert, every after party, every signing and impromptu barbecue. All of it and everything that came with it and even so, this was quite possibly the strangest night he'd ever had.

That didn't stop him from kissing her back, though, just as soft as she was kissing him, which was kissing in a way he'd just about never done, hands going around her waist, splaying across the bare skin under the vest, not sure if he was holding on or what. All he knew was that the kiss was as nice as the way she'd been touching him, maybe even better. And weird. So fucking weird.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Miri Hughes
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 9:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

When the moment came, she let the kiss break. Smiled at him from inches away and ran one knuckle down his cheek in a gentle caress. "You kiss very nicely. I like it." She smiled a little wider, looking for all the world like she was totally unaware of how many people in the room were paying attention to them. The only one she actually worried about what Katie, who wasn't in her field of vision but she'd seen glaring earlier. But most of her attention was on Josh, watching him for his reaction.

user posted image
Josh Gaines
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 9:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He could feel his sister shooting daggers with her eyes at his back, or Miri, or both and ignored it.

"Thank you," he said, just as politely, but had to tell her, "But that's not how I kiss. That's how you kiss. This," he pulled her close again, "Is how I kiss."

It wasn't rough, really, but harder, more intense, which couldn't be much of a surprise, and very, very thorough. When he felt as though he'd demonstrated enough, and needed to breathe, and stop himself from doing something stupid in front of a room full of people, he pulled back. "Just so you know."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |