Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Just Remember to Breathe, Alice/Oryn
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 290

She shook her head. "I just can't picture it. But it'd be fun to see." Alice turned her head to see Oryn better and smiled at him. "Who else in here is worth watching? Most people are, what would you call it, 'in the community', aren't they? So do you know most of them, or is it not that tight-knit?" She was trying to get a sense of how this all worked, in a learn-by-doing kind of way.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 84

He led her to a table, getting her seated and then sitting down across from her, where he immediately started playing with one of her hands as he looked around.

"I'm a low level player, so I don't know a lot of people here," he told her as he did so, "Not personally anyway. But I know who a lot of people here are. Like there," he nodded toward a back corner, "Is the rat King and his wife. She's a pyro, not a rat, though word is once their done having kids she'll be going rodent."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She followed his gaze and sighed, running her palm against his. "Are all of you just ridiculously good-looking? Does that come with the infection, like magical plastic surgery, or what?" Looking back at Oryn, she grinned. "I gotta admit, when I was reading the books I thought the descriptions of physical perfection were a little over the top. But apparently that's just a side effect of lycanthropy."

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She'd just lumped him in with Garrett, with a straight face. Or, well, sincerely anyway.

He had no idea what to do with that, so he shook his head. "Not everyone," he defended, like being good looking was a sin, "I mean, look at that guy," he pointed to a guy he didn't know, unaware he was Katie Gaines' brother, as he crossed the floor trailing behind Miri Hughes, "He's funny looking." A beat as he caught the scent. "Oh, nevermind, he's human. But if he wasn't," he finished weakly, "He'd be a funny looking shifter."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:49 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"That," she spoke with all the confidence of one who kept up with the gossip sites religiously, "is Joshua Gaines, brother of Katie," who she had recognized and had not at all gone up to fangirl at, "and Eddie Gaines, from Phalanx. He's allowed to be funny looking, he's show business. Their manager or agent or something."

She looked around, and nodded toward where Evelyn Simons was holding court with a small handful of male rats. "Look at that lot? It's unfair. Give a girl a complex." Though it wasn't like she stopped playing with his fingers, or in fact didn't start tracing the lines of his palm with a fingertip in one of those strange intimacies of first datedom.

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oh," Oryn said, with the air of someone who didn't really care, because the band wasn't one he fanboyed, "I thought she only had the one brother."

When she looked over to where Evie was sitting with other members of who he called the 'Chicago Crew', he said, "I know, right?" because he often felt that way surrounded by the likes of Ben and Collin and Clay.

Then, realizing that he was agreeing with her, shook his head swiftly. "No, not like that. I mean, you're way prettier than she is," and he looked earnest because he actually believed that. "I meant me. Oh, God, please go out with me again?" He was suddenly terrified that she'd walk out.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 2:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

No lie, there'd been a little sting when he agreed so easily. The kind of thing she'd have been able to talk herself out of later, after giving herself a little scold about asking leading questions and so on. But how quickly he moved to unsay it was comforting. And endearing. Especially that last little bit and instead of having to plaster on a smile she found herself laughing and gripping his hand again.

"It's okay. That was a dangerous subject to start with anyway, too much room for misunderstanding or whatever. But I definitely want to go out with you again. And I personally think you're hot." She really did. Not hot like the Rat King he'd pointed out to her, but nerdhot, which she was very much into.

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He flushed. "Well, good, then," he said, stammering a bit because Oryn did not do well with compliments, obviously. He was also wishing he'd not chosen to sit across from her.

Not knowing what else to do, he pointed again, back to Joshua Gaines. "That girl he's with is the Master of the City's servant. One of them, she has two." As they were all over the news, he figured it was okay to be telling Alice. Of course, with all the media attention, he added, "But you probably knew that already."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:51 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She beamed at him, but also accepted the change of subject. "Ohh," she sighed a little at the sight. "The fae one? I didn't recognize her. Wow." She shook her head, "I've never really seen a faeblood in person. She's..." with no idea how to find the word, she (inevitably) laughed. "Beyond gorgeous and I'd be afraid to touch her for fear she'd burn my fingers." A weird description, but it was how she felt.

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He laughed because she was. It was just so infectious and one of his favorite things about her, so far. "You wouldn't have to touch her," he informed her, nodding at the Miri and Josh. "Look how uncomfortable he is."

It wasn't actually that obvious, the man was doing a decent job of hiding it. But Oryn had been professionally people watching for a long time and was an expert at picking up cues when he wasn't emotionally invested in what they meant. "I'd bet cash money that he's only just met her and she's making him twitch on purpose."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Really?" She giggled with it. "Should we go rescue him, or just let him suffer?" She was back to playing with his fingers, curling her fingers around them and releasing, tracing the lines of his scars.

Taking another sip of bright pink drink, she let the questions just happen. "Is your, um, Raj going to be here tonight? And when do I get to see a draft of the current story? Don't even tell me there isn't one, I know better. I can tell sometimes when we're IMing, you get writey brain and start using more adjectives but worse punctuation."

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 1:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"He's on his own," Oryn said, because he was not moving right now, not when she was playing with his hands the way she was.

"I don't know," he said, tone saying it had just occurred to him that he had no idea if Collin and Rin were coming or not. "I didn't think to ask. I know my friend Clay was staying with some of the Pard, Collin may be going there instead." Collin had been spending a lot of time with as many people as he could, staying at the hotel and everything, so it wouldn't surprise him.

"It's not a story," he told her then. "Er, it is, but it's the first one. I'm working on the screenplay." He'd won the battle on rights to do the screenplay, and he was buying his lawyer and agent cars to thank them. Or, at least, fruit baskets. Really big fruit baskets. "I've never done one before, so it's taking some getting used to."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Her eyes widened, excitement rising just that quickly. "Wow. How's it coming? Have you heard anything more about casting or where it'll be shot? Will you get to go be there for the filming?" She curled her fingers around his in a quick squeeze, bit her bottom lip like it would somehow contain the smile. "I don't know how you've managed to keep it quiet so long. I would be screaming it from the rooftops. Or, you know, tweeting about it in all caps. A lot."

user posted image
Oryn Blake
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He laughed at the barrage of questions. "Slowly, it's going slowly, I kinda have no idea what I'm doing, but I fought so hard to get the rights to write it that I'm afraid to ask for help now, like the studio'll slap me down for it, and they might. They're scouting locations now and I haven't heard on casting yet. I do get to be there, yes."

He thought that was all of them.

"Um, I haven't actually told anyone outside of a very few people what I do. Most of the Pard thinks I just do the bartending thing."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Alice Vance
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:46 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She shook her head again, never letting go of his hands. She was getting some of her courage from the fact that everybody around them was being more touchy-feely than in a normal bar, even on a night like Valentine's. Some of it just came from the fact that he was letting her and seeming to even like it.

"I don't know why. I mean, I know why," it wasn't hard to figure out, "but from everything you've told me your pard has a lot of really good people in it. Accepting, supportive. And what you do is extraordinary, you're one of a tiny percentage of writers who make more than a bare living on it. I just...maybe I'm biased, but I think it's cool, and I think that they'd think so too."

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |