play dates, ryan | ariel
Ariel Davien
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 3:58 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 275

Ariel hated working on the week days because they were boring. She much rather liked working on the weekends because it was easy to look busy. But on the nights were Many Moons was almost dead just drove her nuts. Finally she had her break time and she found herself sitting in the staff kitchen alone, and now she had a small room to stand around and be bored in instead of pacing hallways. Oh fun.

She got her cell out and was planning on playing some fruit crush saga to kill her break while drinking tea but her finger hovered over the message icon. It wasn't the first time she thought about texting Ryan. Phone calls were out. She knew with her own life she preferred texting because they didn't take forever. And most importantly you could ignore them until you had time to answer them. So she figured Ryan appreciated the same perks.

The hard part wasn't texting him. The hard part was did she want him to know that she knew about the exchange between him and Rachel. A text was only a hundred and forty characters. How much could she really say in just that many little letters. Sighing she put her phone down and dumped her empty mug, rinsing it and adding it to the dish washer before coming back to her seat. hey it is Ariel. The lion Ariel made a face and started again. Hey Ryan, it's Ariel. Hope Rachel didn't scare you off. I know it might seem a little stupid but I guess it is just a sign they care, and really you can't judge them for acting out of love right?

Worse. Definitely worse. hey there my sexy one. I miss you and your perfect tongue she giggled at herself and deleted it before there was a risk of sending it. She looked around and she was still alone. Finally she stopped giggling and got serious. "hey Ryan. it's Ariel. We still on for the show down on Sunday. 4 v 4." She looked down at the text with a critical eye before hitting send. Yeah that was the best way. get to business and don't waste his time.

MEMORIES ARE BULLETS. SOME WHIZ BY AND ONLY SPOOK YOU. OTHERS TEAR YOU OPEN AND LEAVE YOU IN PIECES .
+++++++++++
ARIEL
+++++++++++

FASHION
WORK PLACE CASUAL

LION SHIFTER
LOYAL TO SHILOH

KARATE INSTRUCTOR
CALL ME FOR A QUOTE

TWENTY FOUR

SINGLE
AND LOOKING

VOLUNTEER

| PM |
Ryan Kolesar
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 12:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 218

The text from Ariel put Ryan in a bit of a quandary. After the confrontation with the rat in the parking lot, he'd gone ahead and asked around, gotten the lion's real story. And the truth was, he basically hadn't intended to call her again. He understood complicated relationships, and didn't have anything against them in the abstract, but that was a level of baggage that he wasn't ready to take on. Ariel was a sweet girl, and the sex had been grand, but he already had more going on in his life than he could handle. Adding in a girl with an insanely protective cadre of trained security personnel and the possibility of her having some kind of psychotic break and turning into an unstoppable personality-less killing machine was more than he felt ready to deal with.

And so when the message came through, he ended up staring at it for a while, then putting his phone back into his pocket without answering it while he ran a couple of exams and considered. The temptation was to put her off, answer with some validish excuse and keep postponing until she got the hint. But in the end he wouldn't be that guy. Games, lies, it wasn't cool. Better to take it on the chin.

CODE
Don't think that's gonna work out. Rivalry will have to continue at previous passive-aggressive levels.

He hit SEND and stared at the screen for a minute, feeling like a dick. But this was theoretically the decent way to do things, right? It felt like shit, so probably.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Ariel Davien
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 2:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She was back on duty when she felt the vibration in her bra. Standing in a corridor she pulled it out and had to read the text twice before she put the phone back where it went and started walking again, thinking about the text. He wasn't blowing her off exactly just the team sport. But he didn't try and make plans for another get together. She knew he was to good for her to have. But she did think they could fool around for a bit before he blew her off. Walking around Many Moons casually enough, just being a seen sign of the guards Shiloh kept Ariel trying to think of what to say back.

It was maybe twenty minutes before she pulled her phone out again. Biting her bottom lip her thumbs poised over the keypad she leant back against the wall before she wrote her reply.
fair call free sometime this week to listen to records?
She read it over, feeling like he was probably going to say he was busy but she had to try. He had blown off a group date but would he blow off good music and more sex? Ariel hit send before she stuffed the phone bck down her bra and went back to walking around and looking impressive.

MEMORIES ARE BULLETS. SOME WHIZ BY AND ONLY SPOOK YOU. OTHERS TEAR YOU OPEN AND LEAVE YOU IN PIECES .
+++++++++++
ARIEL
+++++++++++

FASHION
WORK PLACE CASUAL

LION SHIFTER
LOYAL TO SHILOH

KARATE INSTRUCTOR
CALL ME FOR A QUOTE

TWENTY FOUR

SINGLE
AND LOOKING

VOLUNTEER

| PM |
Ryan Kolesar
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 4:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 218

Goddamnit, he'd been too delicate. The thought of being even more blunt about it made him squirm mentally, nobody likes being the bad guy. On the other hand, he vividly remembered that girl that Collin had dated for four months in college because he basically had been too nice to tell her No in terms strongly enough for her to listen to. He and Joshie still regularly sent Coll Overly Attached Girlfriend memes, the resemblance was uncanny.

He had a few minutes before his next appointment and headed to the break room to pour a cup of coffee and think. Ryan stared at the blank white screen for long enough that the M.A. had to come find him. "Yeah," he mumbled, "sorry." He typed with his thumbs, rapid and clumsy.

CODE
don't think it's a good idea. see you around moons sometime maybe.

That may have still been too indecisive, but he could only make himself be so mean. He popped an Altoid to get rid of the coffee breath and washed his hands again, then headed to deal with his next patient of the day.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Ariel Davien
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 9:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She read the text and slumped heavy against the wall, her head going back lightly because she didn't want to make a hole in the wall but god fucking dammit. She looked down at the phone in her hand but sent back nothing because what could she say. thanks for the memories? Shaking her head she replaced her phone in her bra before she got to anger and ended up breaking the stupid thing. "Fuck." she swore softly, biting her top lip as she looked up and down the empty hallway.

It wasn't really Ryan she hated, he just happened to be the last in many guys who came for the fun and then decided she wasn't worth their time. She had just thought maybe Ryan would be different because he had been more into pleasuring her then the other way around. She guessed the text was proof enough but still... it confused her that he wouldn't even be interested in a friends with benefit thing. He seemed really into it, and they parted without drama. Was Rachel really that scary? It would have been nice to have a boyfriend for her birthday instead of spending it alone again.

Pushing herself off the wall Ariel headed down the hall to find Cael. This needed to stop. She had been standing by and taking all his over protective shit for weeks but now it really was starting to mess with her life and as much as she loved the man he needed to realised two things. He was not her father and she was twenty five in two weeks. Time to cut the umbilical cord. Ryan was a lost cause and she wouldn't be contacting him again but what about the next guy? Or the one after him? She couldn't have Cale and Rachel dictating her life. It wasn't fair.

She found Cael at the main entrance, talking quietly to one of the other guards but Ariel could see from his body language that nothing dire was happening. if anything they looked a little to casual and if Cael had found her gossiping with guards while on duty she would get in trouble. it just fuelled her double standard. "Can I talk to you?" Ariel said pleasantly and Cael nodded.
"What's wrong?" he asked and reached out but she stepped around from him.
"some where without an audience." There was no way this was going down in privacy, but they could at least pretend.

cael closed the break room door behind him and stuck his hands in his pockets. There could be a hundred reasons why she was upset. Boys, work, someone finally told her the truth that all the good things she remembered were false and her entire personality was a construction of the fae... Cael hoped it was boys. It seemed like the lesser of three evils. They looked at each other until finally Ariel sighed. "I'm moving out of the apartment."
Cael frowned. "I won't allow it."
'it isn't your choice"
"Yes it is"
"why?" Ariel demanded with her arms crossed under her bust as she looked at Cael with open challenging.
"because Ariel, I am..." He stumbled over the word. "I am you guardian." he finished lamely.
"I'm twenty four Cael."
"You don't understand..."
'What I don't understand id why can't you trusts me? You let me go out after dark for years, left me home alone while you were working all the time and now I can barely leave Moons without you sending shadows after me. You think I didn’t notice them? You trained me to be the very best." She accused and cael could only look down at his feet. What could he say to that?

Apparently Ariel was waiting for a response but when he opened his mouth to speak, there were no words only half assed gestures of an apology. "I'm sorry Ariel but the answer is no."
She gave a growl that sounded more lion then human as she took an angry step towards him. "I am ending this now cael. Don't make this worse." she warned him and now the man was getting angry.
"You have no idea what you are talking about Ariel."
"I know more then you think." Cael blinked, wondering could she had pieced together enough... "I know you and rachel are working together for some damned reason to ruin my life. Who gave either of you the authority to go behind my back and talk to Ryan huh? He got me Cael. We like the same music and cheesy toast. He wasn't scared of the scars or the things that make me odd. He thought I was fun until Rachel had to go and fuck it up." He pointed him in the chest. "On your orders I am betting."
"Ryan didn't care about you."
"How could you even know that?" Ariel demanded. The door tried to open and she slammed it closed. "Occupardo." she shouted before turning those angry eyes back on Cael. "You didn't even give him a chance to decide."

"if he cared it wouldn't have mattered what we said." That stopped Ariel and she faltered, tears creeping into her eyes as Cael's words stung.
"What's so wrong about me?" she asked and Cael tried to bring her into a hug but she pushed him away, shaking her head. "it doesn't matter Cael because it shouldn't have been an option for him anyway. To deal with crazy parental type figures to spend time with me. And Ryan isn't the only one. You don't approve of anyone I date."
"The world is a scary place Ariel. I am just trying to protect you from it."
"I thought that was what the training was for." she shot at him and the male lion was stunned back into silence once again. "No more Cael. No more sending stalkers after me, or warning guys away from me. No more making my work near your stations. Just enough alright." She wiped the angry tears from her eyes as she watched him.

"I can't promise that." He said honestly.
"Then I leave Moons. I can find work someone else. I hear Adrianne is hiring." Cael's eyes narrowed as she threw the vampires name out there. Ariel knew exactly how to press his buttons and he hated that. "Or maybe I can go to Gigi. He has been looking for dancers." They were just threats, Ariel could never do it but in that heated moment anything was possible and Cael felt that heavy burden.
"Don't change rooms.' he tried for a compromise but Ariel stood firm on that. Finally Cael sighed. "One day you will see all I was doing was trying to keep you safe. Keep you innocent."
Ariel smiled softly, barely a curl of lips. "I lost my innocence a long time ago." she told him and pulled the break door opened where a small crowded had gathered Rachel there in front of her.
"Ariel, Cael..."
"shut the fuck up Rachel. Him I get but you? You are not my mother, you mean nothing to me. You are just another person I work with and Cael isn't even fucking you so why the hell are you steppin' in my business?" Rachel blocked the hit and grabbed Ariel by the throat, spinning and pinning the girl to the wall.
"Now you listen to me sweetheart." Rachel leant in close as the crowd watched, people to stunned to do much. "Cael is a good man." Ariel didn't struggle. She knew exactly what to do and the the right hit of her palm against the womans chest in a stiff blow she was released as Rachel had the breath knocked out of her.
"never said he wasn't Rachel. But he is my good man. And how I deal with him is no ones business but mine." She turned to the gathered crowed. "that goes for all of you. This is my life, and what I choose to do in it is no one elses business but mine so butt the hell out of it." cael stepped out of the crowd and Ariel turned away from him, stalking down the hall to see if she could speak to Rah about a spare room, if not here then maybe one of the apartment blocks nearby that were under the masters rule.

Cael sighed, watching Ariel until she turned and was gone. "Alright people come on, Back to work." he shooed them away and slowly they started to disappear. Only ten or so individuals but in the small hallway the crowd had seemed much bigger. Rachel stood by Cael. "Sorry." She put a hand on his shoulder for support.
The man just nodded. "Enough people warned me about it Rach. I just didn't listen to them and now look? Ariel is moving out and threatening to leave Moons."
"Might be good for her, so she can see how much you do for her."
Cael shrugged and Rachel's hand fell from his shoulder. "I rather she not have to learn anything the hard way."
"We could talk to Miri, see about contacting the fae..."
Cael turned to her suddenly. "No. I rather she hate me then be what she was, trapped inside her own head."
Rachel put her hands up in a defensive gesture. "Alright, alright. Just thinking out loud." She told him and cael nodded.
"Get back to your station Rachel. And never put your hands on my girl again." Cael's eyes gave the words weight and Rachel took a meek step backwards.
"Are you going to be alright?"
Cael nodded. "But first you have work to do." He walked off in the direction that Ariel had gone, leaving Rachel outside the break room.
| PM |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |