Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Family Meeting, Bobby/Wil/Abby
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 261

She pulled a face but nodded. "Okay," she said before laying her head back. "Thanks." And then she closed her eyes. She didn't think she'd sleep, but she was suddenly real tired and figured they'd wanna talk. "Nice to meet you, Uncle."

"Shove it, kid," Wil said, but he was grinning as he went into the kitchen to grab himself another beer, expecting Bobby would follow, if nothing else but to get the kid the Advil. He'd wait.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 7:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 260

Bobby did follow, both to get her a couple of ibuprofen and half a Vicodin and to get that minute alone with Wil.

While he was running a glass of water for Abby, he looked over at his brother, somewhere between defensive and worried. "She's a good kid." Like that was some kind of explanation.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"That's apparent," Wil said with a nod, keeping his voice low because he didn't trust that kid not to have bat ears. "You sure about taking something like this on?" he asked, because that was really the only question he had that mattered.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:22 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A helpless shrug. "No? But I'm doing it. I told you how I found her, sleeping in bus stations. And I've talked to Jesse Davenport and Eli Fisher often enough to know that it was half a miracle she hadn't been attacked yet, just a matter of time. So now she's here, and if I'm not ready I figure that puts me about even with most other parents. I just skip the diapers."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 8:31 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Wil pulled a face at the mention of diapers. God that was a disgusting way to raise a person, all trapped in their own filth. "Okay then, I'm in," he said, because as far as he was concerned, they did shit like this together.

"The next time she sneaks out, call me," he then told him. "Squad cars can put the fear of God into a kid."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 9:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Bobby laughed. "I'll do that. God knows she's not afraid of much else." He got his water. "Okay, let me take her these pills. She doesn't think she's exhausted, but she is."

He headed out to the living room, watched Abby take the pills, and covered her up with an afghan and told her to pretend to sleep so he could talk to Wil, trusting her to be out like a light within ten minutes.

Coming back to rejoin Wil, Bobby got a beer of his own and sat down at the kitchen table. "Christ. I'm out of my mind, you know. Sane men don't voluntarily decide to spend more time with teenaged girls."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:29 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yes, you are because no, they don't," Wil said with a shake of his head, but he'd come up the same way Bobby had, even if he'd gone back to live with their mother after a time (and that was actually worse than the home), and he couldn't quite imagine leaving her to foster care, either. And he'd only just met her.

"You know they're organizing a home for the orphaned," he pointed out, because in the interest of their working relationship and disclosure, Miri had told him about the plan. Also, it was clear, she'd been hoping he could help in the roundup of the strays. But still, he had to throw it out there, even as he knew Bobby would turn it down and he didn't really blame him.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 12:06 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I know. Abs and I are helping with that." Which was all the answer there needed to be, really. "It's kinda her idea. She's not the only wolf kid that got lost, it's what got us searching."

He looked at the door to the living room, "It'll do her good to help pull it together. Feel like she's in control of something after it all got stripped away from her." He took a pull on his own beer, "They've found three so far, and they think four more that they're still trying to locate."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 12:42 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Wil took his glasses off, rubbing at his eyes. "What a mess," he said, because the whole thing was. It was a hell of thing to walk into, but he'd thought the worst of it had passed.

"It is a good thing. A sense of control over things you have no control over, even in peripheral ways, can really help." And God knew, he was an expert on the subject.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded. "It makes the the crutches harder on her, constraining her like this. And since it looks like she's well enough to be up and around, I guess I should start taking her to the Compound more."

"How's the team shaping up? You found anybody there you think is worth working with?" It had seemed to go in cycles back in Boston, a lot of times the best cops got rotated back out of RPIT after a few months.

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Scattered, right now," Wil said, putting his glasses back on and giving Bobby a look he'd seen a billion times before. Wil didn't have a lot of faith in a lot of other cops. Especially not on RPIT, and with good reason. Most didn't want to be there and didn't take the job seriously.

"Right now I'm working alone, but I have to pick a partner soon or one'll be chosen for me." This was not going to end well.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Oh Lord. "Nobody even close to working? Anybody with decent hands, even?" Their conversations were so weird, but Bobby knew his brother's triggers and the hands thing was one of the places that decent working relationships started for Wil.

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 1:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"No," Wil said crankily, "And I'm running out of options fast. I'll figure something out, or the L-T will." Those were really his only two option.

"You get another Doc in yet?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Not yet." He grimaced. "Apparently there's a snake in town that's a doctor, but he's never contacted us. Moss is working on his contacts, says he might know some people, but I think that's just guilt because he feels like he shouldn't be taking time off to be Nimir-Raj. I think I'm going to have to start tapping people, but nobody's rising to the top of my mental list right now."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 6:57 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Put feelers out on the network?" he asked, though he was sure Bobby had or was about to. "Gotta be a doctor in one of the cities that's looking for a change, and Seattle has a decent rep. And considering the way you nearly came when you saw the facilities, send pictures with your inquiries," he added blandly.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |