Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Family Meeting, Bobby/Wil/Abby
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 3:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 261

They were supposed to meet for dinner, neither of them having plans for Valentine's Day, so that Wil could meet Bobby's new charge. A teenaged girl, which Wil just could not quite wrap his mind around.

Just as he'd been about to leave the pen, though, and head to the Market, Bobby'd called and redirected him to his house, saying Abby had gotten out, which made her sound like a dog of some sort, a fact Bobby hadn't been all that fond of hearing but which Wil found to be funny as hell.

And so he'd gone to Bobby's to wait, alternating between pacing about inside and going outside to chain smoke and work on Bobby's garden. He'd not made it over this week as he usually did, up to his neck in paperwork left over from the wolf thing, and his tomatoes were half dead.

"That won't do," he said, rolling up the sleeves on his black button down, worn over a wifebeater and with his ever present jeans. "Know you're out of season, but we can fix this."

He only talked to the plants when no one was around. Mostly. As no one was around, though, he spoke freely, and soon lost himself to fixing the vegetables.

"Don't look now," Abby said from the kitchen window once Bobby had helped her inside even though she was getting real good with her crutches, "But some weirdo broke in to do some gardening."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 5:33 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 260

"Yeah," Bobby said mildly as he got Abby installed on the couch. "He does that. I think it's some kind of pervert. He shows up, rubs against my plants for a while, mutters to them, and then goes away."

He went over to the sliding door in the kitchen and opened it, calling out to Wil, "If you want a beer, stop molesting my peach tree." Which had no business growing in this climate and which hadn't existed two months ago, both of which were overcome entirely by Wil. But when had he ever promised to be fair?

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 6:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"If you want a peach tree," Wil said as he came in, his accent thicker than his brother's Abby noted right away, "You'll stop using words like 'molest'."

"Hi!" Abby said brightly. "You must be my new Uncle! Congratulations, it's a girl."

Wil blinked owlishly and looked at Bobby with the same wide eyes. Uncle? What the fuck?

Abby did not laugh at the look on his face. Bobby was right, messing with him was fun.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 6:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Deadpan, "I told her to call you Uncle Wil, it's only respectful. And you owe her a number of back birthday and Christmas presents. She'll provide you with an Amazon gift registry number."

He handed his brother a beer. "Her name's Abby. She's staying for a while." Even in his own head he'd stopped putting an end date on it. At some level, he knew. "She hasn't got the sense to keep from getting run over by florist vans, so somebody needed to keep an eye."

user posted image
Abby Flanagan
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 6:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 277

"She's sitting right here," she pointed out, then beamed at Wil. "He has anger management issues. Punched the same van. Went all 'Bobby smash!", very cool. And then he went super Doctor."

"O-kay," Wil said slowly, taking a long drink from his beer, and then another. He'd known the basics, but nothing Bobby had said had really prepared him for this. How was she able to be a sort of whirlwind when she was sitting on the couch with a bum hip? "It's good to meet you."

"So, I'll just call you 'Unca Wil', okay?"

"I can and will shoot you, kid."

Abby looked accusingly at Bobby. "Thought you said he was human? That's all rat." She knew he wasn't a shifter, he didn't give her the electrowillies on her arms, but still.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 7:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Bobby shrugged, having made a decision not to protect either of them from the other unless it were absolutely necessary. "He's been around me a long time. Plus he's a cop, you know they're all violent thugs. Not like us lycanthropes."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 7:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yeah, you're all class," Wil muttered, but finally sat down, looking at Abby. "You taking care of him okay?"

"Trying," Abby sighed, "He's real stubborn though. All 'this is for your own good' and 'I ate this morning' when it's like, eleven at night. Do you know he doesn't even know who a Kardashian is?"

Wil didn't, either, but managed to look incredulous all the same. "Did you educate him?"

"So gonna," she said, "There's a marathon on on Monday and he already said he was gonna spend the day with me." He'd said he'd try, actually, but Abby had selective hearing.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 7:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Looking appropriately horrified, Bobby made the cardinal mistake of arguing. "I thought we were going to the Compound to introduce you around and see about falsifying records to look like I have any remote right to have you living in my home. Not watch a fat woman throw temper tantrums." He'd googled.

user posted image
Abby Flanagan
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 7:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"That's gonna take all day?" she countered. "You know I shouldn't be out too long yet." This was a direct quote of something he'd said while lecturing her, again, on the way home.

Wil was listening to all of this and nodding approvingly. Girl was good.

"Besides," Abby continued, "You said you'd watch The Avengers with me, too, with popcorn and stuff. I can't believe you've never seen it. And you promised."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 8:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Looking more than a little hunted, "I promised to watch the movie with the superheroes and eat popcorn and that ice cream I can't pronounce. I don't remember anything about the tantrum woman. Besides, I think she has hyperthyroidism. Those hips are not healthy."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 9:35 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Aby gave Wil a look. "Hyperthyroidism."

Wil, who had no clue what they were talking about, nodded anyway. "It's the only explanation." He was rather enjoying this and said a swift prayer of thanks for the entertainment value he could see Abby bringing for however long she was in their lives. Amen.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 11:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Taking the support, not that that was a very good word for what was happening here, where he could get it, Bobby said seriously, "It's not nice to laugh at the afflicted. Even if they're stupid enough to go on TV."

user posted image
Wil Riley
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 2:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Abby giggled and leaned back against her pillow. "Fine, we'll just watch The Avengers. You wanna come?" she asked Wil.

"I'll have to check my schedule," Wil said, the best he could do, but he'd try, just to see more of his brother being domestic and weird.

To Bobby, he asked, "So where'd she get to?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Bobby Riley
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 2:28 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

His eyes narrowed. "The 439 opening party. Where she knew she wasn't supposed to be." Which reminded him that he needed to decide whether he was actually trying to punish her for it or not. It was a bit more parental than he was entirely comfortable with, plus what was he going to do? Turn off the internet? That would just lead to her creating more mayhem, he was completely sure of that.

user posted image
Abby Flanagan
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 3:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"No shit?" Wil asked, trying not to look amused and failing miserably. "See anything good?"

"Nah, I got blocked by Wil-the-rat before I worked up the nerve to look in the pool room," she said sadly.

Wil looked at his brother curiously, he had no idea what that meant.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |