Roses Are Red..., Max/Ryan
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 8 2013, 6:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Kriss

Member No.: 76

He had been planning this for some time, waiting for Valentine's day to come around. While Rin had been letting him take care of the sault when she was needed elsewhere, he had managed to get the night away so he could spend it with Ryan. He loved the sault and his growing responsibilities there, but his love for the lioness was just as strong and he'd been waiting for this night.

He had made it seem like he had forgotten about the holiday. No chocolates, no roses, no breakfast in bed...and he had arranged for Nichole and Shawn to take her somewhere while he got the roof to her apartment building ready.

When she returned to her apartment, Max was waiting in a pair of jeans and holding a red silk blindfold in his hand. He offered her a smile as he walked over to her and gave her a kiss. "Ah gotta surprise fer ya, butcha gotta be blindfolded fer it." He kissed her again before he tied the blindfold around her eyes and gently lead her up the stairs.

The roof had been transformed into a draping silken tent lit with the warm glow of strands of twinkle lights. Pillows were thrown around the tent, making a soft, rose-covered nest. Beside the nest sat a silver-painted bucket filled with ice and champagne with two glasses alongside a tray of various fruits and cheeses.

"Ah hope ya like it," he spoke softly to her as he untied the blindfold and let it fall away from her eyes.

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 8 2013, 8:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 58

Ryan had been feeling progressively better since talking with Ral, and while she wasn't 'cured' or whatever of her depression, she wasn't lost in a shame spiral, either. She still had issues to work out, but she felt better than she had in months. So much so that when Max arrived and kissed her, she kissed him back in a way that was much more limp fish than had become her norm. Sometimes she wondered why he even stayed with her.

But he had, and here he was again, doing something wonderful for her when she felt like she really didn't deserve it because as a girlfriend lately, she kinda sucked.

"Oh my God, Max," she breathed, looking at what he'd done and feeling a flutter in her stomach that was only for him, "It's amazing." She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him, breathing in his scent like she'd forgotten it. "You're amazing."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 6:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He smiled when she hugged him, looking happier than she had in weeks and this time it looked a whole lot more genuine than her smiles had been looking. His arms wound tight around her waist, hugging the girl close and burying his face in the crook of her neck and breathing in her scent.

"Ah'm glad ya come ta terms wit' th' fact that Ah'm amazin'," Max chuckled softly, gently pushing Ryan back just enough so he could give her a kiss. He was more than happy that she had liked the surprise, in fact, he was super-awesome-amazing-happy. She had been sad and depressed for entirely too long.

As he kissed her, his jaguar wound around her lion, wrapping her up in his energy and feeling the warmth that was always there when he was with her.

"But tha's not all Ah got fer ya," he smiled, taking her hand and leading her to the pillow-nest in the silk tent, settling her down before he sat down across from her. He reached over and uncorked the champagne, pouring it into the glass over a plump and red-ripe strawberry before handing it to her.

"We been goin' through so much," he said, "You wit' what happened, an' me wit' th' sault, we needed this night an' Ah got some pretty special things planned. But most o' all, we're jus' gonna be together an' ignore th' world fer now."

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 7:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She took a sip of the champagne, which was wonderful. She'd seen the strawberry thing done in movies, but had never tried it in person. It was neat and, she could admit to herself, she kinda couldn't wait to get to the fruit when the champagne was gone.

She smiled a bit apologetically at him from behind the rim of her glass. "Think I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the world. But I've been doing it alone. Bet it's better with you."

It was her way of saying she was sorry. The first time. There was a good chance she was going to say it several more times over the course of the night.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 7:53 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Y'know it's even more awesome wit' me," he smiled at her, then reached forward and took her hand, running his thumb over her knuckles, "Ah'm glad yer feelin' better. Things jus' weren't th' same wit'out ya." She didn't need to apologize. She had gone through something horrible that Max hoped he never went through.

"Ah gotta 'nother surprise fer ya." He leaned over and kissed her before he reached behind him and pulled out his guitar. Hey, he was a musician, after all, and what was a romantic setting without a Southern love song? He strummed the opening chords of the song:

"The cotton wood fallin' like snow in July
Sunset, riverside, four wheel drive and a tail light circle
Roll down the windows, turn it on up
Poor a little Crown in a Dixie cup
Get the party, started

Girl you make my speakers go "BOOM BOOM"
Dancin' on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mhmm mhmm
You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money maker gotta bee
The best buzz I'm ever gonna find.
I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime

Well if you ain't a ten, you're a 9.9
Tippin' and spillin' that homemade wine on your tied-up, tshirt
Every little kiss is drivin me wild, throwin little cherry bombs into my fire
Good God al-mighty

I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime

So, let's slip on out, where it's a little bit darker
And when it gets a little bit hotter
We'll take off on out in the water

Hey, I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime
Girl, I'm a little drunk on you.
"

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 11:28 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Ryan liked music well enough, but had never been one of those typed to pick a favorite genre or band or singer or whatever. She liked older pop, anything from the sixties through the eighties, and so tended to listen to that sort of station in her car or on Pandora. She had, at one time, even had a small thing for Josh Groban. But for her, music was background noise and nothing much more.

But when Max sang, it just did things to her. She didn't recognize the song but that really, really didn't matter as she went warm and squishy anyway. When he was done singing, her eyes were burning because all of this was just so, so sweet of him to be doing for her, and because she had just been the worst girlfriend ever.

The second he put the guitar down (and she'd done the same with her glass), she all but tackled him, throwing herself at him and settling in his lap and kissing every square inch of his face, saying, "I love you" and "I'm so sorry" every fourth second or so.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 2:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He was glad that she had waited until he had set aside his guitar. He'd spent years breaking it in and would have hated to buy a brand new one. But he was elated that Ryan had nearly tackled him, kissing his face and making the jaguar purr softly.

He gave her responses to her words, telling her "'S okay" and "Ah love ya, too" as his arms wrapped tightly around her and he held her against him. He knew she had been going through a rough time and had stuck it out because that was what you did for someone you cared about.

His jaguar wound tight around her lioness, showing the other cat the same affection that his human side was showing hers. Both cat and man were equally smitten by the girl and her cat and both knew they'd fight to be with her for as long as they could. It was just the way Max felt.

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

While it wasn't the same, his jaguar, as being around another lion - Ral or Xio or any of the others - but because his cat had been around hers for almost as long as she'd been a lion, it was comforting and wonderful in its own right.

She felt as warm and safe and good as she had in a long, long time. "This is exactly what I needed," she informed him, cuddling closer and basking in the feel and heat of him.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 3:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The two animals were vastly different, but Max's cat knew hers. Had known her lion almost since it came into being. He wasn't a lion and she wasn't a jaguar but their animals were as close as two different species could be.

He smiled as he leaned back onto a pile of pillows, taking Ryan with him until she was lying on top of him, his arms wrapped tightly around her as he cuddled with her. One hand idly brushed back her hair, playing with strands of it while his other hand played with her fingers.

"Ah'm glad Ah could help," he smiled at her, kissing her forehead lightly, "Ah love ya, Ryan. Ah ain't gonna go anywhere that yer not at. Ah wouldn' know what ta do wit' myself if Ah didn' have ya 'round me."

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 9:29 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She pressed a long, fervent kiss to the pulse point in his throat, the space on their necks that was so symbolic in so many ways. "I'm not going anywhere," she told him, lips moving against his skin, making a promise of it because even two weeks ago there'd been a real chance she would be leaving, one way or another.

But she was almost finished making peace with what had happened, and she should have lost him in all of it - either the attack or her horrendously lost behavior afterward. She knew what could have happened and now that her psyche was on the mend, she was not going to let that happen.

"I'm staying. Forever."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 4:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He purred softly as she kissed the pulse point of his throat. He knew she felt like he should've left when she had gotten lost within herself, but Max wasn't like that. Even if he didn't love her so much, he would've stayed long enough to see her healed. But he did love her, with everything he had, so he was going to be staying for a long time yet.

"Good," he purred softly, nuzzling her jaw, "'Least we agree on that. We ain't gonna be goin' nowhere anytime soon." He smiled and held her tight against him, pulling her up and placing another kiss on her lips. He was so grateful that he had decided to do this tonight. Ryan had really needed this.

user posted image
| PM |
Ryan Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 2:23 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nuzzled at his neck and kissed the pulse point, then lifted her head to look at him. "Okay, so I'm done being selfish and all about the me. What have I missed in your world?" she asked. She knew the major points as far as what had happened during World War Wolf, but as far as what was up with him personally, well, it kinda went back to that sucking as a girlfriend thing.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Max Braxton
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 9:48 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Ya ain't bein' selfish," Max playfully scolded her, tapping her nose with a finger, "You were healin'. Ah never thought fer a second that you were bein' selfish or yer bein' selfish now."

But he settled back against the pillows, still holding her as he went with her question. "Rin's been leavin' me in charge a th' other jags when she's out doin' her stuff. Ah ain't taken no rank're nothin', jus' been lookin' after th' sault when she ain't around. Collin took th' pard, so we gotta alliance wit' them, but Ah think everyone's got their fur up 'cause Collin an' Rin're datin'. Ah don' think they're gonna absorb us, Rin's gonna be Alta an' Col's gonna be Raj. Ah mean, Ral coulda absorbed th' jags inta th' pride if he wanted to, 'cause he had me an' other than Rin, Ah'm th' strongest jag here. Ah think what happened durin' th' wolf war was what turned it to Col bein' Raj. Ah think someone was killed at th' pard house an' another one was taken, Ah dunno th' details. Ah stayed with th' weaker cats durin' th' fight, so Ah wasn' involved." Which he was glad both him and her managed to stay out of the fray. He knew his brother had been in it, but not Ryan or the more submissive cats.

user posted image
| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |