Things that go BUMP!, Adair/Charlie
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 8:04 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Marian

Member No.: 284

"Here you go, Mrs. Teague." Charlie handed the small package over to an elderly woman in her doorway. The woman smiled and bobbed her head in thanks. "If you could just sign the receipt, please." Charlie held out a small notebook, receipt. The woman signed where indicated and hand Charlie some folded bills. Charlie took the items back, slipping them into her pocket, "Thanks, Mrs. Teague. You have a good day."

The door closed and Charlie turned, waiting until the woman couldn't see her to pull the money and her phone back out of her pocket. She unfolded the bills and inspected them as she walked down. Five ones. Charlie sighed and shoved them back in her pocket before turning back to her phone.

Just as she was about to hit SEND on a message she ran into something. She bounced off, dropped her phone, and fell.

"Fuck!" Charlie's phone lay in pieces. Repairable pieces, but pieces. The back had come off and the battery had popped out. And her ass hurt. She scowled up at the person responsible.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 9:55 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Angelina

Member No.: 273

Adair had had his back turned to Charlie when she’d bumped into him locking the door to his apartment, the one right next door to the woman she’d been delivering to. He felt something press into his back for a split second before bouncing right back off it, and then he heard the sound of something hard smashing against and scattering over the floor in the minute it took for him to turn around to face the noise, only to find himself looking down at a girl looking up to him with a real hateful look on her face.

He swallowed, why were hot girls always so scary when they were mad? Slowly he shrugged his hands up into a small surrender before putting them back down and shuffling around her to pick up the pieces of her phone and hand them back to her.

“Sorry, I wasn’t exactly watching when I came out,” he apologized as he held the pieces of the girl’s phone back out to her for her to take before rising back up and holding a hand out to help her back up to her feet. “You alright?”

user posted image
| PM || WWW || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 12:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He looked so surprised and even a little scared. Charlie raised an eyebrow and took the pieces of her phone. She got up without taking his hand.

Once standing she began fiddling with it to get it all back together, and she was praying it would turn on.

It made start up sounds and Charlie let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god."

Satisfied, Charlie slipped the phone into her pocket and rubbed her ass. "My ass hurts, but otherwise fine, I guess."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 9:41 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Satisfied, Charlie slipped the phone into her pocket and rubbed her ass. “My ass hurts, but otherwise fine, I guess.”

Adair shrugged and drew his hand back as he stepped away.

“Are you going anywhere next? Least I can do for scaring you like that. Have you had lunch yet? It’d be on me,” he offered her, still feeling bad enough about bumping into her and almost breaking her phone that he felt like he had to do something to make it up to her.

He didn’t bother saying what his mind thought when she told him her ass hurt from the fall, but a corner of his upper lip did twitch into a small amused smile at the thought. He’d slap himself for thinking those things later.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 11:04 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Uh.. what?" Charlie was confused. He wanted to take her to lunch for bumping into her? She gave him a once over. He was cute enough, and seemed normal. She doubted he was a vampire given it was the middle of the afternoon, so at least there was that.

"Uh... no. No, I haven't had lunch." She shoved her hands in her pockets and shrugged. Tact and politeness kept her from asking if he was a supernatural. Supers could be unpredictable at the best of times. Some of them were touchy. At least in her ill-infomred opinion they were. "So.. um.. know anywhere good to eat?"

| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 12:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

There was the look in the eye. The awkward one. The one that usually came into somebody’s eyes when something like this happened. “So… um… know anywhere good to eat?” He nodded, listing off a couple places. “There’s the deli a couple blocks away, and the market. Mee Sum’s closer than those are, but, uh… I’ve kinda been kicked out of there,” he said as he muttered the last bit while shrugging his hands into his pockets and lowering his head at having had to even say that to anyone.

He didn’t even know for sure if he was kicked out of there, but after that first night where he’d run into Lea, he’d rather go find out on his own then embarrass himself more with somebody who he’d only just met. They’d already gotten off on the awkward foot. Embarrassing moments like that would probably just make the other awkward shoe drop.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 12:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Kicked out?" Great. He was trouble. "What did you do to get kicked out? You know what, nevermind. I don't think I want to know."

Whatever they did, Charlie wanted a cigarette. Stat. She pulled out the pack and counted five and pulled it out. "Okay, we can go wherever. I'm not picky. But I do need to smoke this. So I'm gonna go outside, and you can either stay here or come with."

The really sad thing was that this was one of the most normal things that had happened recently. Running smack into someone should not be considered 'normal'.

She walked past Adair without waiting and headed for the stairs that would take her down and out.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 2:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He was about to answer Charlie when she dismissed him and decided she didn’t want to know. He shook his head with a snort, “Nothing bad,” he coughed but then also dismissed the subject.

If she decided she wanted to know, he’d go into it, but for now he thought their meeting had gotten awkward enough. He nodded and followed her out of the building, watching her smoke for a moment before realizing something. “So, uhm… what’s your name?” Nobody had ever said he’d been great at making conversation.

Between his arrival in Seattle a couple days ago and now, even he had to silently admit this was the most uneventful day so far.

Running into Lea at Mee Sum. Discussing nest business with the Kashyapa of Seattle before he’d even been able to find the nest. Being held at spear point by an only slightly overly paranoid merman. Yeah, uneventful.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 8:17 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The cold air was a relief to Charlie. She liked to crisp coldness. She pulled a lighter from her pocket and flicked it five times. Even with the flame bursting on each flick, Charlie waited until the fifth time to light her cigarette. She took a deep breath, inhaling the toxic fumes, and then blowing them out in a stream.

Charlie eyed him as she smoked, uncertain whether or not to actually take him up on his offer for lunch. "Charlie." Another drag and exhale, "You?"

She supposed she could at least find something out about him. Like his name. If he was single. The basics.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 6:15 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Adair watched Charlie watch him, nose flaring as his senses caught the first whiff of the smoke. Not like he minded it or anything, though. Working in bars and nightclubs, you get used to certain scents like cigarette smoke. “Adair,” he said slowly, exactly the way it should be pronounced and making sure Charlie got the name, an amused glint flickering into his eyes. He’d heard his name said wrong before and even spelled it wrong a few times. His eyes traveled from Charlie, up and over to his window and then to the one next to it. “You’re not gonna tell me you’re Mrs. Teague’s granddaughter?” He joked, having seen her come from the old woman’s apartment. He didn’t even know if she even had a grandchild, but it was better finding out this way than maybe some other way.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 9:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The look Charlie gave Adair very clearly said "the fuck are you talking about?" and the words that followed confirmed it. "Tell Mrs. Teague's granddaughter what? That we ran into each other and I got knocked on my ass? Why would I tell her that?"

Charlie had no idea of Mrs. Teague had a granddaughter. She hadn't ever met any relatives. Mrs. Teague received regular deliveries, about every other week or so, likely from a family member. Charlie didn't always make them, and she didn't take the orders, so she wasn't privy to the details.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 9:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Adair blinked at Charlie, coughing into the back of his hand once at the first words out of her mouth. She must have heard him wrong, He’d asked her if she was Mrs. Teague’s granddaughter, not if she was knew of her. “I didn’t say that. I asked if you were Mrs. Teague’s granddaughter, but,” and here he waved a dismissive hand through the air.

The joke had been lost to her, and he wasn’t going to bother explaining it. Having been living at the apartment only about a week or so, he didn’t know Charlie was a regular delivery girl for Mrs. Teague. Speaking of the old woman, he knew nothing about her either, just that she was the old woman who lived next to him and Lea who he only ran into in the hallway on occasion.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 12:08 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie blinked at Adair, cigarette smoldering in one hand. She had completely misheard him. She felt her cheeks start to burn red and she looked at the ground, distracting herself by smoking her cigarette.

"Oh, I thought you said something else. Fuck." Awkward moment was awkward. Charlie flicked her cigarette five times to ash it and took another drag. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment and her stomach tied in knots. God, she felt like an idiot.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Adair Errigal
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 9:11 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The look on Charlie’s face when she realized he’d been right and she had heard something wrong was priceless. His brows rose a hair and his lip curled into an amused half-smile, before wavering as he tried not to laugh at her for sake, but the last word topped with the blush had been the icing on the cake for him. A snort escaped him, followed by a chuckle that had been his attempt to try not to laugh so outright at her and then finally, just a laugh. When he’d finished having his dick moment of the day, he shook his head and rubbed a hand over his face, as if trying to erase it of the amusement he’d gotten out of her embarrassment.

“Trust me, I’ve had more awkward embarrassing moments than that. Try falling off a stage in a nightclub in front of people and passing out from the fall because your friend decided to come into town and pay you a visit at work but couldn’t wait another few minutes to just say hi.” He snerked but found himself grinning at the recollection of the memory. It was one of those strange moments that nobody ever could think to find themselves in so when it did happen it always had to be more amusing than frustration no matter the reason of the embarrassment in that case.

user posted image
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 11:25 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The snickering sent Charlie's light blush to a deeper crimson. Her ears burned. She didn't find the funny in it. Sure it may not be the most retarded thing she'd ever done, but Charlie didn't take well to being made fun of, in any respect. Her free hand started it's auto calming motions. Thumb to pinky, ring, middle, pointer, repeat.

Charlie giggled, just a little at Adair's story. She had to admit that that was more retarded than her little faux pas. "That is pretty ridiculous."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |