Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Everything's Changing, Rin/Collin
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:43 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

He laughed, even if he was sadly eating the last bite of steak, which he'd inhaled. Apparently he was hungry. Shifting several times would do that to a guy.

"We can't really blame them, can we?" he asked. "And I hate to say it, but with Ness and Izz and Jon and all of them here now, I get it. I want to lock them all up for another decade."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 2:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 51

Presenting him with more oranges, biscuits and honey butter to serve as dessert, Rin did a quick cleanup in the kitchen. "I know, right? I'm, what, five years older than Kei? But they're absolutely 'the kids' and need to be protected from all the unrighteous shit that flies around this city. And don't think I didn't notice you hinting that Ness should go back with Izz. Not that I didn't give it a try too."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 2:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Teo can take better care of her than I can," he said with a shrug, not that he didn't think Rin could. It was just that the patriarch of their family had a way with headstrong young women, what with all the years of practice. "And she has Alec there."

He shrugged again. "And she'd never forgive me and I know it. But I'm still half tempted to drug her and send her with them anyway. I could do it."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"And then what? Ship her back freight? Or were you going to let your parents take her home? Because I think you'd be better off working it that way." She snitched half of one of his biscuits, slathering it with the butter. "Frankly, with what's ramping up now your Dad might get you to drug her and he'll pack her as a carry on."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 6:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Kind of what I was thinking, yeah," he said, glaring at her for stealing his biscuit. But since she'd done the cooking, it was mostly okay.

"Though it would be wrong of us to do that," he said dutifully, "And she would never forgive me. Ever. I'll just leave it to Dad to argue with her. We can sit in the background and eat popcorn."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Like both of them won't try and draw you into their side of the argument, to back them up." She grinned at his dirty look. "There's more, goober. There's always more."

She reached over and laced her hand with his, running her thumb over his knuckles. "Coll, I'm worried as hell about all this. But you know, I can't help being kind of excited, too. It's like when I took on Winchesters, it was the last piece of who I should be. This is a piece of you that you're coming into after a long time. I'm excited to see it. And besides, I like the leopards. I want them to be happy. And I think you can do that."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He picked her hand up, kissed the back of it. "I hope so," he said, and she'd understand his fear of failing them.

He lowered their hands, but didn't let go. "What's worrying you the most?" he asked, because he had a hefty list, but wanted to know what was on hers.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 7:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Come to the couch?" She grabbed beers for both of them and waited until they were on the sofa and tangled together to try to answer.

Once they were there, her hand in his hair, she admitted, "What scares me most is that they're too broken for you to fix. That you'll either burn yourself out trying when it can't be done, or have to quit and then hate yourself for it."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:08 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He got an arm around her, fingers playing at the sleeve of her shirt. "They can be fixed, I really believe that, and I can't give up on them, even when it seems like they want to be forgotten and left behind. It might take awhile, but I do, I think it can be done."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 2:22 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"...without ruining you and me." She tacked it on like of course it was the end of the sentence he'd begun. "That's the other thing that's terrifying me. I'm trying to think of any real examples of leadership of two groups managing a relationship. And other than Teo and the Rat King, which isn't the same, I can't think of any. It's scaring me."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"It's scaring me, too," he said. "All those stories my Aunt tells about before she went Alpha." Waiting for Daniel to find his Ra, because you didn't always or, as far as Collin knew, ever, get your choice in that. He didn't even want to bring it up, but that would be like ignoring an elephant. Better to address it.

"I don't want that to happen," he said flat out. "In all the stories we heard growing up, all the lore," and there had been a ton, "Have you ever heard of a way to turn it off?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 3:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She shook her head miserably. "The closest I've ever heard are those rumors that Cam and/or Ani have used magic to keep the King and Freki from bonding. I mean--it might be worth asking? But I bet even if they were true, which I've never heard any confirmation, they might not tell us. These things are 'meant to be' and so on."

Rin bowed her head over her beer, running a thumbnail up and down the neck of her bottle. "I'm not my Mom. I can't share." She sounded actually ashamed of that.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Collin wanted to say he couldn't either because that was how he felt, but something stopped him from saying it. More than one somethings, actually.

"That's not something you need to apologize for," he said quietly, lifting a hand to move her hair so he could see her face before offering something that actually had his gut churning though it was the right thing to do. "I don't ever want us to end, not now, not in twenty years. But if there's no way to control it, is it fair for me to ask you to stay with that hanging over your head? Our heads?" It was killing him, just saying it, and having to ask. "Would it be better to end things?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 1:47 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"No!" Her eyes were bright and watery, closer to tears than she ever got. Rin literally didn't remember the last time she'd cried, something that came not out of any particular badassness of character (though she'd pretend otherwise) but rather from that eternally happy nature of hers combined with that emotional durability.

But just him saying that had her throat feeling swollen and sore, her vision swimming, her hand reaching out to clutch a fold of his shirt. "No." Only a little calmer as she pulled his shirt toward her, towing him along with her. "You're mine. Collin, I won't give you up." He was her always, and in her most honest moments Rin admitted that she'd known that since she was a kid.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 2:15 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Okay," he said soothingly, reaching for her and pulling her up and into his lap, running his cheek along her temple and hair and getting his scent on her, "Okay. I don't want to be anyone else's." And whether it was possible or not, he'd start looking into a way to block any form of bonding. Maybe Shiloh's pet mage could help, he was sort of terrifying and powerful. "We'll figure it out."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |