Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Everything's Changing, Rin/Collin
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 8 2013, 7:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 51

She ran her hand up his back, first over and then under the shirt. "It was something they couldn't teach you. Daniel never had to do it, he didn't know what it was like. And I know you, love, you did it for the other leopards. Not for glory or control or any of the other reasons people challenge. You'd tried every way you knew to save them, including leaving, and none of it worked. This was what you had to do."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 6:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 16

"I know," he said, because he did. "But I wanted this, too. You would not believe how many of them say that to me, that I don't want the pard, that I had to do this. I didn't. I could have let Ruth keep on keeping on. I can't get any of them to believe me if you keep saying it, too."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 6:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded. "Okay. No more saying that. And no joking about you being a power-hungry maniac, either. At least not until they get over themselves some. Once they do, though? It's on."

Rin laughed and kissed him again, then went around to start the steaks because he really did need to eat. "So what can I do to help? Besides the butting-out part that we both know is going to be harder on me than it ought to." She was bossy, that was just all there was to it. Bossy, and always had been.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 7:21 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He shook his head helplessly even as he was grinning from what she'd said. "I have no idea. Keep reminding me how I already know how to do this? I keep forgetting as I get scared to death about screwing up."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 7:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You absolutely already know how to do this. And I'll pack down your stuff--most of it, anyway--so you don't have to worry about that part of moving. Because I hate that idea a lot, but it's how it has to be, so that's how it'll be. And if you want to send me Tommy's squeaky-wheel cousin, I'll start him on basic executioner training without the actual focus on getting a license. I grew up with Seth, I know how not to touch people. And...and I love you." That was what she could think of to help.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 8:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I know," he said, face softening more than usual, in a way that only she got from him.

To the rest, especially of Jarvis: "That's an excellent idea." One he wished he'd thought of himself, in truth. But he was still getting there, he told himself. "He's been teaching some people how to fight. Just to warn you. I have a feeling he'll come into it thinking he knows better than you do."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 8:50 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"How lovely for him," she said, hearty and smiling. "I'll have a good time beating that out of him, then we can get started with the real work." The steaks hit the pan with a loud sizzle, she smiled at Collin across the counter. "Papa will say it's no more than I deserve, and he's probably right."

She shook her head, smiling a little and thinking that she really ought to call home and, as she did three or four times a year, issue a blanket apology to her parents for the entirety of her teenaged years.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 9 2013, 9:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"No, he's definitely right," Collin said dryly, but the mention of one of her dads had him sighing and pulling out his phone.

By the time he was off the phone, having stayed where he was so Rin could listen in to both sides of the conversation, he was partially convinced half of Chicago's elders were going to be on a plane. He'd been lucky in that he managed to talk to Daniel first, but it had gone downhill from there.

"So yay, they're coming," he said. "Damn your psychic ability." Like it took a genius. While it would be good to see his folks and aunt and uncle, he really wished they'd wait longer, give him and Rin a chance to adjust. But they'd be here by the weekend. "You think if I throw Ness at them I can hide behind her?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 10:56 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Rin set a plate with a steak, buttered corn, and a biscuit with honey butter in front of Collin, then moved around to sit at the bar with him, carrying her own plate. "Ness will help a bit. Jon and his dad will fight and that'll distract them some. We can put Gen and Ben in a room and start them talking music, that'll fill an hour or five. But mostly? You're in for it, babe. Sorry."

Still, she had enough pity in her heart to hook her foot around the back of his ankle and offer, "I'll call your dad later and see if he and your Mom want to stay here. It'll put them in proximity to Ness, and the jag energy might help keep them calm. I don't really have any unhealthy cats at the moment, it's nice and calm here, touch wood."

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He went for the biscuit first because he had a love of honey butter that bordered on the embarrassing. "Thank you," he said, for the food and the help with family.

"Though don't think Ree's not going to be all over you and Mari so she can report back to your folks. We both know how it works." And God, did they. "I'm half expecting them to ask for blood samples."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oh, I know it. I half expect them to turn up with a checklist from Mom, Papa and Teo and urine sample cups or something. I think it's Izz that got them all wound up. Ever since we had to send her home, my assurances that everything's fine here have been met with profound skepticism."

Rin missed her little sister, but facing Seattle without the safety net of her parents and the pard had just been too much for her. Izz was fragile, emotionally and intellectually, always had been. And there had come a time when she just needed to go back to where she was safe to heal up.

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"It's funny how they ignore that they were around our age," some older, some younger, "When they came together back home and the world started blowing up and how they managed." He did not say 'survived', because they'd lost people. Many of them.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I want you to know," said very solemnly, "that right this very second I am hearing your aunt's lecture on 'but we did it so that it would be better for you' ringing in my head. Word for word, with the inflections and everything."

She nudged his knee with hers. "They turned to their parents when they needed it, too. Do you remember getting sent off to Tucks' folks in Ohio?"

user posted image
Collin Moss
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:12 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Some," he said, rubbing his leg against hers, "But it's kind of blurred in with like fifty other memories and I don't know what's real and what I've made up." In the way that happened as one got older, as he was finding out.

"Remember my grandma's more," he told her. "And Eden's." Always had to refer to whichever mother he was talking about by name at first, so she'd know which one he meant.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Rin Cooper
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded. "She'd ship me down to my fathers' if she had enough notice. But I definitely remember piling into a van being driven by the twins along with six or eight other kids and ending up totally overwhelming the swans' grandparents for a weekend." She laughed, thinking about it. "Now that I think about it? This is karma. We completely deserve it. The amount of hassle we all were? They're just getting vengeance."

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |