Broken, Luke
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Jan 18 2013, 1:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Fay

Member No.: 75

She had a broken arm, a shattered eye socket, and bruises blacker than any she'd ever seen. Merely human, and a fragile one at that, Cecelia was slow to heal. After seeing Micah's murder, she'd passed out, awaking in the hospital with her parents and baby sister halfway to Seattle before she intercepted them and insisted they stay home.

No one knew what had happened to her, she didn't have any friends to speak of, aside from Bonnie. Who had been the first one to check on her once she got back to her apartment. Which is where she'd been all week. Today, she was sitting in silence , trying to drown out the sounds of death from her mind with the banter of reality television.
| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 4:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 123

There was no point at which Luke wasn't grateful for the changes the fae had wrought in him. Being an owl (and for him it was 'being', not 'having.' Whether it was the nature of all avians or just good judgment on the part of the gift-giver, Luke's owl was sunk all the way down into him the way that a swan's or sparrow's bird-self was) was incredible, he loved absolutely everything about it.

But this past week and a half he'd had reason to be even more grateful. Sylvie had died in the attacks and Adam, one of their newer birds, had been attacked and orally raped. Oliver had gotten harassed by a group of wolves but had managed to get himself out of the situation, though at the cost of a few cracked ribs and a shallow set of claw marks across one arm--his blood tests were currently throwing the kinds of very weak positives for wolf lycanthropy that often, but not always, could be recovered without leading to infection. All the birds were thoroughly terrorized, with the possible exceptions of Fiona, who'd spent the entirety of the worst of the wolf problem locked up in Flynn's house and Hunt, who'd spent it at Diana's studio.

Which meant that basically Luke had been moving at a dead run since the first of the attacks and hadn't stopped for longer than a few hours' uneasy sleep. Usually sleep that included one or more of the birds clinging to him for comfort. If it weren't for the energy and strength that his shifter-ness gave him he'd have collapsed by now. But a week later, as Oliver seemed to be fully stabilizing and with D and Adam visiting Alain for the afternoon, Luke managed to steal a few hours to visit Cee. He stopped and picked up sandwiches on the way, suspecting that she wouldn't have been taking care of herself as she ought to, and knocked on the door but let himself in as soon as he'd called out his name.

He set the bags with the food on the counter of her little kitchen, but came and sat down next to Cee, petting a hand through her hair and giving her a gentle, [url]if weary and rumpled[/url], smile. "Hey, you. What does the doc say? Have you taken your meds?" It was just the mindset he was in, he couldn't stop himself from asking things like this even before he leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to her temple, one of the only unbruised spots immediately available to him.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 5:05 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She nodded at his question, "I can't even breathe when they wear off." One of the deep black bruises that covered her pale skin, was in a large, oblong shape over the left side of her rib cage. It had been caused by one of the wolves stepping on her on their way out of the shop. Nothing was broken there, but it hurt to take deep breaths.

"They make me a little nauseous though. And groggy." Both were true, but she was using that as an excuse for why she hadn't eaten any of the food on her counter, things her mother had sent and Bonnie had brought over, there was even a dish from the Pard. She wasn't entirely sure why they'd sent her a care package, it was from some guy named Clayton, probably because she'd been under the leopards' wing so to speak, having gotten so close to Micah.

"How are the birds? How's D?"

| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 12:27 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded, traced the backs of his fingers down along her cheek in one of the unbruised spots, not that those were easy to find. "In other words, you're not taking care of yourself." He smiled at her, taking any possible sting out of the words. "All right. We'll pack you up and take you back to the house to stay for a while. Get you where I can keep an eye on you, and the birds can fuss over you." Cee needed fussing over, he was far too familiar with the personality type to doubt that.

"D's fine. She's in denial mode, where she pretends that she's completely fine so that she can take care of other people. She'll fall apart over a stubbed toe in a couple of weeks, once things calm down, and then we'll spend a week or two putting her back together. But in the meantime, she's stable." A fond smile. "And the other birds are mostly all right, except for Tay and Adam. I've basically just moved them into my room, when they try to hold themselves aloof they just damage themselves. Get locked in the isolation and despair and can't break themselves out of it." He gave her a gently pointed look. "So I've got Tay taking care of Adam, Dallas takes care of Tay, and Pop and I work to take care of all of them, best we can. It's an extremely unhealthy system, but it sort of works.

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 9:52 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Well, no, I’ve..” She cut herself of then, shaking her head slightly and smiling small enough that her moving cheeks didn’t make her face hurt. There wasn’t really any point in arguing. All she’d done is take her medicine, soak in the tub, and sit on the couch with the television on – screening calls. “Okay.” She’d stay with him, being alone was getting lonely already, anyways.

Although, how strange D had been acting toward her lately hadn’t gone unnoticed. She was oddly chatty, and pleasant chatty, not making-conversation-so-it-looks-like-I’m-making-an-effort chatty. She’d get to the bottom of that, probably, eventually. “Maybe slightly unhealthy, but, you’ve got it figured out and you’re doing the best you can. Like always.” Luke always had his shit together. Always had a plan, an answer, was always taking care of everything and everyone.

“How is Fi?” There’d been talk of some kind of Koch crisis in their hometown. Cee wondered if Flynn had decided whether or not he’d be moving back to Alaska, and if he had, if Fiona was going to be going with him.
| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 11:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Good. I'll help you pack in a while, we can get you over and settled this afternoon." Much as he wanted to believe that he could move Cee into his room, he'd probably have to put her in the spare bedroom down the hall from D. He still had Adam in his bed every night, with Tay creeping in two nights in three to join them. Adding a fourth person to that was nothing but uncomfortable, even if Cee had been up for the wholesale cuddling and sexually-tinged touching that was a part of healing up what had been done to his birds, which he had no reason to believe she was.

When she asked about Fi, Luke frowned a bit. "I don't think she's going with Flynn if he has to move back north. She won't have the protection from Reese there. That family's all bulky and scary and all, but politics still count for something, and there aren't any masters in Alaska who could or would stand against Reese. So she's staying, but I don't know more than that yet."

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 10:04 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Gosh." She shook her head lightly. Whatever was going on back it Sitka must've been pretty important (or possibly horrific) if it had Flynn uprooting without bringing Fi along. He'd changed his entire life to fit with hers, cut back on hours at his shop, put himself in the mix of Court vampires, strained his relationship with Bonnie, and for what? To leave an already fragile being feeling abandoned and heart broken?

... Okay, so maybe she had a slight bias when it came to Break Ups Caused By Extenuating Circumstances, so what? Her face hurt, and her arm hurt, and her heart hurt. That meant she could be vicariously moody, didn't it?

"I hope Fi pulls through alright." The blonde avian was stronger than the others, by the bits and pieces she'd gathered from Luke, Bonnie (via Flynn) and through her own observation, Fiona had been through a lot in her lifetime and had a courage Cee was a little bit envious of.

"You tell her I'll be here, if she needs to talk? Or wants a shoulder and baked goods."

| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 6:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I hope so." His voice was heavy with worry, even as he never stopped touching Cee with that gentle attentiveness. "She's bonded some with that human teacher at Court, that seems to be helping to steady her out. Fi seems to be one of those people who needs somebody specific. One person who makes her the focus." It wasn't something he could give her, though she never appeared to blame him for that. Sometimes he had to take what he could get. "I'll tell her, though. Thanks."

He leaned over and pressed another of those incredibly delicate kisses to her temple. "How's your family taking things? I'm a little shocked they didn't come out to check on you even."

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 8:18 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A gentle sigh. "My parents want me to come home."

First it was her misguided route on the path to activism. Being too loud for her America the Beautiful, white picket fence, 2 children and a dog family. Then it had been her dating a boy with tattoos, whom they only knew existed because her kid sister Rory can't keep a secret. Then she went and dropped out of school, and now this.

"I'm staying. I told them I was fine and downplayed my injuries enough to keep my mom from hyperventilating. Because, if my mom and dad came out - they'd expect me to do as I'm asked and pack my bags, probably even convince me it was for the best, like it was all my idea to begin with."

"I'm not doing the things I said I'd do, or accomplishing the things I planned to accomplish." And she was just as pessimistic as her parents were, in that regard. "I think they're disappointed."
| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 11:36 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Luke shook his head, he never stopped petting her in those slow, gentle touches. It was automatic for him now, to offer comfort to those he cared for was as natural as breathing. "You've changed since you set those goals. You've seen and experienced things that the girl you were in high school couldn't even imagine. If your goals have changed, that only makes sense given how you've changed."

"I think the question is whether you feel good about the way your life is heading now. Do you want to go back to school? Do you want to stay in Seattle? Do you want to stay tangled up in the supernatural community, or do you want to go back to living a life that's safe and sane?"

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 12:38 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I'm happy with where it was going, before I got super, crazy sidetracked." The LAG ordeal had thrown her entire world off orbit, Wil and the breakup, seeing him again, it'd all had her plummeting into this rut, and she was tired of it.

"I still want to make a difference, and I'm going to go back to school; yes. Maybe I can drag D along for that ride."

"And, I don't want to be without you." Tilting her head to the side, going a little quieter, "are we okay?" Things had been busy, stressful, he'd needed to be in a million places at once and even still, something seemed... Off.
| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 10 2013, 1:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I--I think so?" Now he was doubting all of a sudden, where he hadn't been before. "Things feel okay from my end. I mean, I'm tired and stressed out and the birds are taking up more and more of my time. So much that I may actually have to hire in some extra guards and stop doing the Court visits so that I can be on duty more around the house. And Tay and Adam are needing more of the sexual stuff, which is weird where it never was before because I don't know how okay with it you can be."

He shook his head. "I'm kind of terrible at being a boyfriend, and I know that. But I don't want to lose you."

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 6:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"What does that mean, exactly? I get it, only not really." Just like she was okay with it, only not really. There was only so much about the bird culture she could understand, and only so much she knew from books and saw in person through interacting with Luke's swans. And that surely wasn't one of them.

"What do you... Do, for them?" And wow, this was an awkward question.

She hadn't even crossed that barrier with him yet, she'd rushed into it with Wil and it'd made her more vulnerable - she was sure of it. This time she was being cautious. But, it was starting to feel like the right time, before all this Hell broke loose.
| PM |
Luke Weber
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:46 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He shifted around to face her more squarely, both dreading this conversation and sort of relieved to be having it at last. It had been hanging over him for so long, he'd called himself weak dozens of times because how he'd shied away.

Taking hold of Cee's hand but stopping petting her because he was prepared for her to reject him entirely for this, he tried to find the words. "When--when they get hurt, it's often sexual in some way. Someone forced them, or even if they don't, it's usually a sexual terror or violence in one way or another."

"And when they're hurt, I tend to take them into my bed for a while, because I'm The Safe Person. The only safe person in their lives, most of them. Not all, Anne has Manny and Hunt has his family, Fi has Flynn. But for the others, including Dallas, for years I've been the person who protects them but I've also been the person who they believe, all the way down, will never hurt them."

His eyes went distant, or seemed to. Really he was just concentrating on finding the right words to explain this without it sounding creepy, while suspecting that it would always sound creepy no matter what he did. "They stay in my room to keep the nightmares at bay. Wake up shivering or crying or screaming and I hold them and promise them that they're safe. That they're always safe with me, because I'm that person. But they're so fucked up that sex and love are the same thing for them. And I learned a long time ago that when they're in that headspace, where they're starting to heal but not there yet, that gentle, loving sexual contact can help them a lot."

"Kissing, holding, touching. But sometimes more. It depends on them, and on what happened. Right now I've been holding off going there with Adam, even though he needs it, because I don't feel right about that when I'm with you. But at the same time I'm scared that he's starting to take it as a rejection, more proof that he's broken and bad." Luke sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry. I tried to warn you how fucked up my life is, but I think I didn't manage to convey it well."

user posted image
Cecelia Scheving
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 9:52 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Yeah." Agreeing with the fucked up part, quietly. She was silent then, working through things in her head so quickly and concentrating on that so completely that you could almost see the wheels turning behind her eyes.

Finally, after several minutes, she looked back up at him with her good eye. "I know you're just doing what you can for them, you're nurturing even when it's hard, it's why I fell for you."

"But, you get that this is weird for me, don't you? Really weird."
| PM |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |