Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Work Day, [Jesse/Janos]
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 9:50 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 8

Janos nodded, but, "I worry that if I staff it with all rats and kin and then try to bring in outsiders later it will create a closed society and make it hard to integrate other species." He licked a blob of yogurt off one fingertip. "Mind, I only sort of care. This place isn't supposed to be Winchesters II. It's a rat place. But it's one of the things I've been kicking around in my head."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 5:18 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 22

"Rat joint," Jess repeated. "Who gives a shit if people can't find a way to integrate. Not our problem." Personally, he didn't think that would be an issue. Rats were insular, but they could play well with others when they needed to. Just look at the ones who worked at Court.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 5:33 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos nodded, still working on his gyro. "Not too fussed about it. We'll see who wants a job, and I'll fill in the ranks from other groups if need be." He doubted he would, there was a lot of kin in town.

"Have you given any more thought to school?" He tried not to nag, but if there was ever anyone who needed a well-rounded liberal arts education it was Jess.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 7:01 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Once I have the GED I'm taking some classes at Shoreline," Jess said, "It's cheaper than U Dub and their classes transfer to four year universities around here. I'll start this summer."

He almost, but not quite, stuck his tongue out when he was done speaking. "See, I can do things without being nagged at."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 7:09 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos beamed at him. "Yes you can. I think I'll buy you a tablet for taking to school with you. Easier than hauling around all those books." And he had almost no opportunities to actually spoil Jess. His boyfriend rejected almost all attempts, Janos had to sneak things in around the edges. Or bully him into them.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 9:03 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You don't have to do that," Jess said, but didn't push past it knowing that Janos would do what he wanted anyway and, in all honesty, Jess kind of wanted a tablet. Without the kind of. He'd been playing around TJ's a lot lately and they were just freaking cool.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 11:08 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Taking the weakness of the protest as permission, Janos beamed at Jess and made a mental note to order in a Nexus 10. He still had a bias toward Android that came from Phillip, who had supplied the tech for Shiloh's inner circle.

He reached out and laid a hand on Jess's knee, affection and seeking reassurance both. "So I'm bringing in three pool tables, for that room there," he nodded over to what had once been the private party room. "Anything else like that I should bring in? Darts seems like a recipe for trouble, but possibly amusing trouble. Video games? A juke box? What would make the bar better?"

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 4:10 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You can get electronic darts," Jess pointed out, "The darts themselves are plastic, can't do any real damage."

He thought then. "Maybe a couple video games, mix of classic with new. Or pinball. I think everyone loves pinball, right?" He had no real idea.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 4:20 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded slowly, "I was just going to go with regular darts, since most of the folks will be shifters and replacing a broken dart board is a lot cheaper than replacing a machine." He chewed on his bottom lip while he thought. "Or do you think that's an invitation to chaos? I was thinking if I put in a row of 'em folks would get all competitive. Buy their own darts, get...you know, ratlike. And yeah, there'd be a certain amount of lodging the dart-tips in one another's skulls but as long as none of 'em are silver?"

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 4:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I guess so. But if one of 'em goes to the ER with dart buried in their brain, you get to explain it to Bobby." Jess had just met the new rat doctor, and he intimidated him immensely.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 5:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He considered that for a moment. "Fine. No darts. Pool and one of those games where you shoot zombies with plastic guns and some old-school video games. Pinball has glass involved."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 7:21 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I don't know," Jess said slowly, sounding skeptical and like a concerned parent, "Do you think we're coddling them too much?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 12:52 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He managed a stern look, though his mouth was tight enough that he was clearly restraining a grin. "I'm not worried about coddling them. I'm worried about replacing the glass in a vintage pinball game twice a month when somebody puts their fist through it in a burst of enthusiasm. Or jams their best friend's head through it as part of a victory celebration."

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |