Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Work Day, [Jesse/Janos]
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 9:39 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 8

"You tell them that you were afraid. That your head was spinning and you were traumatized and then you were threatened by men much older and stronger than you." He slid a hand up Jesse's back to his shoulder. "You tell them that you thought you were protecting them, that those men would kill them as they promised to do. And then you tell them that you ran for three years, trying to keep them safe from what you thought was a danger that was your fault. and that only now do you understand better what the real situation is, and because you do, you want to tell them that you're sorry and that you love them."

Janos trailed the backs of his fingers down the side of Jesse's throat. "And then you wait to see what they will say. And I will wait with you. And whatever they answer," and Janos was not a dumb kid, and had very little fear that the people he'd heard about through tiny glimpses of stories Jess told would reject their son, but he had to answer his love's fears, "we will have one another, and the Clan, and you will know that in this thing you have done the best you can."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 9:46 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 22

In the end it was exactly what Jess had needed to hear. He took Janos's hand in both of his and kissed the back of it, and then the palm, eyes closed as he calmed himself and knowing Janos would feel how grateful he was.

A ragged sigh against the hyena's skin and he opened his eyes, and there was something of laughter in them. "I guess since they'll probably be stoked I'm not dead they'll take the wererat and gay thing pretty easily."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 12:14 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A slow, sly smile as he wiggled his fingers a little, brushing the fingertips against Jesse's cheek. "Yay, I'm the lesser of two evils. Compared to death, I'm not that bad." He laughed quietly but never even looked like pulling away. "And I personally can't even imagine anyone being upset that someone they love is a shifter, but I acknowledge that my perspective is not everyone's."

Quieter, "You're alive, my love. Alive and whole and healthy." They'd never actually discussed that Jess had been positive, but he'd known it even before Harrison confirmed it, and he had to figure Jesse was aware. "What Katja did to survive, how could I ever blame her for any of it? Only be grateful that she lived, and that I could find her. Could you think less of your parents?"

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 6:50 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"My parents are great," Jess said vehemently, then took a bit of a calming breath before he tried to explain his thought process.

"Moline, Illinois is about a million light years away from a war torn country, and then some. Sex trafficking, runaways, that sort of thing is shit you see on Nightline or whatever, but that your son could be sucking cock for a fucking cheeseburger somewhere is not something you even consider as a possibility. Not that, you know," a crooked grin, "I would even bring that up, but you know what I mean. The shifter thing," he shook his head, sighed, ran his free hand through his hair which just flopped back immediately, "I dunno. We'll see what happens. If I go through with this." He was still waffling, talking it through. Scared, really, and trying to work through that, which Janos was helping with very well.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 7:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He couldn't help it, there was a quick spurt of laughter though it was accompanied by sliding his hand across Jesse's chest in comfort and affection. "No, I wasn't thinking that we should sit around their kitchen tables and talk about 'foods I've blown strangers for'. I just meant that when I found her, I didn't care, wouldn't care, what situation she was in or what she'd done. That she was alive, that I had found her again, could hold her in my arms and talk to her and find all the ways she was still my baby sister among the ways that she was a stranger, that was all I cared about. The love of her was everything that mattered."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 8:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I know," Jess said, "And the logical part of my brain says of course that's how they'll feel. My folks are pretty kick ass, always have been." Hell, the fact that they'd all been very close friends, all four taking a firm hand in raising him, showed that. "It's just the part of my brain where logic doesn't live. I'll work past it," he predicted.

Then laughed. "My God, can you imagine that conversation?" he asked. Hell, he and Janos hadn't really even spoken too often in specifics because why would they? The gist was more than enough to relive. "I shouldn't imagine it as being funny, it so wouldn't be, but in my head it's fucking hilarious."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 8:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos grinned, resettling his arms around Jesse's hips. "I picture it turning into a game of one-upsmanship. 'I did it for a McDonald's cheeseburger. A small one.' 'Well I did it for the second half of a Subway meatball footlong.' 'Well I did it for the second Twinkie in a pack. And it was squished.'" He laughed, hard, the image getting more and more absurd in his mind as he considered it. "And everyone else around us just staring in horror."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 30 2012, 3:50 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jess loved how practical Janos always was about the lives they'd led, and that practicality turned into the joke he'd just made had him laughing pretty damned hard.

"I can't even imagine who'd be more horrified, my moms or my dads," he said with a shake of his head, going with it enough that he didn't think about how they would actually react if he were to ever tell them, which he had zero plan of ever doing.

"We do get to see their faces when I bring you home and they find out I just do it for fun," he said, but even that sounded like he was amused by it.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 1:27 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

A shrug, "It's the 21st century. Nobody gets all worked up about homosexuality any more." He actually believed that, because for all his worldliness Janos had spent his entire adult life in the very permissive world of vampires and monsters, where nobody did get worked up about it.

Anyway, more to the point, "After three years, I think you could show up with a one-legged transvestite named Larry and they'd at least wait until next Thanksgiving to start dropping hints about making good relationship choices. And I promise to be on my best behavior. No cleaning their kitchens."

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 9:16 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You'll be doing dishes within hours," Jess predicted, "And organizing pantries. I'll bet you anything you want."

As for the other thing. "It's going to be a shock," he said, "Once they come down from the shock of my not being dead. I...never showed any real tendencies and you live in the monster bubble where anything goes. I'm not freaking out about it," he assured him, "There's a lot more bigger stuff to freak out about, but with or without Larry, it'll be an issue. But I think it'll also be okay in the end." Because he loved Janos, and Janos had had quite a big hand in saving his life. His folks wouldn't have any choice but to love him too.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 10:21 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Fair enough." Janos dipped his head and nuzzled at Jesse's shoulder for a minute, giving comfort the best non-naked way he knew how right then. Because the next thing he asked was, "When are you going to contact them? And have you decided how?"

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 10:52 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

And just that fast, with the questions, Jess knew he would be contacting them. Probably soon. The how was still up for debate.

"I still feel like I need to be careful. I know I'm being stupid to believe they're still watching for me or that they can get at me with Shiloh and Garrett's backing, but I kinda do." Hey, at least he knew he was being stupid. "So probably the email by proxy string."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 8:34 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Janos nodded. "Okay. Though I'm forced to just go ahead and point out once that I have unlimited minutes on my phone, which is in my name and on Garrett's address, and which it takes roughly ninety seconds to set to 'number withheld'. That said?" He smiled at Jesse and brought his hand up for a kiss, "Whenever you're ready, I'll be here."

He honestly wouldn't try to rush Jesse into doing this. He just had to give that one little prod, if for no other reason than because right now they were alone, with nothing likely to demand their attention for several hours. That was rare enough that it was worth the nudge. You know, once.

user posted image
Jesse Davenport
 Posted: Jan 2 2013, 10:24 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"We'll see," was all Jess had to say about it, knowing he'd have to think that and a thousand other things over again and again before he was ready to make a move toward reconnecting with his past.

And tell Eli. He couldn't do this without telling him.

Which had him asking, "Do you think we stand any real chance in getting a night or lunch with Eli, alone, soon?" Janos would know far better than he would.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Janos Maric
 Posted: Jan 2 2013, 4:46 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He thought about that while he went and started finally pulling the food out of the cartons and setting up for them to eat at the battered but clean bar. "A morning," Janos decided was their best shot. "Breakfast, then hanging out, then he can sleep in the afternoon. It's easier to stay up later when you're on that schedule than to get up sooner. I think he can suck down some coffee and make it work." If Eli was willing to put out the effort, but Janos had to believe he was. Whatever else, he was still Jesse's friend.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |