Clarifying Something, don't be scared, it's nothing serious
Briar
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 4:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Administrator
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 1

In case anyone was wondering why we run a board based on Anita Blake yet refuse to read the novels, and why I personally hold the rule that anything after Obsidian Butterfly is LKH writing slash in her own 'verse? I present you this passage from the newest book:

Setup: An angry cop tries to take a swing at some vampires that have been arrested. Anita intervenes and ends up feeding off his anger:

"...sipping it through the muscled bunch of his arm... swallowing the thick, red fire of his rage... smelled his blood beating just beneath the bitter sweetness of his anger, so that he was like a piece of cupcake with dark, bittersweet icing that could be licked away, to the warm, moist cake and then the hot, liquid center where the sweetest, thickest chocolate lay waiting like some hidden treasure that would make the anger even tastier."

I'm never eating fudge cake again.

user posted image
PM Shiloh or click one of those IM links down there.
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
John Smith
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 5:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Heretic

Member No.: 67

I just pretend it's the Dresden universe.

user posted image
| PM || ICQ |
Evelyn Zuleika
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 7:15 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 157

i actually kinda like it. But I am coming at it from a different perspective then most. Interesting metaphor use, but would need to know the full context before I could give final grade tongue.gif

user posted image
| PM |
Jonathan Strange
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 7:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member

Player: N/A

Member No.: 175

I...hm. That's...interesting?

No, I'm kidding, it's awful. Call me picky, but I kind of threw up in my mouth a little.

/shot
| PM |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS | | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |