Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

At the Bus Mall, Bailey/Joseph
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 9:24 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 174

More slowly, more gently, "I'm not saying that I'm better than you. I'm saying that I'm gay this month and that you look like you need a good meal more than you need to be working another trick for the next half hour." He finished his smoke and flicked it away, the butt tracing an arc in the air before landing and hissing itself out in the wet gutter. "Are you ready?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 9:40 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: N/A

Member No.: 302

"Oh.." She didn't know what to say to that. How to feel. No one cared about her. "Tricks pay the rent..." she mumbled, almost as a defense. An argument to validate herself and what she did.

Bailey inhaled the last of her cigarette and ground the butt beneath the toe of her boot. "Yeah. I'm ready."
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 11:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He didn't argue with her further, just nodded and guided her into the diner and steered them toward one of the booths toward the back, where it was both warmer and quieter. The waitress seemed inclined to give Bailey the stink-eye, but Joseph regarded her with the cool hauteur that he'd learned at Court and she subsided.

"Coffee for me, and can we start with an order of potato skins?" He didn't bother looking at the menu first, but was there a diner in the world that didn't have potato skins on the menu? Apparently not, as the waitress just nodded and went to get the coffee pot.

Joseph smiled at Bailey and pulled his cup over to get filled. "Don't know about you, but when I'm good and hungry, sometimes just waiting for reading all the way through the menu is more patient than I can be."

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 12:02 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Bailey half leaned on Joseph for support as he guided her stumbling through the restaurant. She melted into the booth. The few patrons and entirety of the staff gave her the evil eye, but she either didn't notice or chose to ignore them.

It wasn't until the waitress arrived giving her a very severe dirty look that Bailey was about to lay on some snark. Or tell the woman she was going to die. She did that sometimes. Made something up, pulled something from a memory to freak people out that were pissing her off. Not that they would have believed her. They usually didn't, but they were often unnerved enough to leave her alone.

Fortunately Joseph managed to put on some superior air's just as Bailey was about to open her mouth. The glower of the waitress shut down and she silently took the order and walked away.

Bailey flopped backward into the worn cushion. Clumsily she pulled her purse off her shoulder and tucked it in the corner next to her.

"I guess...?" Now that Joseph had her in the restaurant, off the streets and out of her element, Bailey wasn't sure what to do, or say. She opted for the familiar, "So if you're into guys, I can make a call... We can make it a party."

There were a few others she knew and they sometimes passed tricks around. One of them was a guy, more than happy to be the bottom or top with other guys, or girls. He was freakish. So whenever Bailey got someone else in on a trick, she got paid. Not as much as if she'd turned it herself, but it was better than nothing.
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 1:11 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He didn't sigh, but it was a near thing. "Girl, seriously, I'm not looking. When my boyfriend gets home tonight we're going to have incredible, mind-blowing, somewhat dangerous sex that will be made even better because right this second he's out blowing off steam in his own personal way," that way being incredibly disturbing and very illegal, but it didn't take away from Joseph's point, "and he'll get home higher'n a kite and in the mood for adventure."

Joseph smiled at Bailey, wry and charming. "I promise you, I'm not going to try to talk to you about Jesus, hurt you in any way, trick you into anything. I'm just hungry, a little bored, and in the mood for some company while I eat. Okay?"

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 1:27 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Okay. Okay. I get it. Jesus fucking christ." Bailey almost cut him off. She did not want to hear about his crazy sex life, or the relationship, or how awesome the boyfriend was. Other people's good fortunes in the land of love and relationships gave Bailey a bad taste. "I won't mention it again. Fuck."

There it was again. The whole good deed thing. The willingness to help someone out without an agenda. Bailey sat up and leaned forward, her arms plopped on the table.

"So you don't wanna fuck me. You don't want to save me. You don't want to heal me. You don't want to use me. Or trick me. Or anything else. Except sit here with you and eat?" She didn't buy it. "That can't be all this is."
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 1:37 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Why can't it?" Curious, just the barest bit challenging. "What'll it cost to feed you? Twelve bucks? Fifteen if you get a shake? That's less than it would cost to buy a new hardback novel to read while I eat." He shrugged. "I told you, I've gone hungry. It was a long time ago, money's not hard any more, not like it was then. I can afford to buy somebody a meal once in a while."

He smiled at the waitress when she came back over to pour his coffee, took a sip. "So how about a name? Doesn't have to be your real name, but I can't keep talling you 'honey' and 'girl', it's impolite."

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 1:48 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Ain't nothin' for free." Bailey scowled just slightly. He had no idea what it was like. Sure, maybe he'd lived on the streets once, but he wasn't cursed. He didn't see the things she saw. As far as she was concerned it was completely different. If she didn't have the visions and the episodes, she wouldn't be out here. She might have had a normal life. "Yeah? You run away or somethin'? You ever not know where you're goin' to sleep? You ever..."

Bailey shut her mouth and flopped back into the cushion. She'd almost started going off about her shit. Her life. How much of a freak she was. She crossed her arms and legs and tried to look haughty.

"What do you want it to be?"
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 2:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Don't make assumptions," he said primly. "You don't know my past. And what I want is your real name, but I'm just accepting that I'm not going to get it and asking for a preferred alias."

He smiled at her, seeming utterly unflappable. There was no reason for this girl to know it, but after Colin her version of being aggressive and unpleasant was kind of adorable. Like a kitten hissing and spitting. "What would you like for dinner?"

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 9:56 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Bailey rolled her eyes, "Fine. Call me Jasmine." Of course she wasn't going to give out her real name. She just met the guy, and even though he wasn't a cop she didn't trust him.

Joseph's calm and collected demeanor was almost irritating. He never reacted to her. Never raised his voice, wasn't condescending, wasn't angry or annoyed. She was so used to freaking people out and pissing them off if they weren't a trick that interacting with someone who was neither seemed weird.

Sudden curiosity made Bailey sit up and she eyed him. She inspected him, as though she were looking for something, or trying to recognize him. Not finding anything, she flopped back, disappointed.

"Cheeseburger, bacon, fried onions and a coke. With a side of onion rings." As an after thought, "And extra pickles."
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 11:39 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I think we can manage that." He sipped his coffee, just eternally cheerful and mild. "So did you grow up in this area? I'm an import, just arrived about eight months ago. I'm still getting a feel for the city." Joseph fully expected Jasmine here to reject his conversational gambit, throw some more anger and bitterness at him in response. But frankly, there was amusement to be gained just from being pleasant and polite to her and watching her struggled against it. Joseph was a good guy, not a saint.

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 1:56 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Oh, and a side of mayo." Bailey really liked dipping her onion rings in mayo. Also the pickles. And fries. And slathering it on the bread. Really, she just liked it with everything.

Bailey's face scrunched in consternation. She was torn between truth and lies, unaccustomed to friendly small talk. He asked her if she'd grown up around here, the answer was no, the question was whether or not that's what she told him. And he was still so friendly and pleasant. It was making her nuts, and she could feel the high starting to wear off.

"Fuck. No. I didn't." That was truth. She tapped her red nails on the table. She was anxious, more out of fear from the possibility of a vision than out of any real need for the drugs.
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 3:05 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He nodded pleasantly, "Culture shock? Or was that just me. I came down from rural Alaska. Well, mostly you don't need to add the 'rural'. Even the cities are rural compared to downland. I grew up on tribal land near Juneau, which is the capital of Alaska and its third-largest city. Population, 32,000. Roughly the population of, oh, Seward Park." Joseph grinned at Bailey. "I'm lucky I didn't wander around gaping at the skyscrapers and asking how they built them buildings so big."

The waitress finally came back over, looking sullen about it. Joseph gave her a big white smile, ordered Jasmine's meal for her and his own double bacon cheeseburger, fries with ranch, bowl of broccoli cheese soup on the side. The waitress seemed slightly mollified as she mentally added up her tip and promised to get the potato skins right out to them.

user posted image
Bailey Moore
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 3:59 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Bailey raised an eyebrow at Joseph, "Just you." She giggled at Joseph. A genuine, girlish giggle. The child that she was showed through for the first time. It made her appearance more comical and sad. A child playing dress up.

"'M from Denver. Hitched my way out here." A volunteered truth, though the details were left unspoken.

When the waitress returned Bailey glowered right back at her. Again she would have said something, but Joseph, with his calm, collected demeanor, stepped in. Bailey settled for sticking her tongue out at the back of the retreating figure. "Fucking bitch."

Bailey slipped off her coat, shoving it on top of her purse. The shirt was sleeveless, revealing bony clavicles and skinny arms. Tracks marred the inside of her elbows.

"So the fuck did you come here for?"
| PM || EMAIL |
Joseph Kinapak
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 5:16 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Christ she was skinny. It literally hurt to look at her, he wanted to dress her in fuzzy pyjamas and pour hot chocolate down her. It had to be ungodly uncomfortable to be that scrawny.

"Came down for a job, and a family obligation. I'm working for the vampire Court, and for a day job. The one sort of followed the other. I like it here, though. It's a little insane, but in fun ways."

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (3) 1 2 3  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |