It begins (Monday Feb 4), Nilean/Charlie
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 3 2013, 9:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Marian

Member No.: 284

Charlie parked her scooter outside the bar. It was a small corner bar not far from her apartment, hidden away from the crowds and endless nightlife that Seattle offered. It was quiet most nights with nothing more than a steady stream of regulars. Charlie liked going in for a drink or two after work. A quiet chance to wind down without the hustle and bustle of the clubs and pick up bars.

"Hey, Bill." She said as she slid onto a bar stool, "Can I get a Yuengling?"

Bill the bartender greeted Charlie and set the bottle in front of her. Charlie smiled her thanks and set a twenty on the bar.

She took the bottle and sipped at it letting her thoughts wander. The previous week had been enough excitement for a lifetime, and not much of it had been good excitement. Meeting and going out with Jeremiah had been the best of it, and she was genuinely glad for that, but the vampire and Tam still gave her chills. She just wanted things to go back to normal. To forget all of that and have no further dealings with the supernatural community. Was that really too much to ask?
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 3:40 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Player: RixenRae

Member No.: 298

once upon a time she would have never come to a place like this. But she was to old to stay hidden in the dark any longer for her scars. Unless she would wear a burka her entire life there was nothing to hide her from the world. The scars started on her cheek just under her eyes and followed her body over her chest, stomach and low on her hips. Humans said that vampires were demons, but it had been humans who had touched her like this. the scars would never heal. That was the magic of holy water.

She came to the bars on the slow nights to find her meals. She supposed she liked the danger of it, the feeling of being a real predator instead of someone being fed. On the busy nights she would find a doll from Many Moons but Monday nights were perfect for her here. A handful of patrons, and most of them were used to her by now and her appearance. it was well known in the monster community that vampires came to this bar to find food. Just being seen here meant you were open to being approached.

She loosened the scarf she wore, not to cover up but to brave against the weather. Nilean played human well, almost to well. she glanced at her watch. It was getting late for a vampire who had not fed yet. She might play human but she didn't look exactly human. not that people would notice. They only ever saw the scars. Her eyes scanned over the patrons and she spotted the read head.

she was probably used to being noticed with hair like that. Nilean didn't know what attracted her to the woman but it was suddenly decided that she needed her tonight. She sat a little straighter in her seat, looking at the girls back and willed her to turn around. It was not vampire tricks. just humans who reacted to feeling someone staring at you. Animal instincts.

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 7:05 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie was unfamiliar with the workings of the supernatural community. She had had enough of it to last a lifetime. That lack of awareness kept Charlie coming back to this bar. She liked it's charm, the quiet, the staff. It was a good place for a pint after work.

She could feel the eyes boring into her and she squirmed. She tossed her hair and tried to find the person out of the corner of her eye. No one to either side of her was staring. They were all minding their own drinks caught up in conversation or their own heads.

Charlie tried to ignore it. Tried to get lost in her thoughts and drink her beer and relax. She kept shifting in her seat to try and shake it. It wasn't working. The feeling didn't go away.

Finally she turned just enough to look over her shoulder. For as few people as there were in the bar Charlie didn't see Nilean right away. She scanned the small crowd a couple of times before seeing her.

Their eyes caught for just a moment. Charlie's eyes quickly shifted to take in the rest of her. She was covered in horrid scars. On her face and neck, what Charlie could see of it anyway, but even underneath the disfiguration Charlie saw what a beautiful woman she had been, and in some way still was.

Except that the woman kept staring at her Charlie like she wnted to eat her.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 11:37 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Finally she found the source of the eyes and Nilean offered her a closed lip smile that wasn't as distorted as her other smiles. The scars had damaged more then skin, her muscles couldn't move the way they should. She compensated though. She had long enough to know how to move to hide the obvious discomfort of her scars. she beckoned the girl over with her finger and tapped the space on the table opposite her where there was an empty seat.

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 5 2013, 7:34 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie awkwardly returned the smile. It was polite and kind in it's way, but not warm or particularly friendly. Mostly it was awkward. She just wanted the woman to stop staring, it was kind of weird.

Having found the source of the eyes and returned the woman's smile Charlie was about to turn back to her drink, back to her own thoughts, when the woman invited over. Charlie froze, uncertain what to do. She didn't know the woman, had never seen her before. And Charlie wasn't much in the mood for company. Her eyes darted around the room, as though she were either looking to see if the woman had actually indicatd someone else or for an escape. Someone she knew, or someone she could pretend she knew. But there wasn't anyone and Charlie's eyes came back to the woman.

There was nothing Charlie could do. If she refused the woman would likely take offense or feel somehow jilted because of her scars, which was not the case. The scars were impossible to miss and Charlie couldn't help but to look at them, but really she just didn't want to talk to a strange woman. Charlie had had enough weird for a lifetime, and this just felt like another one of those things.

With a sigh and no small amount of reluctance Charlie slid off the stool and went over to the woman. She set her beer on the table and sat down.

"Uh... hi?"
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 5 2013, 2:46 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Nilean's smile intensified for a moment as the girl came over and joined her. "Good evening." Nilean said to her cautious hi. "I have seen you in here a few times but never see you donate. I know several people who are disappointed that your standards are so high no one seems to worthy of you."

Nilean turned her head to the side and looked the girl over, shadow hiding most of her face and giving a glimpse of the exotic looking monster she should have been. "I just wanted you to be told that donating does not have to mean sex, if that is why your worried. It happens but most of us are really polite about it."

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 5 2013, 4:25 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Confusion replaced the awkwardness. Donate? Donate what? Charlie couldn't think of any time she had turned down anything, let alone even been asked for a donation. She was starting to think this woman had her confused with someone else.

Charlie was about to correct the woman, telling her she had been mistaken when realization came. Charlie's eyes went wide and her mouth formed and "Oh...." Of course she had heard about people that let the vampires feed on them. She wasn't completely unfamiliar with their existence, but she didn't think she knew anyone personally. Except her friend Molly who had done it a few times. She had always said it was an "exhilarating" experience. Charlie had been doubtful and had told her she was crazy.

So this woman was a vampire? Charlie's hands started to tremble very slightly and she paled. After her last encounter with a vampire she was not keen on having anymore.

"Oh.. umm... no. I'm not interested. Sorry?" Nervousness caused her voice to hitch up at the end forming a question. It wasn't really a question and she wasn't really sorry. The way the woman looked at her like she was a juicy steak was disconcerting to say the least.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 5 2013, 7:03 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Nilean frowned, waving away the girls concerns quickly before she could leave her at the empty table again. "I'm sorry, maybe I am the one who is confused. You do know what this place is for right?" she said, although it seemed that the girl did not realise where she was. "This isn't just some bar, but a place for vampires to find a meal." How could she not know that.

"so it isn't that we are not good enough for you but you were not looking to be taken at all." She chuckled gently to herself, at the conversations she had heard over the snotty red head girl. "You should be careful where you go little girl. Some people have taken your actions as snobbery. Taunting them with your blood but never giving." Nilean gave her an honest warning. "Have you ever donated before?" she asked

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 5 2013, 10:29 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie blinked in disbelief. What could she say? She'd been coming in here for years a couple times a month, just for a couple of drinks. Sure a few people had approached her, but they weren't vampires. Were they?

"Uh... What?" Charlie had no idea what to say. Her hands continued to shake slightly and her skin was still pale, but there was a hint of indignation burning inside her. Why should she have to be careful about where she went? Vampires could go wherever they wanted. There were thousands of places they could be. Seattle was a large city, and this was a small corner bar. A quiet bar.

Charlie had never taunted anybody. Never flaunted herself or threw herself at people. She wasn't a wall flower, but wasn't the center of attention either. Really she considered herself extremely average. With fashion sense.

"N... no. I haven't. And I won't. Not ever."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 1:15 AM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"Oh I wouldn't force you." Nilean said as if the very idea offended her. of course this was all part od her game. Lure the girl into a false friendship, wine and dine her convince her they were friends and eventually she will ask to be bitten. And then Nilean will have the girl no one else could have. with her scars and pain she will have the girl that even the prettiest of vampires couldn't rope in.

"Well now you know." Nilean offered a smile and her hand, the scars showing here as she reached across the table. "My name is Nilean." she introduced herself. be light, friendly, offer her some good solid advice, and then the real games begin. Hunting and stalking, wrapping herself in the girls mind until finally she would beg to experience the bite from the only vampire she trusted.

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 6:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Well.. good." Everything about this felt awkward, at least for Charlie. Her fingers on her right hand began their repetitive motion in an effort to work off nervous energy.

"Yeah.. guess I do. When did this place become a Vampire bar? I've been coming in for a couple years and I had no idea..." Maybe it was time to find a new bar. One that didn't cater to vampires.

Charlie stopped the hand motions and cautiously took Nilean's hand in hers. She tried not to look like she was reaching for a poisonous snake, but wasn't doing a very good job. "Uh.. Charlie."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 10:14 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

Nilean thought about it but finally just shrugged at Charlie. "since always." she decided was the best way to put it. "for as long as I have been here I knew what it was, and it was firmly established before then. Back when we have to keep our fangs covered and drink in dirty ally ways places like this were the only way to find donations. of course it is easier now for some of us. People line up right outside your door." she smiled pleasantly, ignoring the tension from the girl. she could be patient.

"but some us enjoy the hunt, the tease. Personally I am a little nostalgic." she shared as she broke contact with the girl sitting opposite her and instead looked at the other patrons. "See him over there?" Nilean pointed the man out with her eyes. "He is a vampire. comes here every other night looking for someone to snack on. I am going to enjoy it when I tell him you had no idea what they place was."

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 12:41 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

The thought of offering herself up for food made Charlie's skin crawl. She couldn't imagine why anyone would do that. Molly had insisted it was awesome and that Charlie should try it some time, but Molly had always been a bit wild.

Charlie looked where Nilean indicated and recognized the man. She had seen him around, and he'd bought her a couple of drinks and tried to get her to go home with him. Charlie had declined, of course, but not because he was a vampire. He had never said so and Charlie hadn't been paying enough attention to notice the signs.

How was she supposed to know there were vampires every two feet? There were a few faces of the vampiric community that she recognized. The faces presented to the public on TV and in the news. But hte every day ones? Not a clue.

"Uh... What? Why? Why say anything about me at all? Just forget I'm here. Really. I don't need to be noticed." Panic slipped into her voice and she started peeling the label off her beer.

"Are all the bars like this? Are there any nice quiet neighborhood bars that aren't vampire feeding grounds?" If nothing else Charlie figured it was good to be informed.
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
Nilean Ojal
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 3:07 PM
|QUOTE |

Group Icon

"I'm trying to help you Charlie." Nilean said. "Right now you are the snobby bitch who is flaunting your body but not sharing. Which makes men like him angry. Give it a few more nights and when you leave you will not be leaving alone and you might not see daylight again. Teach you a lesson and leave a message for other pretty young things who might think taunting the vampires is fun." Obviously Charlie had no idea what dangers she was with just being here.

"There are plenty of bars, but this is not one of them. I can show you if you like. There is a bar only a few blocks from here that is just your regular bar. But I think you can hang here for tonight. Sitting with me helps." she offered

+++++++++++
NILEAN
+++++++++++

FASHION
COMMENTS HERE

VAMPIRE
BELLE MORTE

FLORIST
OWNS ROSE'S THORN

IMMORTAL

SINGLE

SCARS & CURSES

| PM |
Charlotte Lawrence
 Posted: Feb 11 2013, 8:11 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Charlie deflated. She wasn't flaunting anything. At least she didn't think she was.

"Well shouldn't they put up a sign or something? 'Vampires Eat Here.' At least then people that don't want to get nommed on will know."

Charlie continued to pick at the label of her beer, balling the little strips up and dropping them on the table. Her leg bounced anxiously and she looked around, wondering who else was a vampire and why she had never noticed before. Why no one had ever told her.

"Why don't people just come out say, 'hey, I'm a vampire. Can I eat you?'" She turned back to Nilean, "I mean why can't you guys just be up front about it? I mean, you were... sort of, but no one else has been."
| PM || EMAIL || ICQ |
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |