Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Midday Adventures, [Dylan/Evie]
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 2:44 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Briar

Member No.: 216

When Evie got back to the Compound, she wasn't particularly surprised to find that Dylan wasn't at home. Imogen was doing one on one testing with the new recruits, being their sparring partners through a variety of bladework styles to help Drey assess what system would work best for each one, which meant that she'd be gone all afternoon and into the evening.

So she headed to her bungalow and smiled at Dylan when she found him on the sofa. "Hello, liebchen. How's your day going?" She hopped over the sofa and dropped down next to him, setting her violin case aside so that she could get an arm around the other rat and gnaw on the back of his neck for a bit in a claiming and reassurance that she repeated every single time she saw him. "And maybe more to the point, how do you feel about coming out with me today? Lunch and a movie." It was about as mellow an expedition as she could think of, something to get him away from the Compound but still hopefully feeling safe.

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL || AIM || Y!M || MSN |
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 7:19 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Player: Shan

Member No.: 197

He went happily boneless as she bit at his neck, cuddling up next to her and bruxing quietly.

"I spent two hours on the mat with Van," he told her, "And he let me beat him up. But I'm learning how to listen to my rat better. It's very nice getting in touch with it."

That said, he looked at her while chewing his lip. "I think I could like that. Would you like to?"

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 7:58 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Mmm," she still had her arms around his shoulders, cuddling up on him. Evie was a physical person anyway, and with Dylan and Imogen that got magnified about a thousand times. "I'm glad you got to do that, and I like your rat a lot. He's a gorgeous boy." It was just one of those things, most shifters referred to their and other people's beasts as 'it', Evie always assigned gender. Something to do with how her own rat was so integrated into her.

She nuzzled the spot she'd just been biting. "And I think lunch and a movie sounds kind of awesome. I haven't been to a movie in a theater in a depressingly long time."

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"We went and saw Gone with the Wind," Dylan said of the last time he'd seen a movie. "It was horribly inaccurate. We've been watching a lot of movies here or in our place, though. They're very disturbing these days."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:32 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I thought we'd go see something a little less dark than most of my DVD collection." She kissed the side of his neck, slid her hand across his chest in a caress that was more sexual than it should have been. Evie was in the middle of the longest dry spell of her sexual life, even including making out with Gavin occasionally, and it was starting to be harder not to give in to some of the temptations of her position. "Let me go change out of school clothes and we'll head out and have some fun."

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 8:36 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He couldn't hide the hope that lit up his face at the way she touched him, nor his disappointment when she didn't follow through.

"Okay," he said, then showed moxy in completely the wrong way than what the Clan had been trying to teach him, "But we could stay here and you could have fun with me, too."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 9:04 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

She had to close her eyes to ride out the prickly feeling of yes that rolled across her midsection. The scent of it hit the air, nothing she could do about that, but she didn't reach out. "That wouldn't be right, liebchen. I--I can't do that, not while you need it, or think you do. Not until it's only because you want it." It was only right, she wouldn't betray Garrett's trust in her that way. Not when she truly believed that it wasn't what would be good for Dylan right now.

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 9:11 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

There was a very, very brief flash of defiance in his eyes but he lowered them swiftly and nodded. "Yes," he said, because he'd learned that even though everyone wanted them to think for themselves, they really just wanted them to agree with them, too.

"I'll wait here."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 9:30 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

That defiance was almost enough. Not quite, but it almost gave Evie the excuse that some part of her was looking for. But the moment passed, probably for the best, and she ran upstairs to put on something less-violinist and more-rat.

She came down ten minutes later dressed for comfort and armed to the teeth, with her walls firmly in place. Enough that she could smile at Dylan and lay a hand on the back of his shoulder. "Anything sound especially good for lunch?"

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 7:19 AM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He needed the whole ten minutes to pack away the mass of varied feelings that came with being rejected, again, by a person that was important to him. He'd keep it shoved down the rest of the afternoon and only let it out when he was alone with Imogen. It was the most common thing they comforted one another about, and he was sure that wasn't going to change any time soon.

By the time she'd returned he'd buried it deep, something he was good at, Imogen's presence in his mind a constant comfort as well. As he'd already been dressed in jeans and a sweater, all he'd had to do was pull on his shoes, a pair of Puma Speed Cats that Wil had given him one day, saying they were actually from someone named Drew, who had insisted they were perfect for him.

He had no idea who Drew was, but the shoes were perfect, and he wore them everywhere.

He didn't react to her touch, needing some help from Imogen but managing it, and shrugged. "Whatever you like is fine."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 1:01 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Evie didn't sigh at the noncommittal answer, despite the feeling that if she hadn't screwed up he might well have expressed an opinion. That conviction had her keeping her hand on his shoulder but saying, "I'm sorry, Dylan. Let's go to Chinese, okay?" He seemed to like the food at Bamboo Garden in Bellevue, at least he always ate a lot of it when they went there or got takeout on the way home from Frankie's.

"C'mon." She smiled at him, trying to coax an answering smile. "You want to drive?" Only love of him would have her offering to let him drive her baby.

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:13 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

He wasn't entirely done being dejected, but the offer of Chinese and to be allowed to drive was enough to bring him out of it most of the way.

He didn't smile, because even when he wasn't feeling unwanted and hurt he wasn't one to smile a lot, but he did not sort of vigorously. "Yes, I'd like to drive very much."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:26 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Evie's smile widened at the success of the ploy, and she handed over the keys to the GSX once they got outside. "You remember how to get to the restaurant?" Dylan had proven to have a noticeably good memory, maybe just because he was so old. She'd ended up calling home and talking to Declan a lot about these two.

Which actually reminded her. "So you remember Declan?" There'd been a few conference calls.

user posted image
Dylan Schaeffer
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 2:49 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I remember," Dylan said, face already intent as he was going over his projected route and the mechanics of driving a car in his head. "I can get us there again."

Once in and belted and the car started, he put it into gear and got them going before answering, "I remember Declan as well, yes."

user posted image
| PM || EMAIL |
Evelyn Simons
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 3:00 PM
|QUOTE |

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Evie buckled up and settled back in her seat with no sign of nerves, confident in a way that came from being both wealthy and indestructible from birth. "I was thinking that we might go visit Chicago for a few days, you and me and Imogen. I could introduce you to my parents and brother, and you could talk to Declan and his wife some, and maybe Seth, from the sault back there. They're good people, and might be helpful to talk to in person. Plus, hey, vacation." There were certain things she was running into with Dylan and Imogen that she was simply unable to understand, but she knew people who could and she wasn't afraid to tap those resources.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| TOPIC OPTIONS |Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |